Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66999 - 25 Dec 07 09:25 Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being?
Oldman Offline
Member++

Loc: Jakarta
Today, 2007 years ago, a great figure was born. He was Jesus or Isa (Peace Be Upon Him). Millions of people are celebrating his birthday today. The question is:

Is he a God or just a human being like us?

Let’s discuss this topic objectively regardless our religions.

Thank you.

Edited by Oldman (25 Dec 07 09:26)

#67000 - 25 Dec 07 10:09 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Oldman]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Oldman

he's just a very naughty boy!

#67001 - 25 Dec 07 10:36 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
He was a Super Hero with Laser Eyes

#67002 - 25 Dec 07 11:38 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
On second thoughts, I think he was a mere mortal!

#67003 - 25 Dec 07 11:40 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
It is a stretch in the extreme to believe there is any god. However, disturbingly, idiots with blind faith continue to do so to the detriment of the human race.

Merry Christmas.

#67012 - 25 Dec 07 17:48 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Piss Salon]
Oldman Offline
Member++

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Both Christians and Muslims believe in Jesus, love him, and honor him. However, when the issue is about whether or not Jesus is God, then they are both divided.

To answer this issue, we should refer to both the Bible, the holy book for Christians, and Qur’an, the holy book for Muslims. Both holy books teach that Jesus is not God.

#67013 - 25 Dec 07 18:19 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Oldman]
Pooh Bah

JESUS IS NOT GOD

god spelt backwards is dog. and jesus spelt backwards is susej, which sounds a little like sausage. which means that jesus is a dog sausage, or in common parlance, a hot dog.

JESUS IS A HOT DOG!

#67014 - 25 Dec 07 18:25 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Oldman]
flingwing Offline
Member++

Both holy books teach that Jesus is not God.

Out of a curiosity to learn, because for me it isn't an issue either way, do you have some references - bible verses and/or Koran ayats - or even a internet article URL about that claim? Thanks.

#67015 - 25 Dec 07 18:26 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Ena Offline
Member*

Loc: Sydney
wasn't there a song called Jesus built my hot rod, or stole my hot rod?

..take only what you need..

#67016 - 25 Dec 07 18:37 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Dilli]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Quoting: Dilli
On second thoughts, I think he was a mere mortal!

Wrong question for Dili. He has so many collection he cant wait to post of JC's related pictures.

Btw I think he's the son of God, so I guess in a way, he is God.

#67019 - 25 Dec 07 21:21 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Oldman]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere

i believe he is a human.

#67044 - 26 Dec 07 12:28 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: emmajkt]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
God save us.

About 82% of Americans in 2007 told Gallup interviewers that they identified with a Christian religion. That includes 51% who said they were Protestant, 5% who were "other Christian," 23% Roman Catholic, and 3% who named another Christian faith, including 2% Mormon.

Because 11% said they had no religious identity at all, and another 2% didn't answer, these results suggest that well more than 9 out of 10 Americans who identify with a religion are Christian in one way or the other.

#67045 - 26 Dec 07 13:02 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Piss Salon]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Piss Salon
Because 11% said they had no religious identity at all, and another 2% didn't answer, these results suggest that well more than 9 out of 10 Americans who identify with a religion are Christian in one way or the other.

more distressingly, 87% of americans consider themselves smarter than the average bear!

#67057 - 26 Dec 07 16:04 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: flingwing]
Oldman Offline
Member++

Matthew, Mark, and Luke, authors of the first three Gospels, believed that Jesus was not God (see Mark 10:18 and Matthew 19:17). They believed that he was the son of God. Many others too, are similarly called sons of God (see Matthew 23:1-9).

Paul, believed to be the author of some thirteen or fourteen letters in the Bible, also believed that Jesus is not God. For Paul, God first created Jesus, then used Jesus as the agent by which to create the rest of creation (see Colossians 1:15 and 1 Corinthians 8:6).

While Qur’an says: “O people of the Book (Christians and Jews)! Come to a word that is just between us and you: that we shall worship none but God, and that we shall associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords beside God.” (Quran, 3:64)

#67058 - 26 Dec 07 16:09 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Oldman]
Ena Offline
Member*

^ that reminds me of sami yusuf and "supplication"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozrjBGXVn2E

is he popular in Indonesia?

#67059 - 26 Dec 07 16:16 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: emmajkt]
Oldman Offline
Member++

Quoting: emmajkt

i believe he is a human.

So to you, Christmas is a celebration for Jesus as a human being?

#67060 - 26 Dec 07 16:26 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Oldman]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Matthew, Mark, and Luke, authors of the first three Gospels, believed that Jesus was not God (see Mark 10:18 and Matthew 19:17). They believed that he was the son of God. Many others too, are similarly called sons of God (see Matthew 23:1-9).

Paul, believed to be the author of some thirteen or fourteen letters in the Bible, also believed that Jesus is not God. For Paul, God first created Jesus, then used Jesus as the agent by which to create the rest of creation (see Colossians 1:15 and 1 Corinthians 8:6).

While Qur’an says: “O people of the Book (Christians and Jews)! Come to a word that is just between us and you: that we shall worship none but God, and that we shall associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords beside God.” (Quran, 3:64)

I wondered how long it would take for you to surface again.

#67061 - 26 Dec 07 16:27 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Oldman]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here

i believe he is a human.

I hate it when people bring religion into the celebrations at this time of year.

#67062 - 26 Dec 07 16:32 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
I hate it when people bring religion into the celebrations at this time of year.

indeed capt. it's so unseemly.

#67063 - 26 Dec 07 16:36 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

and i can't help feeling that we are all being led to an inescapable, undeniable conclusion ...

#67064 - 26 Dec 07 16:37 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Ena Offline
Member*

*pours champagne*

what conclusion??

#67065 - 26 Dec 07 19:03 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: Oldman]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere

i believe he is a human.

for me Christmas is celebration when people like to decorate a tree and there is old guy icon called Santa Claus.

Its all very pagan like, when people go to Christmas party to get drunk. Nothing to do with Jesus. No offense just saying..

#67066 - 26 Dec 07 19:39 Re: Is Jesus a God or Just a Human Being? [Re: emmajkt]
MbakAditya Offline
Member+++

Loc: California
[quote=Oldman]

i believe he is a human.

for me Christmas is celebration when people like to decorate a tree and there is old guy icon called Santa Claus.

Its all very pagan like, when people go to Christmas party to get drunk. Nothing to do with Jesus. No offense just saying.. [/quote]

That is what I like, an understanding of the true meaning of Xmas.

"its all very pagan like" - no Emma those people are all very pagan like, not Xmas.

#67067 - 26 Dec 07 21:15 Jesus is not God. [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Oldman Offline
Member++

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring

indeed capt. it's so unseemly.

As we all already know that X-mas is celebrated every year. It’s on Dec 25, the date when Jesus was born. Most people around the world respect him, honor him, and love him. He was a great man. History will never forget this. And nothing’s wrong with this celebration. That’s just fine.

But the question then is do people celebrate this due to the divinity of Jesus or his greatness as a human being? That’s the topic I am trying to put forward.

Thank you.

#67068 - 27 Dec 07 04:31 Re: Jesus is not God. [Re: Oldman]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

People Celebrate Christmas for many reasons - for me Christmas is about friends and family and tradition, nothing to do with religion.

Given the stupidity of man-kind I would say Jesus was nothing more than a David Coresh type with the skills of David Blaine. Nothing amazing there. Many if not all religions are used to control the masses and give support and comfort to those who need it. Wars have been (are being) fought in the name of religion and millions have died for it.

But it really doesnt matter what I think or anybody for that matter Oldman. My experience tells me a conversation about religion is pointless as nobody is ever going to agree

Edited by chewwyUK (27 Dec 07 08:06)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop