Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67684 - 07 Jan 08 13:50 rent apartement 4 short/long
Yunani Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
Brand-new Pearl Garden studio (Cream Pearl unit, 6B, second floor). Jl. Gatot Subroto (right next to Crown Plaza Hotel and Plaza Semanggi).

For lease, short and long stays.

Rates:

Rp700.000/day, minimum stay 3 days (refundable security deposit Rp 2.100.000)

1 month : US$1500 (MINIMUM LEASE : 1 YEAR CONTRACT PLUS 1 MONTH SECURITY DEPOSIT)

For more details on the property pls visit: http://www.pearlgardenjakarta.com/2007/gallery.asp

Equipment: bed (1), sofa bed (1), AC & water heater, TV, fridge, kitchen set & stove, wardrobe, study table & 1 chair, 2 side tables, dining table & 6 chairs, bathroom with bathtub. Building facilities include swimming pool.

Also available for sale at Rp 1 billion.

http://picasaweb.google.com:80/ccasya07/FORRENTSALE

#67686 - 07 Jan 08 14:06 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: Yunani]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Obviously leasehold title, what is the duration of the lease? service charge? ground rent? and any other Vague Additions to the Total?

Have you actually yet managed to realise your expectation regarding rent etc? I wouldn't reckon that you should see much more than USD $900 a month clean in your skyrocket.

#67695 - 07 Jan 08 19:39 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I am yet to know of any hotel / serviced apartments that ask for 2.1J deposit for a three day stay. Time for you to join the real world me thinks

#67696 - 07 Jan 08 19:42 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

By the way -- for a small studio in Gatot Subroto to expect to get $1500 per month. Yet a fully furnished 1 bedroom apartment (80sq meters) in Senayan is $1200

Nothing annoys me more than people who think all expats are stupid with no sense of what things cost

#67704 - 07 Jan 08 20:59 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: chewwyUK]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Yunani is an Onani if you ask me

#67708 - 07 Jan 08 21:56 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: chewwyUK
By the way -- for a small studio in Gatot Subroto to expect to get $1500 per month. Yet a fully furnished 1 bedroom apartment (80sq meters) in Senayan is $1200

Nothing annoys me more than people who think all expats are stupid with no sense of what things cost

Simple maths Chewwy - in the good old days you could guess at 10% of the freehold (or long leasehold) value as a reasonable return , it's much less than that now , 6% being the absolute maximum. If the place is worth a Billion then why should I pay $1500 a month to rent it long term and not benefit from any capital growth?

I get 950/875 PCM from two flats in the UK worth about 230K each , I might as well sell and put the money in the bank apart from the capital growth which has now peaked.

I'd suggest that the selling price is extremely optimistic and the rental price wants a good hack and slash too.
I suppose I'd pay 750J for it if the development was nice.

It is always worth looking at the rest of the photos posted, you can get an idea of where the seller is coming from.

#67709 - 07 Jan 08 21:57 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: Roy's Hair]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Roy's hair
Yunani is an Onani if you ask me

or a yahudi?

#67710 - 07 Jan 08 22:49 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Oy Vey!

#67713 - 08 Jan 08 00:28 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: Roy's Hair]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Roy's hair
Oy Vey!

Well I must admit RH, I had an idea that KuKu may have been a front-wheeler; it's the hooter you know, always gives the game away.

#67721 - 08 Jan 08 05:51 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Yes I did check out the pictures captain and have a better understanding of the apartment rental market than most. At this point in time there are more apartments available than there ae people wanting to move in. In short this is a renters market.

The landlords fall in to two camps. Realistic and Living in Dreamland. As renters it is important to support the realistic landlords and be blunt with those who have unrealistic expectations.

The sad thing is there are properties here that have been empty for years on end and the landowner still refuses to adjust the price.

#67769 - 08 Jan 08 12:41 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: chewwyUK
Yes I did check out the pictures captain and have a better understanding of the apartment rental market than most. At this point in time there are more apartments available than there ae people wanting to move in. In short this is a renters market.

The landlords fall in to two camps. Realistic and Living in Dreamland. As renters it is important to support the realistic landlords and be blunt with those who have unrealistic expectations.

The sad thing is there are properties here that have been empty for years on end and the landowner still refuses to adjust the price.

It was the rest of the pictures.......
always good for a quick Jodrell

Don't know about the rental market too much, I'm a strictly cash only buyer, so I will have to bow to your superior knowledge on that. I've only rented out in Indo once before and wouldn't bother with it again.

I do know that any property left empty in Asia falls to bits very quickly. Still, let's see if we get a reply.

#68564 - 21 Jan 08 17:20 Re: rent apartement 4 short/long [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
No pearl necklace jokes. Disappointing.

I do like the pool setup though.

Moderator:  NetCop