Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62779 - 02 Oct 07 14:18 GOI/Govt. to Review PSCs, Threatens to Terminate Some
biznews Moderator Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakarta
Govt. to Review PSCs, Threatens to Terminate Some

The government will extend the term of some of the 15 production sharing contracts facing expiry after 10 years if they do not submit a development plan by the end of 2007, Oil and Gas Director General at the Energy and Mines Ministry, Luluk Sumiarso, said Wednesday (26/9/07).

"Some of the 15 blocks will be extended, while some will be terminated. It will be decided on a case-by-case basis," Platts Commodity News quoted as saying.

Indonesia gives oil and gas companies a 10-year period to explore areas. But if they fail to submit a development plan by the end of that period, the contract can be terminated.

Among the 15 companies in danger of having their contracts terminated are France's Total E&P in offshore East Kalimantan's Saliki block, ConocoPhillips’ i Warim blockn Papua, Korea National Oil Corp. in offshore South Kalimantan's Wokam block, Australia's Santos in offshore East Java's Madura block, Malaysia's Petronas in Sumatra's Tanjung Jabung block and Pearl Oil in offshore southern Kalimantan's Sebuku block.

"We will extend the exploration contracts for contractors who could not continue their activities because of problems over forest areas or lack of rigs. But we will terminate the contracts of companies that have done nothing. We could offer the sites to other parties," Luluk said.

#62783 - 02 Oct 07 14:23 Re: GOI/Govt. to Review PSCs, Threatens to Terminate Some [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Watch this space for more... means they can sell them again!

#62784 - 02 Oct 07 14:27 Re: GOI/Govt. to Review PSCs, Threatens to Terminate Some [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

"We could offer the sites to other parties," Luluk said.

possibly a family member or the biggest brown envelope i would imagine

#62786 - 02 Oct 07 14:28 Re: GOI/Govt. to Review PSCs, Threatens to Terminate Some [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Chewwy, it would more likely be smaller independant Oil companies wanting to get a foothold in SE Asia

#62787 - 02 Oct 07 14:30 Re: GOI/Govt. to Review PSCs, Threatens to Terminate Some [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

I you suggesting a fair and open bidding process?

#62803 - 02 Oct 07 20:50 Re: GOI/Govt. to Review PSCs, Threatens to Terminate Some [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

"I you suggesting a fair and open bidding process? "

May I suggest you contact Piss for English lessons and, yes I am!

#62820 - 03 Oct 07 06:25 Re: GOI/Govt. to Review PSCs, Threatens to Terminate Some [Re: Dilli]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Dilli
"I you suggesting a fair and open bidding process? "

[ ... ] yes I am!

you fucking communist!!

#62828 - 03 Oct 07 07:32 Re: GOI/Govt. to Review PSCs, Threatens to Terminate Some [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

You made no mention of his appalling English you fascist!

#62848 - 03 Oct 07 11:05 Re: GOI/Govt. to Review PSCs, Threatens to Terminate Some [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

My English may be appalling but oil and gas and fair and open?? I just don't see it

Moderator:  biznews, NetCop