Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6342 - 10 Apr 06 17:02 Take it back
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
Have you ever spoken and wished that you could immediately take the words back...or that you could crawl into a hole?

Here some stories :
My sister and I were at the mall and passed by a store that sold a variety of candy and nuts . As we were looking at the display case, the boy behind the counter asked if we needed any help. I replied, "No, I'm just looking at your nuts." My sister started to laugh hysterically, the boy grinned, and I turned beet-red and walked away. To this day, my sister has never let me forget.

This had most of the state of Michigan laughing for 2 days and a very embarrassed female news anchor who will, in the future, likely think before she speaks. What happens when you predict snow but don't get any....a true story.. There was a female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked: "So Bob, where's that 8 inches you promised me last night?" Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too they were laughing so hard!

#6343 - 10 Apr 06 17:04 Re: Take it back
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Only one I can think of is "Will you marry me", should never have said it once let alone twice!

#6344 - 11 Apr 06 08:07 Re: Take it back
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
"It's not a lollipop". That statement got me in a whole load of trouble as a rather idiotic 17 year-old. Lets put it this way, I didnt get everything I wanted that night, and my name was mud in a particular feminine cirlce for about 6 months. Thank god I try to allow my brain to spin before I talk now!

Peter Kay

Moderator:  NetCop