Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65288 - 20 Nov 07 18:09 Social volunteerwork region West-Sumatera
Larissalampens Offline

Loc: belgium
I have been looking for volunteerwork, concerning education, children or any kind of social help in the region of Bukittinggi Sumatera. It seems to be very difficult searching for such a specific job because on the internet I haven't found anything like this.
Perhaps in this way someone could inform me about some volunteerwork for my mother (English teacher) and me (18 year old student) during the months july, august or/and september.

Thanks in advance,

Larissa

Edited by Larissalampens (20 Nov 07 18:10)

#65458 - 24 Nov 07 08:40 Re: Social volunteerwork region West-Sumatera [Re: Larissalampens]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
you're not getting many responses here, larissa! frankly, i think it will be difficult to find what you are looking for!

#65483 - 25 Nov 07 21:55 Re: Social volunteerwork region West-Sumatera [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Larissalampens Offline

You're probably right but I'll hang on a bit.

#65781 - 02 Dec 07 09:14 Re: Social volunteerwork region West-Sumatera [Re: Larissalampens]
sherlock Offline
Member+

Loc: Sumatra
Hi Larissa,

If your going anyway it is best just to turn up and ask around, guarantee you will find something pretty quickly. It seems from your previous posts that you have a contact/boyfriend there, maybe ask him to do some leg work.

On that note, if your going back just for him I hope he is not one of those guys that hang around Bedudal and Apache on Jl Ahmed Yani. Those guys have like to brag about squeezing every cent out of bule women - so please just be careful.

#66931 - 23 Dec 07 19:43 Re: Social volunteerwork region West-Sumatera [Re: Larissalampens]
Fikar Offline

Loc: Bukittinggi, West Sumatra - In...
Hi....
I've read your stuff.
Anyway.. are u now planning to stay for couple moonth in west sumatra (bukittingi)

Are u english native speakers??

or...?

If anything i can assist u, please write direct to my email : uda_karl@hotmail.com and my web : http://picasaweb.google.com/litenezy

My regards

Fikar

#66973 - 24 Dec 07 16:14 Re: Social volunteerwork region West-Sumatera [Re: Fikar]
sherlock Offline
Member+

Hehe, this guy is from Bedudal... your new best freind Larissa.

Have fun

#67482 - 03 Jan 08 18:56 Re: Social volunteerwork region West-Sumatera [Re: Fikar]
Fikar Offline

Loc: Bukittinggi, West Sumatra - In...
Hi Marissa and Sherlock.....
How is it going about finding your volunteer job in Indonesia??? Any progress so far??

Hi..Sherlock....
It's really nic to have met you here on this page. But frankly speaking, I am slightly wondering about the guy that mentioned earlier who is wandering around bedudal cafe and apache cafe apache cafe??
I would really like to know who this guy is?? (name, hight, or any identification of him??

#67831 - 10 Jan 08 02:02 Re: Social volunteerwork region West-Sumatera [Re: Fikar]
Larissalampens Offline

Thanks your all your advices.

My mum prefers not to do any volunteer work and spent our summer in South America travelling. I'm very disappointed probably not being able to visit my Indonesian friend (even though i cannot complain being lucky to travel).
By the way, I'm exetremely shore he's not the kind of guy you mean, more like the opposit.
But I can't give up so if someone could still give me any information or links to volunteer work in this region, thanks a lot!

Greetings,

Larissa

#68192 - 15 Jan 08 23:12 Re: Social volunteerwork region West-Sumatera [Re: Larissalampens]
sherlock Offline
Member+

no worries Larissa, good luck.

If you go there, you will find something - guaranteed, especially if your volunteering.

Moderator:  NetCop