Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Who's Online
0 registered (), 107 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
JakChat on Facebook
Keep up with JakChat
through Facebook!
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Weather
Jakarta temperature now.
Sun Rise/Set:
5:27/17:53
Moon Rise/Set:
16:08/3:31
Top Posters
KuKuKaChu 10790
Dilli 8044
Piss Salon 4039
Roy's Hair 3974
juminten 3870
Jokie Jokie Girl 2552
Marmalade 2471
chewwyUK 2392
kenyeung 2374
Vulgarian 2369
Forum Stats
5101 Members
17 Forums
13368 Topics
105287 Posts
Max Online: 841 @04 Apr 08 15:38
ZenQuote
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being but to remind him that he is already degraded.
George Orwell
Urban Dictionary
Word of the Day
bless it up
A term used to tell someone to pray before an event.
bless it up so we can eat.
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7740 - 28 Apr 06 19:18 Mix marriage problems
Sasa34 Offline

Loc: Jakarta
Some women may thinks that being married to a non Indonesian is such a luck. You at least will be little bit more wealthy than others, more understanding husband so they say. I got the perfect one for me. But, i am so struggling to stand between the differences we have. I can not blend with what this relation offers. Because i am not them and i cant be with mine either.

Promotion
Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings
#7741 - 28 Apr 06 19:36 Re: Mix marriage problems
cherry Offline
Member**

Loc: Indonesia
hi wel come Sasa, nice to meet you here.. smile
mix marriage..it's will be probs..if we never try to understand with each other..

#7742 - 28 Apr 06 19:39 Re: Mix marriage problems
Sasa34 Offline

Loc: Jakarta
Hi Cherry... nice meeting u too.

#7743 - 28 Apr 06 20:29 Re: Mix marriage problems
g00f13 Offline
Member*

Loc: earth
Hi Sasa, welkome.

Differences are there with anyone, regardless of race. Marriage is about give and take, a bit of compromise from both parties.

#7744 - 28 Apr 06 23:46 Re: Mix marriage problems
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
The differences are beautiful if you know how to make them beutiful! must be SO boring if everthing we want in the same page! the same line..
fuck! I don't want it!

#7745 - 29 Apr 06 00:41 Re: Mix marriage problems
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
yoi banget..the differences are beautiful..And because of the difference also we as humankind were born to the earth

welcome Sasa, you came to the right place..hopefully you'll enjoy here and fine something new..that you never find before..
it's me jokgirl..the one and only jokie-jokie girl in JakChat... wink

cherrs
jg

#7746 - 29 Apr 06 07:24 Re: Mix marriage problems
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Quote:
Originally posted by Sasa34:
Some women may thinks that being married to a non Indonesian is such a luck. You at least will be little bit more wealthy than others, more understanding husband so they say. I got the perfect one for me. But, i am so struggling to stand between the differences we have. I can not blend with what this relation offers. Because i am not them and i cant be with mine either.
So, in order to be rich or wealthy than others, I need to get a non Indo husband!

Lemme see if any rich dude here..hemm..I think oildude is rich and has lots of holes to drill! oildude...will you marry me? come on honey, I have a pair of smooth legs to offer! you can play with them when you get cranky! laugh

#7747 - 29 Apr 06 07:48 Re: Mix marriage problems
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Too late! I have renounced the concept of marriage andprefer to live a solitary life. Nice offer about the Legs. But, unfortunatley ,I think that it would take a little bit more to change my views.

#7748 - 29 Apr 06 08:04 Re: Mix marriage problems
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
Viva celibate!

#7749 - 29 Apr 06 09:01 Re: Mix marriage problems
g00f13 Offline
Member*

Maybe I should put on my yellow robe to become a monk in the highland of Thailand.

Hmm...the lure of sexy legs like WD's is too much to bear. Fuck with celibate...let's all fuck like rabbits.

#7750 - 29 Apr 06 09:37 Re: Mix marriage problems
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilligaf:
Too late! I have renounced the concept of marriage andprefer to live a solitary life. Nice offer about the Legs. But, unfortunatley ,I think that it would take a little bit more to change my views.
I thought............ otherwise?

#7751 - 29 Apr 06 09:37 Re: Mix marriage problems
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

AHHHHHHH

Gay Marriage doesnt count Dilli.... smile

#7752 - 29 Apr 06 09:40 Re: Mix marriage problems
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Told you - gayve that up!

#7753 - 29 Apr 06 10:45 Re: Mix marriage problems
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

But has HE given you up....... smile

#7754 - 29 Apr 06 12:08 Re: Mix marriage problems
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

My ass is padlocked shut!

#7755 - 29 Apr 06 13:09 Re: Mix marriage problems
g00f13 Offline
Member*

HE's got the key though.

#7756 - 29 Apr 06 13:38 Re: Mix marriage problems
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Threw it away! That area is officially a no entry zone!

#7757 - 01 May 06 14:49 Re: Mix marriage problems
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
Yeah Sasa marriage is always a compromise. I also have " issues" with my husband( he is indo I am australian) but in the end its ok.MOstly the issues have been about him being a mummys boy.
( eeeh I will die now from that)
I just ignore him when he gets irritating, and he just ignores me too!! LOL.And I make sure I respect his parents too.He can send money to his sisters if he likes I dont care.He just needs two jobs for that right!
Our neighbours are also indo wife/nz husband. She has some difficulty with him because he doesnt like to send some money every month to her mother(she is sick), so she devised this arisan plan and uses that one instead.Well its not my business, but she works so I told her she doesnt need to give her husband the money-its hers-no western wife will give husband pay packet in full for gods sake!And then my husband told me dont interfere LOL.Then I demanded his pay packet LOL.

..take only what you need..

#7758 - 02 May 06 08:20 Re: Mix marriage problems
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Quote:
Originally posted by Sasa34:
Fairly true, however I am sure there are people out there that disagree with you. Marriage is hard work, you should never forget this. It will twist you and turn you, change you, make you happy, make you angry. Marriage is the most complicated, serious agreement that humans try to commit to, and about 50% currently fail. Try not to think to much about dealing with "cultural differences". All humans have differences they have to get around when married, no matter if they are from the same background or not. A little patience will go along way, and if you truly love that person, you will be willing to work hard for the rest of your life at that relationship. Can you succeed where many fail....that question will be answered for you in time.

In the mean time, enjoy it!

Peter Kay

#7759 - 02 May 06 08:38 Re: Mix marriage problems
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I was out the other night with a very cute Chinese girl (Yollanda, Nicks Restaurant). She asked me why many Western men like Asian girls.

My theory:

We have an inbuilt dislike of people similar to ourselves. This reduces incest, and forced primitive man to search outside the tribe to reduce inbreeding. For this reason we (seldom) find our mothers or sisters sexually attractive.

However, the modern Western generation has grown up with 24 x 7 television. Our “tribe” is no longer the village, or family, it is the world we know – including the world shown on television. Thus western men find anyone who resembles people they see regularly (in person OR on television) to be sexually unattractive.

Until recently Asians were not prominent in Western media. (Lucy Liu is one of a new breed of Asian stars).

Given this lack of exposure, western men find Asian girls to be sexually attractive.

#7760 - 02 May 06 08:53 Re: Mix marriage problems
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Yeah, I agree with this. I was never exposed to the beauty of the asian race until I moved to NZ. Living in both Auckland and Wellington, there are massive asian communities. When you are strolling around Wellington after work, watching everybody doing the same thing, it's very hard not to compare Asian girls to Western girls. Sunda all the way for me now, there isnt a western woman alive I would swop for my petit little Sunda wife.

Peter Kay

Moderator:  NetCop 
Shout Box

JakChat supports:
Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services
Jawawa.id: Indonesian Business News
Ubuntu Indonesia
Living in Indonesia Information Website