Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66366 - 14 Dec 07 17:50 Computer prices
terenjac Offline
Member+

Loc: Previously Wagin, Western Aust...
How many readers have had this experience ...........

In June I bought from an on-line auction a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. My bid was AU$250 under the normal retail price at the time.

I've just seen an advert from Dell offering the same computer for AU$300 less than I paid. That means a total drop of AU$500 in 6 months.

After some teething problems I'm happy with my laptop but am a little shocked to see such a big drop in value in such a short time.

#66370 - 14 Dec 07 18:39 Re: Computer prices [Re: terenjac]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
I know nothing about any of the shit you are talking about but with handphones in Indo, for example, its all about having the latest model. It's cool right? Six months later, it's not new, it's not the latest, it's not as fashionable, so the price drops. Am I talking complete bollox?

#66402 - 15 Dec 07 14:24 Re: Computer prices [Re: Piss Salon]
terenjac Offline
Member+

Quoting: Piss Salon
I know nothing about any of the shit you are talking about but with handphones in Indo, for example, its all about having the latest model. It's cool right? Six months later, it's not new, it's not the latest, it's not as fashionable, so the price drops. Am I talking complete bollox?

I understand what you are saying .... I have a daughter in Oz who is like that. She and her husband are only on an average income but they always have the latest model phones and computers. Of course they are both IT experts so I suppose that sort of justifies things. Still, I am always envious of their equipment.

Here in Indonesia I am teaching and have found that my Indonesian colleagues are about 3 years behind the times with their phones and at least 5 years behind with their computer equipment. That may have a lot to do with the low salaries Indonesian teacher receive.

#66410 - 15 Dec 07 18:01 Re: Computer prices [Re: terenjac]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Bollox mate. Having the latest Nokia is by no means an indication of wealth. It's all to do with status.

#66412 - 15 Dec 07 18:20 Re: Computer prices [Re: Piss Salon]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Then how do you explain my phone?

#66413 - 15 Dec 07 23:43 Re: Computer prices [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

There is no accounting for taste. Hello Kitty telephones included.

#66455 - 16 Dec 07 17:37 Re: Computer prices [Re: Piss Salon]
terenjac Offline
Member+

Bollox mate. Having the latest Nokia is by no means an indication of wealth. It's all to do with status.

How about having a talk with my wife. She has this strange idea that food, clothing and paying the rent are more important than new electronic toys for me.

We all know she has her priorities wrong, don't we ?

#66456 - 16 Dec 07 17:58 Re: Computer prices [Re: terenjac]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: terenjac

How about having a talk with my wife. She has this strange idea that food, clothing and paying the rent are more important than new electronic toys for me.

We all know she has her priorities wrong, don't we ?

Rent?
What's that then?

#66466 - 17 Dec 07 04:54 Re: Computer prices [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
As you are an "Ex" rent boy I thought you would know!

#66492 - 17 Dec 07 13:49 Re: Computer prices [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

I never charged - it was always free.

#66496 - 17 Dec 07 15:39 Re: Computer prices [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Mainwaring has a shady past cottaging ?

Attachments
P1000655.jpg

#66497 - 17 Dec 07 15:42 Re: Computer prices [Re: Roy's Hair]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Where is one supposed to wash one's hands? most unhygenic that, but then most Europeans are most unhygenic, particularly the eastern ones.

#66499 - 17 Dec 07 16:09 Re: Computer prices [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Loc: Di Puncak
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
I never charged - it was always free.

Free stuff means it's either priceless, or just not worth paying at all.

Which one are you Capt? (suspecting the last one).

#66500 - 17 Dec 07 16:13 Re: Computer prices [Re: Choc_Cow]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
what a bitch ...

#66501 - 17 Dec 07 16:24 Re: Computer prices [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
what a bitch ...

I think you mean "yet another"

Is this free as in terluang, blong, luang, bebas, membebaskan, gratis, pre? or some other meaning?

#66502 - 17 Dec 07 16:25 Re: Computer prices [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Loc: Di Puncak
Ralat dong kuk.. a cow, not a K-9.

#70136 - 25 Feb 08 12:17 Re: Computer prices [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
v8dave Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta Selatan
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
Where is one supposed to wash one's hands? most unhygenic that, but then most Europeans are most unhygenic, particularly the eastern ones.

Just don't shake their hands afterwards or eat the same peanuts in the bar as them!!!!

I am amazed at how many guys don't wash after having a piss. Even having to touch the door handle as you leave the bog is scary!!!

Moderator:  NetCop