Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63897 - 26 Oct 07 20:10 spigot
i_beth Offline
Member++

Loc: NRW
Can someone explain me why in UK (mostly), people use those two spigots? Dont you guys find difficulties when you like to have warm water? shitfan

Attachments
hc.jpg

#63900 - 26 Oct 07 20:33 Re: spigot [Re: i_beth]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
fucking troublemaker.

#63901 - 26 Oct 07 21:05 Re: spigot [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
I was thinking that the idea was they put the plug in to keep the water from draining and mix the water right there at the basin?

#63903 - 27 Oct 07 05:57 Re: spigot [Re: Shesca]
Pooh Bah

nah. that's way too simple.

#63904 - 27 Oct 07 06:40 Re: spigot [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Whats a spigot! Is it a raciast that hates spanish people?

#63909 - 27 Oct 07 07:43 Re: spigot [Re: i_beth]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: i_beth
Can someone explain me why in UK (mostly), people use those two spigots? Dont you guys find difficulties when you like to have warm water? shitfan

Actually it is because we invented hot water - you will note that all pipe thread sizes in the US follow even to this day UK standards (BSP) . You will also note that the hot tap is always on the left , and that the wash hand basin is mounted at cock height. A rubber plug is provided to prevent the water running away , and to allow the user the convenience of a copious quantity of water, without excessive waste.

Possibly somewhat confusing for an Indonesian , but to obtain warm water, simply add some cold water to the basin then add hot water to the basin until the desired temperature is obtained . Always add hot water to cold to prevent thermal shock damaging the glaze .

To allow the water to drain away simply remove the plug from the hole in the bottom.

#63910 - 27 Oct 07 08:05 Re: spigot [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
To allow the water to drain away simply remove the plug from the hole in the bottom.

jeez capt, you make it sound so easy.

#63916 - 27 Oct 07 08:46 Re: spigot [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Well clearly the rest of it was fucking confusing.

I mean, how many times have you had a local look at you like you just dropped out of a tree because for suggest something strange like replacing the sump plug before filling the car back up with oil....

Edited by Capt. Mainwaring (27 Oct 07 08:55)
Edit Reason: sump plug

#63953 - 27 Oct 07 15:33 Re: spigot [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
i_beth Offline
Member++

Loc: NRW

Actually it is because we invented hot water - you will note that all pipe thread sizes in the US follow even to this day UK standards (BSP) . You will also note that the hot tap is always on the left , and that the wash hand basin is mounted at cock height. A rubber plug is provided to prevent the water running away , and to allow the user the convenience of a copious quantity of water, without excessive waste.

Possibly somewhat confusing for an Indonesian , but to obtain warm water, simply add some cold water to the basin then add hot water to the basin until the desired temperature is obtained . Always add hot water to cold to prevent thermal shock damaging the glaze .

For me, still easier to use one single tap in the middle of basin which you can turn to the left if you want hot water, turn to the right if you want cold and stand still in the middle if you want warm. So when your basin is dirty you dont need to worry to have warm water in your hand!

Never see those double tap in Indo anyway...only in UK! shitfan

#63955 - 27 Oct 07 15:40 Re: spigot [Re: i_beth]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

i_beth

What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?

Click to reveal..

I'd like to see you wash your hands in a buffalo

Edited by Dilli (27 Oct 07 15:51)
Edit Reason: Saving Space

#63959 - 27 Oct 07 18:40 Re: spigot [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Quoting: Dilli
Whats a spigot! Is it a raciast that hates spanish people?

Or a racist Mexican?

#64071 - 30 Oct 07 06:08 Re: spigot [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

i_beth

What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?

Click to reveal..

I'd like to see you wash your hands in a buffalo

Edited by Dilli (27/10/07 03:51 PM)
Edit Reason: Saving Space

I bet my <cr> 's use much less server space than your [spoiler]

Edited by Capt. Mainwaring (30 Oct 07 06:11)

Moderator:  NetCop