Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66688 - 20 Dec 07 09:44 Please help to close this blog!!!
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Loc: auckland, nz
Hi All,
I just got message from my friends in FS. There is about blog thats really-really bad, i think. Cos' its look like someone want to be provokator. I don't know what the points about. But please can someone help me, to delete this blog. I really apreciate that and big thank you smile Please check http://ihateindon.blogspot.com
Cheers.

Edited by dolphin (20 Dec 07 09:49)

#66690 - 20 Dec 07 09:50 Re: Plese help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
looks like a pretty good "blog" to me! sure, very critical. but not completely over the top, as far as i could see. maybe we can entice him to post on JakChat smile

#66692 - 20 Dec 07 09:51 Re: Plese help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Not sure how that can be done.

If you read down, someone already tried and the response they received from Blogger.com is as follows:

Thank you for your message. Please note that Blogger is a provider of content creation tools, not a mediator of that content. We allow our users to create blogs, but we donít make any claims about the content of these pages. We strongly believe in freedom of expression, even if a blog contains unappealing or distasteful content or presents unpopular viewpoints. We realize this may be frustrating and we regret any inconvenience this may cause you. Given these facts, and pursuant with section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act, Blogger does not remove allegedly defamatory, libelous, or slanderous material from Blogger.com or BlogSpot.com. In cases where contact information for the author is listed on the page, we recommend you working directly with this person to have the content in question removed or changed.

In cases where the author is anonymous, please note that in accordance with US state and federal law, it is Bloggerís policy to only provide a userís contact information pursuant to a valid third party subpoena or other appropriate legal process.

Sincerely,
The Blogger TeamĒ

#66693 - 20 Dec 07 09:56 Re: Plese help to close this blog!!! [Re: Dilli]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Well done Blogger. This country knows Ja(c)k about free speech. Keep the net open I say. And why not hate Indo? God knows there are enough reasons.

#66694 - 20 Dec 07 09:59 Re: Plese help to close this blog!!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
looks like a pretty good "blog" to me! sure, very critical. but not completely over the top, as far as i could see. maybe we can entice him to post on JakChat smile

oww ya kuku, for sure that will be the hottest 1 post here, if that happend grin

#66695 - 20 Dec 07 09:59 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: dolphin
Cos' its look like someone want to be provokator.

Typical RI knee jerk reaction . It's always a provocateur or invidious "external forces" . Anything that'll prevent this country holding up a mirror to it's manifold failings.

#66696 - 20 Dec 07 10:00 Re: Plese help to close this blog!!! [Re: Roy's Hair]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Quoting: Roy's hair
Well done Blogger. This country knows Ja(c)k about free speech. Keep the net open I say. And why not hate Indo? God knows there are enough reasons.

do you hate Indo? why still live here?

#66698 - 20 Dec 07 10:08 Re: Plese help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Another great answer.."Go back to your country". Massive inferiority complex rears it's head again. Who said I hated it? I have a jolly nice time. Then again I don't have to live a hand to mouth sewer rat existence because I've been disenfranchised by my country's neo feudal political system.

#66699 - 20 Dec 07 10:09 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: Roy's Hair]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Quoting: Roy's hair
Cos' its look like someone want to be provokator.

Typical RI knee jerk reaction . It's always a provocateur or invidious "external forces" . Anything that'll prevent this country holding up a mirror to it's manifold failings.

remember! no bodies perfect, include big country still have bad thing...

#66701 - 20 Dec 07 10:11 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

ya sorry bad mood this morning. I'm sure you're a lovely man/ woman

#66702 - 20 Dec 07 10:18 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I think what Roy is trying to get across is that talking about what is wrong with Indonesia and the things that are not right about it can only help to bring the change that is needed.

Many Indonesian people i have met seem to have the reaction that you are having Dolphin ... "if you donít like it go home because you are just a visitor"

What you need to try and understand is that the reason we talk about these things is because they arenít fair to the vast majority of the Indonesian population.

I have a fantastic life here and have everything a man could want. But I don't just want to be happy for myself; I want ALL Indonesians to be given the same opportunities as me. That won't happen until things start to change.

I hope you understand that we complain and like to see others complain because we love this country not hate it.

Edited by Dilli (20 Dec 07 10:23)
Edit Reason: Dolphin not Queenie

#66704 - 20 Dec 07 10:26 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: chewwyUK]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

yes, complain its fine but not whinging like that blog. i just worried thats will make missunderstood for many people even war.

#66706 - 20 Dec 07 11:08 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hit the streets. Urban Guerilla war baby

#66708 - 20 Dec 07 11:22 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: Roy's Hair]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

ok, thanks guyz. case is closed smile

Edited by dolphin (20 Dec 07 11:22)

#66709 - 20 Dec 07 11:46 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
flingwing Offline
Member++

. . . complain its fine but not whinging like that blog.

Dolphin, what, in your opinion, is the difference between "complaining" and "whinging"?

#66710 - 20 Dec 07 12:20 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: chewwyUK
I think what Roy is trying to get across is that talking about what is wrong with Indonesia and the things that are not right about it can only help to bring the change that is needed.

Many Indonesian people i have met seem to have the reaction that you are having Dolphin ... "if you donít like it go home because you are just a visitor"

What you need to try and understand is that the reason we talk about these things is because they arenít fair to the vast majority of the Indonesian population.

I have a fantastic life here and have everything a man could want. But I don't just want to be happy for myself; I want ALL Indonesians to be given the same opportunities as me. That won't happen until things start to change.

I hope you understand that we complain and like to see others complain because we love this country not hate it.

Just go home.

#66711 - 20 Dec 07 12:22 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: flingwing]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: flingwing

Dolphin, what, in your opinion, is the difference between "complaining" and "whinging"?

I constructively complain - you on the other hand whinge.

Did you ever manage to get your dress altered?

#66712 - 20 Dec 07 12:30 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: flingwing]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

complain just complain, thats all! whinging its too much words than true thing, only talking about the bad things even still have good things!!! so u see whats the difference now???

#66714 - 20 Dec 07 12:37 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

don't wanna argue with anyone here, i loved peace. especially about the country. i guess all countries in this world still need some fix, and i knew Indonesia is so many things to do, to make it better. but i believe oneday in the future my country its much better than before!

#66715 - 20 Dec 07 12:44 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

complain just complain, thats all! whinging its too much words than true thing, only talking about the bad things even still have good things!!! so u see whats the difference now???

Well I for one love the place - problem is that so many expats can't afford to go home that they have no idea what a shit hole their own country has become and constantly bleat about their new home .

Sure there are issues in Indonesia but I don't see the point in getting ones fanny into a wobble about them.

#66722 - 20 Dec 07 13:32 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: dolphin]
Pooh Bah

but think about this: would this website be anywhere near as interesting if he only ever wrote about the good things about indonesia? no, it'd be dead boring! and how interesting would a posting about riccardo's good points be, as opposed to his frailities? well, besides being a very short post, it would also be shit boring! we talk about the negative because that's what tickles our grey matter.

#66725 - 20 Dec 07 13:59 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

whining is just venting, but I think complaining implies some constructive criticism. Nationality is just one thing that defines a person but here it's pushed to the front as a smokescreen. I wish people here would get a bit angrier and activistic , although that's easy for me to say as someone with a semi decent education. It's the old independence of thought thing.

#66727 - 20 Dec 07 14:04 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
Quoting: chewwyUK

Just go home.

to communist for you captain?

#66728 - 20 Dec 07 14:07 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: Roy's Hair]
Pooh Bah

nationalism in any form is a poison. but i'm certain dolphin was not speaking as a blind nationalist, but rather as someone who doesn't like people running down her country of origin, despite all its many, deep and varied flaws.

i'm not much of a patriot myself; in general, i think of australia as oppressive and anal, and australians as obnoxious and oblivious to their own faults.

nonetheless, if i came across a site with the name "ihateaustralia.blogger.com", i would be a little offended. but not too much. hate is a strong word. i have no problems with informed people being highly critical of australia and australians. but if they are doing it from a position of "hate", then i would find that difficult to accept.

#66734 - 20 Dec 07 14:32 Re: Please help to close this blog!!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

lol kuku wink

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  NetCop