Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67046 - 26 Dec 07 13:06 new here and need some advice please
heiner Offline

Loc: california
hello,

i am new here, and i am not looking for a girl or guy...lol
but need some insider advice.

the brother of my son in law, was stationed in japan and fell in love with an indonesien woman, which is married to a man from japan.

now she wants a divorce.

what is the divorce law in indonesia, or since they got married in japan, does the japan law applies?

thanks for your help

Edited by heiner (26 Dec 07 13:11)

#67051 - 26 Dec 07 13:27 Re: new here and need some advice please [Re: heiner]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
If they are married in Japan and living in Japan then Japanese law applies. As far as getting married to an Indonesian I don't see there being an issue. But be aware that if they get married in Indonesia then they MUST have the same religion. No problem if they will marry outside of Indonesia.

#67052 - 26 Dec 07 13:36 Re: new here and need some advice please [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
she could do it the indonesian way. do nothing. just get married again without the divorce. i mean, who's to know??

#67053 - 26 Dec 07 14:15 Re: new here and need some advice please [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I would imagine she and new husband are more traditional and would enjoy the financial rewards a divorce brings them. After all nothing like a nice nest egg to start you on the way!

#82904 - 28 Jul 08 11:45 Re: new here and need some advice please [Re: heiner]
Unique woman Offline

Loc: Indonesia
I think its the Japan applies instead of Indonesian Law if the got the marriage certificate at Japan.

The Indo divorce Law also depent on their own religion. Government law applies, religion law also applies.

Moderator:  NetCop