Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61721 - 21 Sep 07 22:42 FPI doing Ramadan ho hum
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
According to Piss Salon, the FPI thugs raided the FEZ pub in Kemang at 10:30 pm Friday night.

Fez is the pub at the Kinara Indian food restaurant. Probably one of the nicest joints in town for Indian cuisine.

The management team from Aphrodite has been in charge of Fez for a few months and have made it one of the most popular places in the city.

If my memory serves, the owners are Indian, both expat Indians and Indonesian-born. Seems very odd that they'd get targeted. FPI likes to hit either Chinese or White Expat places. Then again, Fez/Kinara is quite popular with both of those groups and the ignorant terrorist thugs probably don't have a clue -- as usual.

Anyway, back to my beer and bacon.

#61728 - 22 Sep 07 07:18 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: riccardo]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Talked to somebody the other day. She said FPI was part the security team during Benny Hinn's Preaching session a couple of months back (or was it last year?). Interesting.

#61730 - 22 Sep 07 07:24 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: Shesca]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Piss Sent me the text message last night at 10:42 pm to let me know about the FPI mischief!

Stupid bastard, he knows I am always fast asleep by that time!

#61731 - 22 Sep 07 07:28 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

On a Bar related subject, wonder if "Brit Boy" really knows what he would be letting himself in for?

From the shout box...

[Brit Boy] anybody want to open up a bar???
[Magpie] which country??
[Brit Boy] jakarta
[Brit Boy] 5x200 million
[Brit Boy] pm me if interested

Jakarta is a country?

Also, I doubt if anyone would be willing to sink US$20K (approx) into such a venture. May as well just throw the money away unless of course the bar has me as one of its regulars.

#61733 - 22 Sep 07 07:36 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Which reminds me off a post from last year!

Miss Indonesia on Geography

What do you want the rest of the world to know about your country?

Indonesia is a beautiful city.. so, you should go there to visit by yourself, because we have a lot of beautiful bitch..es (beaches ?) and the spectacular mountain and… dramatic of history and… so the people. Because people of Indonesia is really… is really welcome eh.. and really friendly because they like to know more about other country, other belief, other ideas….so, come to Indonesia and feel it and we open…we open our arms to come to Indonesia.
:::::

#61740 - 22 Sep 07 08:57 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Not sure I would class FEZ as "one of the most popular places in the city" But a shame to see the boys get done. Rumor has it that they paid all the right people pre silly season but they still turned up! They shut up shop and called the police who no doubt turned up an hour or so later demanding money!

What is crazy here is that FEZ really didn't have that many people in it when compared to Eastern Promise. EP was rammed to the gills last night. Amusing to see a steady stream of drunk bule swaying past the sign outside saying "Restaurant Only. Bar Closed"

#61741 - 22 Sep 07 09:00 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Drunk Bule? In the EP? Never!

#61747 - 22 Sep 07 10:53 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Maybe the FPI were googling around and came upon this article in the JP from a couple years ago... got all hot and bothered at the thought of sexy bunnies and, as they do, therefore decided to try and smash the place up because it gave them a boner, caused them to give into their temptations and who knows what they did...

...Kinara will serve various kinds of alcoholic liquors at Rp 300,000 per person for boys and Rp 200,000 per person for girls. The price includes free flowing alcoholic drinks all night long, plus fireworks and a dance show.

Following the success of Playboy Party I presented in October of this year, they are preparing Playboy Party II featuring Bunny dancers ... Playboy Party II will be held at the restaurant's Club Fez. Guests will not only be treated to dance performances by Bunny dancers, but also see a fashion show featuring sexy dresses.

In line with theme Playboy Party, the dance and fashion show will feature sexy dress that will help create a 'warmer' evening...

#61748 - 22 Sep 07 11:20 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I think it is more to do with the fact that Fez is situated in the heart of FPI countyr on Kemang Raya. Club Azur, next door got wise and decided to shut down for the entire month, not wishing to arouse the thugs and bullies!

#61749 - 22 Sep 07 11:32 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Actually, I'm starting to wonder what this "raid" consisted of. Was it only a handful of guys standing around in a threatening manner? Was it a proper smash-up with patrons running away in a panic? Was it just a peaceful little demo thing?

The reason I pose such questions is because no media has mentioned it. Not detik, not JP, not antara, not Metro or any others I could see -- nothing at all.

Usually, they jump on these stories like flies to dog doo-doo. Further, the FPI/police usually invite the TV cameras before they go out on such raids. Apparently none of that.

So Piss Salon and anybody else in the know, tell us what you know with some details and specifics please.

#61750 - 22 Sep 07 11:37 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Dilli
I think it is more to do with the fact that Fez is situated in the heart of FPI countyr on Kemang Raya.

That's news to me. What do you mean exactly? As far as I know, FPI have their HQ in the Petamburan area of Central Jakarta, not too far from the Santika Hotel.

#61752 - 22 Sep 07 11:41 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

This is their HQ telephone number, which, by the prefix is definitely in that Petamburan area.

Telepon sekretariat FPI di: (021) 536-76617

#61755 - 22 Sep 07 11:52 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

In all honesty, I was shocked last night when Piss SMSed me from EP last night about the Fez raid...
Shocked that he and others were frightened, saying dramatically, "we are safe for now"...
I told him in no uncertain terms that he and his big bule mates at EP were a bunch of yellow wimps.

They should've gathered up a posse or friggin' lynch mob with all the rednecks they were drinking with and marched down Jl Kemang Raya to sort out those wispy little jawa thug wannabes.

#61756 - 22 Sep 07 11:53 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: chewwyUK
Not sure I would class FEZ as "one of the most popular places in the city" But a shame to see the boys get done. Rumor has it that they paid all the right people pre silly season but they still turned up! They shut up shop and called the police who no doubt turned up an hour or so later demanding money!

What is crazy here is that FEZ really didn't have that many people in it when compared to Eastern Promise. EP was rammed to the gills last night. Amusing to see a steady stream of drunk bule swaying past the sign outside saying "Restaurant Only. Bar Closed"

Indians- I may have been tempted to storm the place myself.

Do you have to shut all your bars in Jakarta then?

#61757 - 22 Sep 07 11:55 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: riccardo
In all honesty, I was shocked last night when Piss SMSed me from EP last night about the Fez raid...
Shocked that he and others were frightened, saying dramatically, "we are safe for now"...
I told him in no uncertain terms that he and his big bule mates at EP were a bunch of yellow wimps.

They should've gathered up a posse or friggin' lynch mob with all the rednecks they were drinking with and marched down Jl Kemang Raya to sort out those wispy little jawa thug wannabes.

They tried , but they got their zimmers stuck in the door.
The buggers may be "wispy" , but there are several hundred thousand of them to "sort" out .

#61758 - 22 Sep 07 11:56 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

I dont know the details but I can tell you that nobody was bothered in EP. As for gathering up a posse .. couldnt see anybody leaving the cold beer of ep for a good old fashioned lynching.

I dont think it was much .. just a handful of people saying if you dont give us money we will come in and destroy the place. Fez shut their doors -- that was it

#61760 - 22 Sep 07 11:59 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: chewwyUK]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Nothing beats a good old-fashioned lynching from time to time. Especially when it will ensure that your cold beers keep flowing.

#61761 - 22 Sep 07 12:00 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Not sure what the law is but the bars open. I think the panic talk tends to come from the more long term expats who can remember days gone by when damage was done to bars (and people). I have not seen to many issues with drinking ... although for some reason some bars insist on making you drink from a coffee mug.

#61764 - 22 Sep 07 12:09 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: chewwyUK
Not sure what the law is but the bars open. I think the panic talk tends to come from the more long term expats who can remember days gone by when damage was done to bars (and people). I have not seen to many issues with drinking ... although for some reason some bars insist on making you drink from a coffee mug.

Then you had better tell Wyatt Earp and his fucking posse that he doesn't need to draw a line in the sand - dude

#61783 - 23 Sep 07 08:16 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
Quoting: riccardo
According to Piss Salon, the FPI thugs raided the FEZ pub in Kemang at 10:30 pm Friday night.

FPI, bunch of ignorant moslem. Extreme religious believe is freakin stupid, all they do is brainwash people

Talking about religious brainwashing, take a look at Westboro Baptist church. FPI and Westboro look similar for me...

#61785 - 23 Sep 07 08:55 Re: FPI doing Ramadan ho hum [Re: emmajkt]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: emmajkt
Talking about religious brainwashing, take a look at Westboro Baptist church. FPI and Westboro look similar for me...

they are indeed very similar! i always equate traditionalist muslims (such as are very commonly found in java) with catholics; and modernist (wahabi) muslims with fundamentalist christians.

Moderator:  NetCop