Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63006 - 04 Oct 07 21:40 need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia
sherlock Offline
Member+

Loc: Sumatra
I am a newby here so be kind.

Ok here is the deal. Last weekend I went to Singapore to get my work visa and was suppose to start the fingerprinting process yesterday to get my kitas. I have since found out I need to get back home ASAP(family issues) and will be leaving on Saturday. I don't have a contract so am not breaking anything and my work knows I will be leaving.

Will I have trouble leaving the country? I don't have a kitas so I have heard that I will not need a EPO (exit permit) but I am still worried about problems at the airport after only arriving on tuesday and leaving without taking up the kitas.

Any help please would be great. I am also worried that I may be blacklisted or something as I would like to work in Indonesia and start the process again in a few months.

Thanks to anyone who can help,

sherlock

#63010 - 04 Oct 07 22:00 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: sherlock]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
It is fast approaching Idul Fitri (Indonesia's Christmas) and the wolves, or more appropriately dogs, such as cops and immigration officials, are in desperate need of cash. You my friend, unfortunately, are the perfect victim, particularly as you probably don't speak the lingo. Go to airport early and expect to pay for the privilege of spending a bit of quality time alone with one of Indonesia's friendly immigration officials.

If you go to the airport expecting the above, then anything that doesn't fuck up your morning can be taken as a bonus.

Regarding being blacklisted, it won't happen. Take it from someone who has been deported and then arrived back in the country on the same day.

#63011 - 04 Oct 07 22:07 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: sherlock]
sherlock Offline
Member+

Cheers and thanks for replying so quickly. I assumed that I would have to pay some money and I can infact speak Indonesian okay so I negioatate that. What amount do you think they may settle for if I may ask??? just need to know how much rupiah I should bring along.

Thanks again, Sherlock

#63012 - 04 Oct 07 22:15 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: sherlock]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Well, expect the worst. You need Rp100k for airport tax and Rp1 mill for the fiskal tax. They even try to say that you need to have an EPO, so you may have to negotiate your way around that.

This is worst-case scenario.

#63020 - 05 Oct 07 05:24 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: Piss Salon]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
No KITAS, no need to pay fiskal. What kind of visa are you on at present? Call Kuku for advice if he doesn't post here first.

Sorry about the quality of advice from Piss Salon, but he has other things on his mind, as he has to use his hand for the next week or two.

#63021 - 05 Oct 07 06:00 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: kenyeung]
sherlock Offline
Member+

I am on a 312 visa, have been stamped into indonesia with a green stamp that says I have 7 days to get to the immigration office. I do not want to go through with the kitas, just want to get out of the country.

The situation as I can ascertain. I will not have to pay fiskal because I do not have kitas, however may have to pay immigration as they will say something is wrong etc, even though I have cleared this with the Dep Immigrasi office in Jakarta.

Thanks again all, let me know if there is anything else I may need to know/do.

#63022 - 05 Oct 07 06:41 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: sherlock]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
if you leave the country within the 7 day arrival period, you will not have to pay anything. you can just leave, without an EPO or anything. no fiskal. (immigration officials at the airports may try to tell you different. ignore them, and keep walking.)

if more than 7 days, then it becomes a little more tricky. if the ITAS has not yet been processed, then technically speaking, you just have to pay the overstay fine (USD20 per day). no fiskal.

if the ITAS has already been processed, then you will need to obtain an EPO or MEREP to exit the country. no fiskal for EPO.

#63023 - 05 Oct 07 06:55 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: KuKuKaChu]
sherlock Offline
Member+

Hi Kuku and others,

Thankyou for the advice, this was also the same advice I have got from my consulate and the dep of Imigration. I will update as to how it all went when I am back home.

sherlock

#63037 - 05 Oct 07 12:02 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: sherlock]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Perhaps, but my point was never to underestimate the greed of the average Indonesian Immigration official, particularly at this time of year, and to factor that in to when you arrive at the airport ... the closer you are to your departure time, the more pressure they can apply.

#63038 - 05 Oct 07 12:04 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
many have gone broke underestimating the greed of the average indonesian immigration official ...

#63102 - 06 Oct 07 17:20 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: KuKuKaChu]
sherlock Offline
Member+

Hi all,

I left Indonesia today with no troubles at all. I just walked up to the immigration official who looked at me weird and said "you want to leave, this is a one year visa, these are hard to get". After explaining myself he promptly stamped the passport without troubles.

Another quick question, Does this mean my work visa is now canceled? If I want to get another job in the future with another company will it come up that I left without going through with the Kitas??

Thanks

#63104 - 06 Oct 07 17:32 Re: need advice quickly, need to leave Indonesia [Re: sherlock]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
I would say yes - failing to report within 7 days creates all sorts of grief -

Actually it wasn't a year visa (uncle KuKu knows all about this) but I believe you had a VBS which then gets converted to a year visa.

I wouldn't have thought immigration would care - you weren't required to leave ( pemegang perintah keluarkan dari Wilayah Indonesia dalam 7 hari) or something like that, and someone will make money out of this.

KuKu will know , they have been trying to sling the bugger out for years

Moderator:  NetCop