Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93433 - 12 Jan 09 01:24 Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
From Jakarta Globe

Indonesian Maid in Saudi Arabia Burned, Forced to Eat Own Feces

Demonstrators are expected to protest outside the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Central Jakarta today after details emerged over the weekend of the alleged shocking abuse of an Indonesian woman during her employment as a domestic worker in Medina last year.

In an open letter to the governments of Indonesia and Saudi Arabia, to be formally presented to the embassy on Jalan M.T. Haryono in Tebet, Human Rights Watch and the Indonesian Migrant Workers Union, or SBMI, detail the alleged abuse of Keni binti Carda by her employers, Khalida, a police officer, and Wafa al-Khuraifi, a doctor.

“The abuse allegedly inflicted by Wafa al-Khuraifi on Keni binti Carda includes repeated burning with an iron, forced ingestion of feces, psychological abuse and application of household cleaners to open wounds,” says the letter, obtained by The Jakarta Globe. “Mrs. al-Khuraifi also poked Keni’s tongue with a knife, pried her teeth loose and forced them down her throat, beat her own children when they tried to protest and threatened Keni with a grisly death if she tried to escape.”

In addition to the beatings and other physical abuse, Keni binti Carda says her employers made her work from 6 a.m. to 3 a.m. each day, physically trapped her in the house and forced her to leave Saudi Arabia before she could seek help from authorities, it says.

In October 2008, Keni alleges Wafa al-Khuraifi took her to the airport and threatened to have Saudi police imprison her if she reported the abuse. As she was wearing an abaya , which completely covered her, fellow travelers and airport officials did not observe her medical condition, the letter says.

1.5 million
Indonesian migrants work in
Saudi Arabia

“When she arrived in Jakarta, Indonesian officials took her directly to Sukanto Police Hospital, which has a special clinic for the numerous migrant women who return to Indonesia with injuries from abuse while working abroad,” the letter says.

Keni is currently receiving treatment for her extensive injuries. She has impaired vision in one eye, and her flesh is fused together in some places where al-Khuraifi allegedly burned her.

Jamaluddin, the coordinator for advocacy at the migrant workers’ association, said he found Keni in the hospital on Dec. 31. He was critical of the Indonesian government’s response to the alleged torture.

“This might just be the tip of the iceberg for Indonesians working in Saudi Arabia,” he said.

Jamaluddin said that there were around 1.5 million Indonesian migrant workers in Saudi Arabia, almost 80 percent of them women working as domestic servants.

The letter urges Saudi and Indonesian authorities to investigate the case, prosecute the abusers in accordance with international standards and provide financial compensation and appropriate support services to the victim.

The letter also elaborates long-standing concerns about migrant women’s access to the justice system and provided recommendations for key reforms.

“We recognize that both the Saudi and Indonesian governments have taken steps in recent years to begin addressing protection of migrant domestic workers, and we encourage further progress in this direction,” the letter says.

“We hope that both governments will use this opportunity, and the unacceptable abuse and mutilation of Keni binti Carda, to demonstrate that abuse of domestic workers will not be tolerated.”

The letter says that while many domestic workers enjoy satisfactory working conditions in Saudi Arabia, many others, like Keni, face a range of abuses. These include nonpayment of salaries, forced confinement by employers, excessive workloads and, in some instances, physical and sexual abuse. In such cases, migrant women face multiple barriers to seeking redress through the justice system.

“One reason is Saudi Arabia’s kafala [sponsorship] system, which ties migrant workers’ employment visas to their employers,” the letter says. “Under this system, an employer assumes responsibility for a hired migrant worker and must grant explicit permission before the worker can transfer employment or return home.”

The “kafala” system gives the employer immense control. Human Rights Watch has documented numerous cases where workers were unable to escape from abusive conditions because their employers denied them permission to leave the country.

#93435 - 12 Jan 09 09:09 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Piss Salon]
fred Offline
Member*

Loc: here and there
Bugger me. If that turns out to be true the sods need a serious beating.
There really are some total bastards in this world.

#93500 - 12 Jan 09 16:30 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: fred]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
They are living proof that "four by two's" fuck camels!

#93516 - 12 Jan 09 18:55 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Dilli]
Bu Kaki Offline
Member++

Loc: Bekasi
Truly unbelievable. In the name of Allah, I hope she lost her job.

Islam is a religion of peace and no Muslim would treat a woman or servant in such manner, especially in Saudi Arabia where Islam is at its purest, where it is too hot for pigs and dogs. Where it is too hot for trees and so no atheistic environmentalism. Where the only thing that stands between man and Allah (pbuh) is sand. Would the whole earth be razed and reduced to sand by Allah (Pbuh) in expression of his magnificent mercy. Until the great day comes, seal our mouths with our own filth, magnificent one. Beat us into submission as we worship you our most perfect and merciful lord!

Edited by PopJocks (12 Jan 09 19:02)

#93518 - 12 Jan 09 20:05 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Bu Kaki]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
The Jocks era commences on JC.

#93526 - 13 Jan 09 12:31 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Roy's Hair]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
it makes me angry readin this, fucken a***s!

#93527 - 13 Jan 09 12:50 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: emmajkt]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Quoting: emmajkt
it makes me angry readin this, fucken a***s!

I think you will find PopJocks was being cynical...

#93528 - 13 Jan 09 12:58 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Dilli]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

I know Mr.Jocks well and I believe this is an attempt at humour.

#93529 - 13 Jan 09 12:59 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: emmajkt]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i always wonder what jollies could be got from such savage treatment of another human being ... seems to be all the rage in saudi and singapore.

#93531 - 13 Jan 09 13:11 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Don't forget Malaysai.

And Saudi is supposed to be of the better places for a maid to head in the gulf.

Indonesia has banned domestic servants from traveling to a number of other gulf states.

#93532 - 13 Jan 09 13:13 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Yes I've often wondered about the Saudis and their 6000 lashes punishments. Why would one human being want to do that to another person? Just doesn't make any sense. donna

#93538 - 13 Jan 09 14:14 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Roy's Hair]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
some people will pay good money for that sort of treatment .. now that really doesn't make any sense

#93540 - 13 Jan 09 14:24 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: chewwyUK]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

down the ol' Spearmint Rhino ay Cheweth? Your usual dungeon for one Sir? donna norks wow

#93541 - 13 Jan 09 14:31 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: chewwyUK]
Bu Kaki Offline
Member++

Disturbing, yes.

This is possibly more disturbing:

http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=185323.html

#93543 - 13 Jan 09 16:00 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Bu Kaki]
Sammy Jankis Offline
Member+++

Loc: Manila, Philippines
Indonesia should ban their citizens from working overseas in Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Malaysia. Yes, I know they're working there because they need the money and opportunities at home are very limited.

Even so, the governments of S. Arabia, Singapore and Malaysia have missed their chances repeatedly to do something about these horrible abuse cases in their countries, instead choosing to make the justice process for dealing with this either paralyzingly convoluted or outright nonexistent.

I doubt it will stop until measures such as an outright ban on Indonesians working in these places is put into effect. Fu**in' evil bastards !!
http://thehateproject.blogspot.com

#93544 - 13 Jan 09 16:27 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Sammy Jankis]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

In any case Sam they get all their savings pinched off them by those bastards at the airport as soon as they touch back down in Jakarta.

#93563 - 14 Jan 09 01:37 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Bu Kaki]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Quoting: PopJocks

Islam is a religion of peace and no Muslim would treat a woman or servant in such manner, especially in Saudi Arabia where Islam is at its purest, where it is too hot for pigs and dogs. Where it is too hot for trees and so no atheistic environmentalism. Where the only thing that stands between man and Allah (pbuh) is sand. Would the whole earth be razed and reduced to sand by Allah (Pbuh) in expression of his magnificent mercy. Until the great day comes, seal our mouths with our own filth, magnificent one. Beat us into submission as we worship you our most perfect and merciful lord!

I'm not an attractive man. In fact, I'm quite repulsive. But PJ, that shouldn't matter to you, because I know you see me for who I am. A gaping void for your incisive posts. Ram me. Make me bleed appreciation and spunk dogma.

All over my dog.

Ma.

vulgarian

#93623 - 14 Jan 09 13:20 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Sammy Jankis]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Sammy Jankis
Indonesia should ban their citizens from working overseas in Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Malaysia. Yes, I know they're working there because they need the money and opportunities at home are very limited.

Even so, the governments of S. Arabia, Singapore and Malaysia have missed their chances repeatedly to do something about these horrible abuse cases in their countries, instead choosing to make the justice process for dealing with this either paralyzingly convoluted or outright nonexistent.

I doubt it will stop until measures such as an outright ban on Indonesians working in these places is put into effect. Fu**in' evil bastards !!

And your house.

And Jordan.

Indonesian Maid Jumps To Death in Jordan

Amman. An Indonesian maid has committed suicide by jumping from the third floor of an Amman hospital after her Jordanian employer demanded she quit her medical treatment, an official said on Tuesday.

“The employer insisted on Monday on taking the 23-year-old woman out of hospital, where she was being treated for head injuries sustained after she fell at his house,” health ministry spokesman Hatem al-Azroai told AFP.

“Doctors told him that she needed to stay at hospital to complete her treatment, but he did not listen and demanded to take the woman, who then jumped from a window.”

The unidentified woman died shortly afterwards “despite efforts by doctors to save her life,” Azroai said.

“An autopsy report will be submitted to police who are currently investigating the incident,” he added.

London-based Amnesty International said in a report in November that tens of thousands of women workers in Jordan face isolation, exploitation and abuse, with little or no protection from the state.

Jordan’s only National Centre for Human Rights has accused the government of failing to protect the rights of domestic workers, urging reform of labour laws.

The kingdom has some 70,000 women migrant domestic workers, 40,000 of whom are registered.

Many of the workers come from South and South East Asia, mostly from Indonesia and Sri Lanka. In 2008, the Philippines banned maids from working in Jordan because of increased reports of abuse.

#93629 - 14 Jan 09 13:25 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Piss Salon]
Bu Kaki Offline
Member++

Potential Onion headline:

"Indonesian Maid Takes Job in Jordon to Pay for her own Funeral"

#93656 - 14 Jan 09 16:01 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Bu Kaki]
fred Offline
Member*

Loc: here and there
Disturbing, yes.

This is possibly more disturbing:

http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=185323.html

The pink fluffy "My little pony" forum has age restrictions
Do I see threads about pony dick size and bestiality coming?

i think I'll register and start a thread entitled, " When I daddy straps me under the pony and videos it".

#93659 - 14 Jan 09 16:41 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: fred]
Bu Kaki Offline
Member++

I haven't signed up yet, but I have a pretty good idea what some people might like to do with a unicorn.

#93660 - 14 Jan 09 16:59 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Bu Kaki]
Bu Kaki Offline
Member++

Jackchat now has an adult account at My Little Pony Arena:

username: pappalazarou
password: delicious

Haven't been admitted to the stable just yet, the account is 'pending', but horns crossed!

#93662 - 14 Jan 09 17:14 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Vulgarian]
Bu Kaki Offline
Member++

Quoting: Vulgarian

I'm not an attractive man. In fact, I'm quite repulsive. But PJ, that shouldn't matter to you, because I know you see me for who I am. A gaping void for your incisive posts. Ram me. Make me bleed appreciation and spunk dogma.

All over my dog.

Ma.

vulgarian

How's about you be my financial slave? No nakedness, I'll only use you as a footrest and beat the crap out of you now and again, but I sense that you'd like that.

#93668 - 14 Jan 09 17:43 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Bu Kaki]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Potential Onion headline:

"Indonesian Maid Takes Job in Jordon to Pay for her own Funeral"

clap

#93679 - 14 Jan 09 18:33 Re: Indonesia maid forced to eat own shit [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

The Saudi Embassy told the migrant worker's association that they will investigate the case. The situation will be monitored.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop