Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105293 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
Just Placing it out there
Similar to the phrase "just putting that out there", but it is usually said more as suggestion, particularly when the person saying it lacks confidence that his answer or solution is correct.
Just placing it out there, but we should go bowling tonight.
Just placing it out there, but I think Rachel likes you.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9786 - 30 May 06 12:46 Death is beautiful
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Loc: Here and there...
This is the same thought I have when the tsunami happened. I believe that death is another form of life. It's a must for life to exist and is part of evolution. It's like a worm dies to be a butterfly. When life is beautiful, so is death.

Wonder why we pretend to get shocked for a sudden disaster while we know that bigger disasters are happening everyday around the world, like wars and poverty, which is the number one killer (more than 1 billion people live with less than US $1 a day, 80% of the world's resources are controlled by 20% of the population). It's just us differentiating natural death from unnatural one. Everything is natural for whatever causing the death (natural disasters, accidents, diseases, killings, wars, and people that are part of the nature). Other than that, it's a matter of science, including medical, political, and economics, that is not yet able to answer the challenge.

Well, the last quake was kinda a good test for solidarity and humanity. Lots of grief, loss, and mourning... But man falls to get up. Mostly, strength comes in the vulnerable state and in the nothingness. What to lose when you have nothing.

To live the life is to deal with the living things. For anybody who'd like to share but don't know where to start, here's some links to start with: http://www.unicef.org/, http://www.ifrc.org/, http://www.oxfam.org/eng/ wink

Promotion
Firefox 2: Rediscover the Web
#9787 - 30 May 06 12:57 Re: Death is beautiful
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Quote:
Originally posted by hanabi:
This is the same thought I have when the tsunami happened. I believe that death is another form of life. It's a must for life to exist and is part of evolution. It's like a worm dies to be a butterfly. When life is beautiful, so is death.

The responses to this post are going to be interesting :p laugh

Peter Kay

#9788 - 30 May 06 13:57 Re: Death is beautiful
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
Is it the nature way to control population?

#9789 - 30 May 06 15:04 Re: Death is beautiful
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Death comes to us all. Cross me and it comes sooner than you think.

Death, natures way of saying you pissed off a Polar Bear smile

#9790 - 30 May 06 15:27 Re: Death is beautiful
kitasatu Offline
Member+

Loc: USA
It is true everyone has to die some time, but different people have different ways off looking at death....and it is something people done like to talk about alot...

#9791 - 30 May 06 15:36 Re: Death is beautiful
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Seriously, have you ever thought of your own death? I'm kinda indifferent whether to die soon or later. I don't think that I'll have any regret if I die tomorrow. But I like the idea of dying young. It would be forever young... like Curt Cobain, Munir, Romeo and Juliet, eh???

#9792 - 30 May 06 15:48 Re: Death is beautiful
kitasatu Offline
Member+

I use to said that i was going to die young!!!!But i seriously never thought about it, until i was going to have my surgery,,, and then i had BIG headache... could not make decision on what to do about kids...to emotional?

#9793 - 30 May 06 15:52 Re: Death is beautiful
kitasatu Offline
Member+

love to stay and chat but have too go sleep, have to work tomorrow......i'll be back some other day will chat some more!!!!!Bye everyone..

#9794 - 30 May 06 16:19 Re: Death is beautiful
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Quote:
Originally posted by kitasatu:
I use to said that i was going to die young!!!!But i seriously never thought about it, until i was going to have my surgery,,, and then i had BIG headache... could not make decision on what to do about kids...to emotional?
Children have their own precious lives to cherish and they will find their own ways with or without us. wink

#9795 - 30 May 06 17:20 Re: Death is beautiful
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quote:
Originally posted by Sausage Master Polar Bear:

you rite PB, every soul will be die..whereever and whenever..and we're waiting for the turn smile
are you ready for die??

#9796 - 30 May 06 19:25 Re: Death is beautiful
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by jokgirl:
Quote:

you rite PB, every soul will be die..whereever and whenever..and we're waiting for the turn smile
are you ready for die??
Life is a tradable currency. Every tactical move in the military is made as a balance of casualties and deaths against objectives. You attack when you can achieve 3 to one superiority against a similar force. The ratios rise if the force is well established and defended. You are considered effective until you lose 30% of your men. It is like a mathematical game, and one that sickens me. Truth is I donít think I could do it, or live with myself after having done it.

I have been where I want, done what I want, or at least as much of it as I can. I have had some laughs, had some pain, and had my fleeting moments of bliss. Sadly, it is downhill from now, and life is not like an episode of OC.

If I were to die tomorrow, I would not die happy, but not die sad. No one would grieve at my graveside.

I have had my share of people die in my arms. A 4 year old child slammed into a the side of a truck by an epileptic driver, his mother screaming and pulling at me as I lifted him from under the car on Normanton Road Derby.

An old drunken man, staggering home in the dark of a Staffordshire Moorlands winter night, hit by a hit and run driver. His last words, whispered in my ear, ďI didnít mean to do itĒ.

A good friend who no longer could take life.

A businessman in his Rover, embedded in the back of a truck on the M1. his wifeís brains all over his face, his ribs sticking out through his bloody suit.

Death is fine. The pain involved is not so nice.

#9797 - 31 May 06 05:11 Re: Death is beautiful
Magpie Offline
Member**

Quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Polar Bear:
Quote:
Quote:

are you ready for die??
Well said.

Peter Kay

#9798 - 31 May 06 06:13 Re: Death is beautiful
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
When I die, I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and thrashing around like the forty passengers in the bus he was driving!

#9799 - 31 May 06 06:59 Re: Death is beautiful
Magpie Offline
Member**

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilligaf:
When I die, I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and thrashing around like the forty passengers in the bus he was driving!
hahahaha! Sick wee puppy, aren't we! laugh laugh

Peter Kay

#9800 - 31 May 06 07:06 Re: Death is beautiful
Magpie Offline
Member**

Quote:
Originally posted by rubyenda:
that and keeping you dick in your pants!

Peter Kay

#9801 - 31 May 06 07:21 Re: Death is beautiful
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie:
Quote:
Magpie, I look down on my pant and it's NOT dick :p

#9802 - 31 May 06 07:31 Re: Death is beautiful
Magpie Offline
Member**

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie:
Quote:
Magpie, I look down on my pant and it's NOT dick :p
Not you sweety, us, men - dicks, the lot of us! wink

Peter Kay

#9803 - 31 May 06 08:02 Re: Death is beautiful
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Q) Why are women difficult to wake up in the morning?

A)The dont have a set of balls to scratch?

#9804 - 31 May 06 08:37 Re: Death is beautiful
hanabi Offline
Member+++

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
are you ready for die??
I have been where I want, done what I want, or at least as much of it as I can. I have had some laughs, had some pain, and had my fleeting moments of bliss. Sadly, it is downhill from now, and life is not like an episode of OC.

If I were to die tomorrow, I would not die happy, but not die sad. No one would grieve at my graveside.

PB! Cheer up! You don't need anybody to grieve for you, do you? When I die, I would have the mystery of life and death unveiled and it would be something to celebrate. laugh I think death is a life without dimensional time we've already known.

As for the downhill thing, please don't say that... You may not have the same life but life is evolving. What's the most important thing in your life? For me, I think it's the knowledge of love and life. I've been thinking why I ran to my baby niece instead of doing any other thing when the quake hit. It was the moment when I had no time to think. Now I think it's a nature of human soul.

What is pain? Could it be only in your mind? There's a limit when you feel no more pain, but I don't know whether it's a numb feeling or not. Or at least pain is a relative feeling. On one trip, I was struck by an image of a very ugly poverty and I was wondering if the poor still can feel the pain. frown

#9805 - 31 May 06 08:49 Re: Death is beautiful
Magpie Offline
Member**

Quote:
Originally posted by hanabi:
Quote:
Quote:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sausage Master Polar Bear:
<strong> Death comes to us all. Cross me and it comes sooner than you think.
are you ready for die??

PB! Cheer up! You don't need anybody to grieve for you, do you? When I die, I would have the mystery of life and death unveiled and it would be something to celebrate. laugh I think death is a life without dimensional time we've already known.

As for the downhill thing, please don't say that... You may not have the same life but life is evolving. What's the most important thing in your life? For me, I think it's the knowledge of love and life. I've been thinking why I ran to my baby niece instead of doing any other thing when the quake hit. It was the moment when I had no time to think. Now I think it's a nature of human soul.

What is pain? Could it be only in your mind? There's a limit when you feel no more pain, but I don't know whether it's a numb feeling or not. Or at least pain is a relative feeling. On one trip, I was struck by an image of a very ugly poverty and I was wondering if the poor still can feel the pain. frown </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think Pb's thoughts on death are the same as mine, nothing ever after, chances are the people we know now will not be around when we die to grieve us. It's not a pessimistic view, more realistic. Anyway what would john Lennon think of all this death talk... making plans..while life goes on. We are all going to die at some point, so i suggest we fit some living in, in the mean time! wink

Peter Kay

#9806 - 31 May 06 08:51 Re: Death is beautiful
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Anything you have ever wanted to do but never got round to it! Do it today! You're a long time dead!

#9807 - 31 May 06 09:38 Re: Death is beautiful
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

good morning all, I just wanna say about the death..
you know that the death spy on us in everywhere smile
just prepare everything to die smile

#9808 - 31 May 06 11:18 Re: Death is beautiful
jagatbataradewa Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta
Hmmmh you r still there Jok girl ....
what do you said about death honey? confused

#9809 - 31 May 06 11:34 Re: Death is beautiful
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga