Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61638 - 20 Sep 07 18:15 Avoid Sudirman -Thamrin road on Sat, 22 Sept
bonita Offline
Member+++

Loc: at my desk
Hi guys,

FYI. The road along Sudirman to Thamrin will be blocked this Sat, 22 Sep '07 starting from 6 AM to 7 PM. Reason: to observe the International Car Free day so cars and anything moves on with wheels will be banned to pass on the road except public transportations (busway and other buses, not sure about ojeks).

I wonder why none of you posted the news. It was on JP yesterday, oh you may have read it. I thought that JC was always updated with news from media including JP (can I just copy and paste it here, ku?)

Best regards,
boni

Edited by bonita (20 Sep 07 19:06)
Edit Reason: see response below

#61640 - 20 Sep 07 18:50 Re: Avoid Sudirman -Thamrin road on Sat, 22 Sept [Re: bonita]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Free cars? Cool. What's 19pm?

#61643 - 20 Sep 07 19:11 Re: Avoid Sudirman -Thamrin road on Sat, 22 Sept [Re: riccardo]
bonita Offline
Member+++

Loc: at my desk
Revised, pak. Done grin

19pm --> i remember once someone was confused to understand the use of AM and PM and i can tell you he's not a 'pribumi' and i changed the time starting from 13 to 24, then he understood. sorry for the typos, please edit it to correct forms and i admit my english is deteriorating :sighs:

#61664 - 21 Sep 07 06:51 Re: Avoid Sudirman -Thamrin road on Sat, 22 Sept [Re: bonita]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: bonita
I wonder why none of you posted the news. It was on JP yesterday, oh you may have read it. I thought that JC was always updated with news from media including JP (can I just copy and paste it here, ku?)

copy can copy/paste to your hearts content! smile

i personally only copy/paste indonesian business and investment news, mainly so that i have a reference for myself when clients ask me about things. many indonesian media archives cannot be relied upon; The Jakarta Post especially.

#61667 - 21 Sep 07 07:00 Re: Avoid Sudirman -Thamrin road on Sat, 22 Sept [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
And the stuff that gets posted on this site! smile

#61670 - 21 Sep 07 07:09 Re: Avoid Sudirman -Thamrin road on Sat, 22 Sept [Re: Dilli]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Dilli
And the stuff that gets posted on this site! smile

the stuff that gets posted on JakChat can be relied upon to stay here forever! as to the reliability of the content of the posts, that is quite another matter!

Moderator:  NetCop