Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 107 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105287 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
bless it up
A term used to tell someone to pray before an event.
bless it up so we can eat.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9126 - 23 May 06 07:41 Leeches on the train
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I catch the train to the office. Its not worth getting the car out of the garage, driving across the city and finding a parking space.

This morning on the train I sat near a man and a woman. Both were slurring their words, and talking too loudly. They had obviously spent a lifetime indulging in drugs and/or alcohol. Both looked haggard and had that druggie 1000 yard stare. They were talking crap, and being offensive. A woman on the train asked them to tone it down and they replied with a torrent of abuse, which really pissed me off. These type of people have never worked in their life. They are parasites, who live on my taxes, clog up the hospitals, take up seats on the trains, and abuse the very people who pay for them. And on top of all that they are arrogant. They actually look down on everyone else. Eventually I lost my cool and became a bit abusive myself, resulting in silence in the carriage.

I then continued reading my paper. The next article was about a running gun battle between Hamas and Fatah in Gaza. Several innocent bystanders had been killed while both bunches of maniacs traded shots from opposite side of the street.

The similarity was blindingly obvious. Arab extremists know nothing other than leeching off the rest of the world, fighting and killing, and contribute NOTHING. And yet they are also arrogant, and look down upon everyone else.

All of my life I have been taught that everyone is equal, when a simple glance out of the classroom window showed that this was plainly wrong.

We are NOT equal. I am better than some drug stupefied idiot on a train, and I am better than some fuckwit Arab gunman.

Equality is handed out at birth, but from then on you have to maintain that equality, and you are judged by what you take from and what you add to society.

Promotion
Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings
#9127 - 23 May 06 08:04 Re: Leeches on the train
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Quote:
Originally posted by Sausage Master Polar Bear:
Eventually I lost my cool and became a bit abusive myself, resulting in silence in the carriage.
No, you didnt get abusive did you PB!?!?! Joke, sorry, well done for saying something though, i hate to see people abused/beaten-up, with an audience that do nothing. Personally had I been there, I would have had something to say as well. Sure you have heard the comment before in the western world..."If you are getting raped, shout FIRE because people will react".

Peter Kay

#9128 - 23 May 06 08:32 Re: Leeches on the train
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Telling the couple to “shut the fuck up or I will smash you face in and throw you off the train” is not handling a situation well.

Sadly I have a placid personality that hides a rage. To my shame I cannot seem to get on top of this, and it has been a problem all of my life. I tend to take things without complaint until I cannot take any more, then all reason is lost.

I envy people who can handle situations in a calm controlled manner. I am told that boxing is a good way of controlled aggression.

#9129 - 23 May 06 08:43 Re: Leeches on the train
Magpie Offline
Member**

Quote:
Telling the couple to “shut the fuck up or I will smash you face in and throw you off the train” is not handling a situation well.

Sadly I have a placid personality that hides a rage. To my shame I cannot seem to get on top of this, and it has been a problem all of my life. I tend to take things without complaint until I cannot take any more, then all reason is lost.

I envy people who can handle situations in a calm controlled manner. I am told that boxing is a good way of controlled aggression.
I am similar. Money, the lack of it, and the way others can seemly make mine dissapear, gets my blood boiling, and usually the phrases that I produce will hurt those I direct them at. I try very hard not to get in those situations nowadays. As I have said to friends, "when you know you are a dick you can actually do something about it". Think this lesson can be applied to many situations. Also sometimes its good to release anger. Ever thought of joining a debating society PB, I reckon you would be bloody good.

Peter Kay

#9130 - 23 May 06 09:00 Re: Leeches on the train
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quote:

Hmmmm....I always think everything is just a test, bad things, good things. When people get hurt so much and get in difficult situations, I think the game is to get control of your angriness, bitterness, revenges, have pitty over themselves. When people having good things, everything seems perfect in life, the play is not being arrogant, cocky, ignorance, feel better and smarter than others.
Eg; Poor people doesn't have right to steal. Rich people doesn't have right to look down to other and become ignorant.
Everthing you get, have and experience is always there for you as test, to choose which way you want to be as a person.

#9131 - 23 May 06 09:06 Re: Leeches on the train
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by laluna:
[QUOTE]
Eg; Poor people doesn't have right to steal. Rich people doesn't have right to look down to other and become ignorant.
Everthing you get, have and experience is always there for you as test, to choose which way you want to be as a person.
Well said Lulu.

I think I always fail the test....... frown

#9132 - 23 May 06 09:09 Re: Leeches on the train
Magpie Offline
Member**

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by laluna:
[QUOTE]
Well said Lulu.

I think I always fail the test....... frown
You, me, and 99% of humanity

Peter Kay

#9133 - 23 May 06 09:18 Re: Leeches on the train
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Which raises a cultural point, and is allied is some ways to the earlier posts about Ela.

Asians tend to ignore rudeness. I can be (and have been) quite rude to Asians and they ignore my rudeness. I have been quite rude to people on JakChat, and yet no one takes me to task. (I am well aware that such rudeness is note, and the opinion of me slips lower with each example of rudeness). I have been rude ot Laluna, and she has never once retorted with rudeness. I admire her much more for that then she will ever know.

In my early days I took such acceptance as sign of weakness. Now I recognise it as a sign of strength. The ability to take a punch and not flinch. I admire such courage.

This, I suspect, is why Ela was being abused. Ela, like WD is sufficiently Westernised (corrupted in WDs case) to fight back against insults. This comes as a shock to the Bules of EF who are used to blank acceptance.

Strength sometimes is not measured in what you do, but in what you do not do.

#9134 - 23 May 06 11:24 Re: Leeches on the train
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Well, it's never been easy. No matter how old, how well educated and how much resouces do you have. I slipped many times too.

As the cultural point of Asian tend to ignore rudeness. Well, I don't think they are ignore it just like that. We are Asian has been taught the courtesy stuff from we are little, to say yes when we actually want to say no, to say good when we think it's actually bad, to respect and follow someone just because they are richer, older, more educated; and even sometimes to get afraid of them. We aren't taught to express our feeling and mind freely. The worst thing is most of our eldest don't give us good reason, basic principle and explanation why we have to be like that, what is good thing to do so. Meanwhile lots of asian, just get sad, depressed, bitter and angry...in SILENCE. Is it a weekness? I should say, yes, if those factors (cultural asian thingy) applied and I also think it's a cowardness. They most probably sleep on it and having bad dreams. They not letting go just like that. They complain, they grunted and they curse you behind your back. Taking a note in their mind. Do you guys think that is good way to past the test?! I don't think so. They probably not turn become a rude person, talk all the rude words, they would still have their "so sweet" politeness and courtesy, and being nice to everyone (that would be just the front though smile ), however they sink to pain bitterness and angriness, would probably stay like that forever in entire their life times, if they don't start to learn how to say what their mind, speak their feelings in a right WAY, MANNER, and APPROACH.
For why I never retorted to any westerner rudeness here. Who say that?! :p Anyway, it's probably I know how western people could be, I know how man could be so crude, I spend 4 years of my life among hundreds men when I still a university girl. In general I know people could be so complicated, they have bad days, they are sad etc; I realise people could say something without fully meaning it; I understand people like to play games and they tend to keep the ones their invented/started as long as could be and interesting; I get this warm feelings (after my forehead wrinkled and my lips curl up sourly wink ) whenever I see people is still are just regular human who make mistakes, fight over ridicolous things, like to have fun and tease other, could still feel sad and concern about something. They all seems fucking horny all the time too here... laugh The best is you could actually see what lots of kind people.

As Ela and WD? Westernised? They have their own style I guess. Everyone has their own. I have it too...PB you should know that I actually practice my hand swing for you next visit, incase I have to slap your face. That is my style laugh

Anyway, it's not the rudeness that matter. I catch glimpse of some people heart and soul over here, and PB....you are not that bad, honey! smile

#9135 - 23 May 06 12:39 Re: Leeches on the train
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

PB: Hello honey, I am home….
LuLu: SLAP!
PB Owwww. You don’t look happy to see me!
PB: Ouch! Have I upset you?
PB: Oooooh! Are you angry?
PB: Owwwww! Did I do something wrong?
etc

#9136 - 23 May 06 12:52 Re: Leeches on the train
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
karma...

#9137 - 23 May 06 13:02 Re: Leeches on the train
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

LOL! Yes, that most probably would happen. laugh

Better than;
PB: Hello honey, I am home....
LuLu: Baaaaaaaaaaa
PB: What is wrong baby? What happen to you?
LuLu: Baaaaaaaa
PB: Oh shut the fuck off, get your smelly ass pussy implant out to the street!
LuLu: Baaaaaaa
PB: Hey, how many times I told you not to pee inside the house! I told you to get out, now!!!!!!!!!
LuLu: Baaaaaa
PB: *Siggghhhh* Hope she get hit by a truck soon, to end her pain.....

#9138 - 23 May 06 13:24 Re: Leeches on the train
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
I think we as human always doing mistake in our life, no matter who you are, or where you come from, we are only human, we are not perfect and it's comon situation making rudeness or insulting or harm etc. I't just depend on the personal itself, does she/he open minded for everything and look every single things or oopinion from the different point or view, or the situation when once said bad to others while this one having "bad mood" etc, but for me giving forgiveness more great, just com'n look this world, enjoy it and learn something from it.

And PB, I know I have made some bad words to you and everyone here on JakChat, then I say ...

APOLOGIZE, I'M SO SORRY......Hope we're still together in here, please correct me....... smile

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#9139 - 23 May 06 13:27 Re: Leeches on the train
fred.floggle Offline
Member+

Loc: here and there
Quote:
Which raises a cultural point, and is allied is some ways to the earlier posts about Ela.

Asians tend to ignore rudeness. I can be (and have been) quite rude to Asians and they ignore my rudeness. I have been quite rude to people on JakChat, and yet no one takes me to task. (I am well aware that such rudeness is note, and the opinion of me slips lower with each example of rudeness). I have been rude ot Laluna, and she has never once retorted with rudeness. I admire her much more for that then she will ever know.

In my early days I took such acceptance as sign of weakness. Now I recognise it as a sign of strength. The ability to take a punch and not flinch. I admire such courage.

This, I suspect, is why Ela was being abused. Ela, like WD is sufficiently Westernised (corrupted in WDs case) to fight back against insults. This comes as a shock to the Bules of EF who are used to blank acceptance.

Quite astute , but miles from the truth - The fact that Ela replies continuously is nothing to do with strength , but out and out stupidity .
Here is an example for you - Ela posts some crap about her lovelife for all to see - OK , up to her , if she wants to be perceived as a brass then this is her choice , but the problem is , she posts a word document , and in the document properties is the name of the company that she works for . Of course she got called on it , but instead of buttoning it , she crashes on , effectively telling everyone that she noshes on her bosses hampton .

No , that isn't being strong , that is being childish and stupid .
Having listened to the way Ela stirs the crap . if she did live overseas , it would be a matter of time before she ended up with a slap from an offended wife - but in Indo , she is a some sort of champion.
I'd love someone to explain to me just how I am missing the point .

#9140 - 23 May 06 13:36 Re: Leeches on the train
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Yes, mommy MT, remember what I did tell you about the "learning"?! It's never stop, isn't it? because the test never stop either. Becoming the strong one, wisest one, smartest one could somehow lead you becoming a bad person too, if you are not carefull, not listen to what people say, not try to understand how poeple feel, accept them as normal complicated human being.

#9141 - 23 May 06 14:05 Re: Leeches on the train
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
Yes Laluna Kitty honey, I remember every single words of it, thank you for open my eyes, and I try, and learn to accept, give, sharing,understand and absorb everything from any kind of view eventhough this "test" not pass me out completely, cos I'm only human, and yes it makes my life "bright" lately, and I can smile again. Thank you smile

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

#9142 - 23 May 06 14:10 Re: Leeches on the train
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by slave to the savlon:
Quote:

Quite astute , but miles from the truth - The fact that Ela replies continuously is nothing to do with strength , but out and out stupidity .
Here is an example for you - Ela posts some crap about her lovelife for all to see - OK , up to her , if she wants to be perceived as a brass then this is her choice , but the problem is , she posts a word document , and in the document properties is the name of the company that she works for . Of course she got called on it , but instead of buttoning it , she crashes on , effectively telling everyone that she noshes on her bosses hampton .

Having listened to the way Ela stirs the crap . if she did live overseas , it would be a matter of time before she ended up with a slap from an offended wife - but in Indo , she is a some sort of champion.
I am an Army Officer. I was in the British Army and I am in the Australian Army Reserve. I am also an amateur military historian. As such I am used to living with stupidity.

stupidity and strength are often interchangeable. Stupidity was fighting at Agincourt, when you outnumbered 20 to one. Stupidity was fighting at Rorkes Drift, when you are outnumbered 40 to one. Stupidity was Dorrian-Smith and his rag tag remnants of the British army turning to face the advancing German Army at Mons. We celebrate such stupidity as victories.

Stupidity is facing up to the odd and fighting on. Stupidity is saying I will not be beaten.

Give me 100 stupid soldiers and I will beat 10,000 sensible ones.

Stupidity is going back into the burning building to save your mates. Stupidity is diving into freezing water to save a stranger.

Stupidity is often what makes us great.

So what if Ela discloses the name of the company she works for. Fuck me, I put my nude photo up as an avatar last month. I am on contract at NRMA. Want my home address?

I have no secrets.

More importantly like Ela I am not afraid. Anyone wants to turn up at my work or home can feel my tongue or my fist. Take your pick, I am as good with both.

The problem is a lot of people live piss poor lives. They get jealous of people who enjoy life, and this turns to some sort of sanctimonious crap.

And so what if she bangs the boss. Are you saying that this is a bad thing? I do my fair share of shagging. Does that make me as bad as Ela?

Take a step away mate, and ask yourself why you feel you need to respond this way.

I think you will find that you are jealous of Ela’s sexual freedom.

#9143 - 23 May 06 15:04 Re: Leeches on the train
fred.floggle Offline
Member+

Say no more - we will never understand each other .
You cannot work out why it is not professional to post the name of your company on the 'net ? and if you need to ask in the first place - well , least said soonest mended .
Ela says she gobbles the boss , had you considered she might be telling pork pies , and that the boss and possibly his wife might not be amused with that ? Ela is in a fantasy world - nothing wrong with that so long as it doesn't effect other people , but with her it does . Ela is the sort of silly little girl who can cause a great deal of trouble .
You say you have no secrets , next you will tell me that you don't pay for sex .
Why should I want your home address ? do you want mine - then I can stand on box -clank clank I'm a tank , bang bang I'm an infantry man - if you come to my house too , I may shout at you or bash you , I am sure the threat bothers you as much is it makes me tremble .
There is a difference between between the "stupidity" you describe and being out and out shit silly .
I'm not in the least bit jealous of any aspect of Ela's existance - you call it sexual freedom , I call it behaving like a Tom - still there you go .

From what I understand , NRMA is the Australian equivelent of the AA , I don't suppose they could give a damn about you posting a picture of your dinkle , just so long as you don't hit anyone over the head with it when you repair their car .

#9144 - 23 May 06 15:14 Re: Leeches on the train
Pooh Bah

Quote:
Quote:

as the person who deliberately invited ela to this forum last october sometime, i was completely aware of (a little of) her history and her propensity to provoke "problems". i was also quite aware of her indiscretions in terms of divulging what should be personal and private information in public forums.

however, my hope was -- and remains -- that she would learn from those experiences in the other message boards. and i feel that she has learnt something about what is and is not acceptable.

sure, she's still a little rough around the edges, but what the hell? it takes all sorts to make the world go around smile ...

as my daddy used to say to me: "why can't you be normal, like everyone else?"

#9145 - 23 May 06 15:17 Re: Leeches on the train
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Say no more - we will never understand each other .
You cannot work out why it is not professional to post the name of your company on the 'net ? and if you need to ask in the first place - well , least said soonest mended .
Ela says she gobbles the boss , had you considered she might be telling pork pies , and that the boss and possibly his wife might not be amused with that ? Ela is in a fantasy world - nothing wrong with that so long as it doesn't effect other people , but with her it does . Ela is the sort of silly little girl who can cause a great deal of trouble .
You say you have no secrets , next you will tell me that you don't pay for sex .
Why should I want your home address ? do you want mine - then I can stand on box -clank clank I'm a tank , bang bang I'm an infantry man - if you come to my house too , I may shout at you or bash you , I am sure the threat bothers you as much is it makes me tremble .
There is a difference between between the "stupidity" you describe and being out and out shit silly .
I'm not in the least bit jealous of any aspect of Ela's existance - you call it sexual freedom , I call it behaving like a Tom - still there you go .

From what I understand , NRMA is the Australian equivelent of the AA , I don't suppose they could give a damn about you posting a picture of your dinkle , just so long as you don't hit anyone over the head with it when you repair their car .
Not professional to post the name of your company on the net? Fuck me I hope Bill Gates knows this……… smile smile smile

Listen mate, your probably a nice enough guy, so I will be gentle with you:

1) Who the fuck cares what Ela does or says she does? You sound like some bored fucking housewife peering from behind the net curtains and calling the council/police/whatever. GET A FUCKING GRIP!

2) Is it anything to do with you if she gobbles the bosses next door neighbours puppy. If that is all you have to worry about in your life then take up a hobby FUCK ME!

3) Ela doesn’t cause trouble for me, or anyone else here. I doubt she causes trouble for you. Except in your mind.

4) Pay for sex. Yep I have. Everyone does. The most expensive sex was my first wife. She took the fucking lot. Cars, House, Furniture, even my dogs. That was an expensive fuck.

5) The comment about my address was to prove that, like Ela, I am not afraid or ashamed of what I do or say. Anyone who doesn’t like it can piss off.

6) for what it is worth I work in IT. I don’t fix cars, I design and build huge Data Warehouses. Its quite profitable. (What do you do for a living? Or is it some big secret?_

#9146 - 23 May 06 15:55 Re: Leeches on the train
fred.floggle Offline
Member+

I might also ask why you feel the need to champion her - quite touchingly chivalrous . As you rightly say , who gives a flying fuck what Ela does or how she is perceived ? She doesn't have any pride , so why should I ? Ela is just pathetically annoying - she will never do me any harm , any yes , I could chose to ignore her , but even if I do , she won't go away - though there is hope that she will shortly be eaten by a shark .
What do I do for a living ? I'm a process engineer , I write industrial control system software - it is also reasonably challenging and profitable . I'm responsible for the initial consultation with the customer , basic design of networks and MCC , process instrument selection , systems flowchart , software design and commissioning - I also take responsibility for mechanical installation . I am semi-resident in Indonesia though work there is generally limited to one or two jobs a year - the clients and the main industry I work in are however reasonably confidential - I certainly couldn't post them openly - I would lose work very quickly - the search engines are very efficient at crawling through these forums - and you would be amazed how many people trawl information this way .

#9147 - 23 May 06 15:55 Re: Leeches on the train
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Ahhhh...stupid and silly!

My friends call me stupid, my mom say i'm very stupid, all my ex would definetly know how stupid I am.

Long time I'd been asking my self, whether me being stupid and silly it would cost lots of thing. How much is the price I should pay for it? But never in my mind there's slightest thought want to change my self. I like who I am. I enjoy being my self. I always refuse to be smart in life, realising that it could be dangerous. When someone think they are smart and act smart; they tend to be arrogant, ignorant and very judgemental to others. Which is there's lots of examples and proves here. wink wink wink
They stop to learn and become a "normal" person?! wink

Lately i think the reward for being stupid is much better than I hope for. I'm very happy on what i get in return for my stupidity and silliness. smile

#9148 - 23 May 06 16:17 Re: Leeches on the train
Patung Offline
Member++

Quote:
.. the search engines are very efficient at crawling through these forums - and you would be amazed how many people trawl information this way .
Not this forum, or not yet anyway, neither google nor yahoo have indexed it properly, although yahoo has got this rather interesting non-forum page: http://www.jakchat.com/ginaDI/

#9149 - 23 May 06 19:51 Re: Leeches on the train
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
JakChat is more crowded these days, we should sit relax, talking and have fun smile

I miss dilli and goofie...

Hey patung, the more I see you the more you look yummy wink

#9150 - 23 May 06 20:16 Re: Leeches on the train
Pooh Bah

dilli is probably packing up his tartans and haggis. but g00f? he's AWOL! we better send a posse out to round him up.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website