Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63652 - 21 Oct 07 22:14 Airport Surcharge - What Gives?
flingwing Offline
Member++

Loc: Jakarta
I donít use Sukarno-Hatta Airport all that regularly, but Iíve used it since it opened and, in the past two months, Iíve used it for three round trips.

Last night, for the first time ever (that I remember), I arrived home after a trip from the airport, paid the argo(meter), plus the Rp. 10.500 toll fees, and was going to give the driver a reasonable tip. It was an Express cab.

Thatís when he told me I had to pay a Rp. 10,500 surcharge from the Angkasapura II (airport management) company. I thought it was a joke, but then he showed me the information on the back of the printed card given by the taxi coordinator. This is complaint card with the taxisí number on it that they stick into your hand when as youíre getting in your cab at the airport.

I paid the amount but without being happy about it. Today, when I asked my wife about this, she said she, too, has been asked for this amount at times when hailing a cab home at the airport after seeing relatives and friends off.

My question: have others also been hit up for this ď3-zone variable surchargeĒ? Has everyone been paying it and have I just luckily avoided making a donation to (1) the airport management group, or (2) an illicit tip to my taxi drivers?

What gives with this surcharge?

#63654 - 21 Oct 07 23:38 Re: Airport Surcharge - What Gives? [Re: flingwing]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Wouldn't the easiest thing be to telephone Angkasapura and ask them ? I would suspect that the call may cost more than 10,500 Rp , but this is clearly a point of principle , and anyone who pisses about saving fiskal travelling through Batam deserves all the sympathy they can get.

#63659 - 22 Oct 07 06:58 Re: Airport Surcharge - What Gives? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
the zone charge has been in place for at least 3 years. it's reasonable. just pay it. much better than the previous free-for-all system, which was complete chaos.

#63662 - 22 Oct 07 08:24 Re: Airport Surcharge - What Gives? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
the zone charge has been in place for at least 3 years. it's reasonable. just pay it. much better than the previous free-for-all system, which was complete chaos.

But it's a whole dollar - are you sure it's not worthwhile petitioning SBY and holding a demo?

#63676 - 22 Oct 07 16:08 Re: Airport Surcharge - What Gives? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
flingwing Offline
Member++

Who said anything about going through Batam to save fiscal, Dicklips? The route was Batam - Jakarta. And if you had a brain in your head you'd realize that the reason anyone would do a SIN-BTH-JKT marathon run is because all the SIN-JKT airline tickets have been sold out- clean - until sometime later this week!

This run on tickets in that direction is because of the recent holiday of Lebaran. In Indonesia we call it "arus balik". The forum can explain that to you, too, if needed.

As for the Rp. 10,500 Angkasapura fee, it's almost principle. In this case it's a matter of knowing the legitimate charges so you can always give decent tips.

#63684 - 22 Oct 07 17:05 Re: Airport Surcharge - What Gives? [Re: flingwing]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: flingwing
Who said anything about going through Batam to save fiscal, Dicklips? The route was Batam - Jakarta. And if you had a brain in your head you'd realize that the reason anyone would do a SIN-BTH-JKT marathon run is because all the SIN-JKT airline tickets have been sold out- clean - until sometime later this week!

This run on tickets in that direction is because of the recent holiday of Lebaran. In Indonesia we call it "arus balik". The forum can explain that to you, too, if needed.

As for the Rp. 10,500 Angkasapura fee, it's almost principle. In this case it's a matter of knowing the legitimate charges so you can always give decent tips.

I'm in Indonesia too you dopy cunt- thankfully fucking miles away from you .And if they go home ,come back , and go home again they call it "arus bolak-balik"

Kamu gelem dibetulin aku ? you are really sure ? last time I checked you couldn't spell "cewek".

Actually you will find that there is a section in the front of the 'plane reserved for less impecunious bules - first and business class , you know , the bit with the big seats and the champagne - try it for size , but mind you don't drop into the seat pocket - you will be lost forever.

Now , unless I am mistaken , the dates of the holiday here were determined a while back , what you can do is book the ticket in advance , rather than standing like a pikey on some dock , that way the big parafin budgie has a space available for you - alternatively try the big seats up the pointed end.

You may also consider routing through solo/sub/jog if you can't fly direct to JKT , however in your case all you have to do is open that great big trap of yours and flap you ears - 20 minutes later you will be asking for short finals into Soekarno Hatta.

Now , as I said , you can telephone Angkasapura (+62-21-6541961) and they will explain what it is all about .

#63691 - 22 Oct 07 19:10 Re: Airport Surcharge - What Gives? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
flingwing Offline
Member++

>they call it "arus bolak-balik"
Not on TV they don't, you priss.

>last time I checked you couldn't spell "cewek".
. . . and you couldn't spell or write English. Glad to see you learned about spelling checkers, dipshit.

>Actually you will find that there is a section in the front of the 'plane reserved for less impecunious bules -
You trying to show off, Corporeal? It'll take some intelligence to go with that money to impress people here grin.

>You may also consider routing through solo/sub/jog if you can't fly direct to JKT ,
So I chose SIN-BTH-CKG. Fuck you.

>Now , as I said , you can telephone Angkasapura . . .
If I wanted to find out about the surcharge from the same gov't agency that imposed it, I would've called those bunch of wanna-be criminals. Instead, I asked here first.

You don't like that Mainbearing?

#63695 - 22 Oct 07 20:59 Re: Airport Surcharge - What Gives? [Re: flingwing]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Game on (Again)?

#63696 - 22 Oct 07 21:36 Re: Airport Surcharge - What Gives? [Re: Dilli]
Shesca Offline
Member*

I guess.....

#63729 - 23 Oct 07 12:16 Re: Airport Surcharge - What Gives? [Re: Shesca]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Alternating current - arus-bolak-balik

a)Arus yang berubah arahnya secara berkala (periodik), naik dari nol menjadi maximum, kembali ke nol dan berubah serupah ke arah yang berlawanan. Perubahan-perubahan ini merupakan satu siklus dan diulangi dengan kecepatan besar. Sifat arus-bolak-balik lebih rumit daripada sifat arus-searah dan lebih sukar diramalkan. Ini disebabkan oleh efek maknit, yang lebih menonjol. Arus bolak-balik digolongkan dalam : siji fase, loro fase, telu fase, polifase.

b)Arus periodik dengan nilai-nilai positif dan negatif

You priss.

I would expect that if Amrozi wished to appeal for clemancy he would be advised to do it to the authority that issued the sentence in the first place, rather than Mba Sri's Bakso House in Pare near Kediri. It would therefore seem sensible that if you wish to question the charge imposed, you contact the issuing authority directly - assuming of course you are able to do so.
In any case "the zone charge has been in place for at least 3 years. it's reasonable. just pay it. much better than the previous free-for-all system, which was complete chaos. "

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop