Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62336 - 27 Sep 07 17:57 Septic Rectification Engineer
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I'm totally NOT even joking. I know at least a couple of Jakchatters that may be keen for challenging career opportunity such as this.

--------------------------------------------------

OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES

The UN agency International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for a Septic Rectification Engineer according to the terms of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their application to hrbandaaceh@iom.int not later than 01 October 2007 indicating the reference code below. All candidates are kindly requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.

Reference Code : SVN/ID1/2007/090
Position Title : Septic Rectification Engineer
Duty Station : Banda Aceh, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam
Type of Appointment : Special, 3 months, with possibility of extension
Estimate Starting Date : As soon as Possible

General Functions:

Under the overall supervision of the American Red Cross Water Supply Project Manager and Project Officer, and direct supervision of Project Engineer of Septic Tank Rectification project, he/she will be responsible for the following functions:

Together with National Project Officer, assist Project Engineer (International) in developing project strategies in the responsible regions, setting of over-all project direction, prioritization of activities in respect of objectives and agreed timeframe, and setting of benchmarks by which the success or failure of project activities will be measured.
Responsible in supervising the construction work according to design, BoQ (Bill of Quantity), specification and work schedule.
Together with Quality Control Team, undertake periodic monitoring of ongoing activities, review project performance and recommend appropriate interventions and strategies to improve project implementation.
Attend day to day activities on site, following program/schedule issued by Project Engineer.
Prepare and submit weekly progress reports to Project Engineer.
Prepare document for bidding and tendering process.
Report any difficulties/problems in construction process and activities to Project Engineer and Project Officer
Together with Community Facilitator conduct survey to ensure target of the project
Assist Design Unit in the preparation of engineering drawing, BoQ-s and specification as required
Assist Procurement Division in the preparation of documents for bidding process
Prepare the materials and conduct in houses training for contractors
Undertake periodic monitoring of ongoing activities, review project performance and recommend appropriate interventions and strategies to improve project implementation.
Ensure the quality of the construction and material used in construction
Assist in the final and close-out inspection (testing and decommissioning) of construction work in coordination with Project Engineer and Project Officer
Represent the project in a professional and courteous manner while in the field
Participate in in-house coordination meetings among the different sections or programs in the sub-office
Prepare and assist engineering drawing for plan, BoQ-s and specification as required.
Share experiences and innovative ideas and approaches with other area coordinators and project staff.
Perform other duties as require.

Desirable Qualification:

University degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering and/or any other closed related field. Minimum three years experience in water supply and sanitation construction.

Ability to plan and organize own work, ability to establish priorities and undertake assigned tasks with minimum supervision. Good drafting and communication skill, both oral and written to produce reports, proficient in computer application.

Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural, multiethnic environment and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.

Thorough knowledge of English.

#62341 - 27 Sep 07 18:20 Re: Septic Rectification Engineer [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Do you think you could red line the bit where the funnies are supposed to be .

By the way, could you do it? No , didn't think so , all you can do is gas .

Maybe I'll have a go, when the first one is ready I'll be sure to let you know so you can try it for size.

On a more serious note I would have thought that it may be quite an interesting posting, certainly much more interesting than Tipex'ing over newspaper spelling mistakes.

Edited by Capt. Mainwaring (27 Sep 07 18:30)
Edit Reason: Tipex

#62349 - 27 Sep 07 20:39 Re: Septic Rectification Engineer [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Looks like Handbags at Dawn again!

I prefered the Job Title without the Job Description,

What a business card to wave about!

Moderator:  NetCop