Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61572 - 20 Sep 07 08:26 AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
At last! someone figures it out! i've been spouting off for decades about this, though i'd put the limit at 4 rather than 7 years.

Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages

A conservative German politician has proposed making marriage contracts expire after seven years, with the option to renew for those not feeling the proverbial itch.

"I propose that marriages lapse after seven years," Gabriele Pauli told reporters in Munich, the capital of the largely Catholic southern state of Bavaria.

"This would mean that one will only commit for a fixed period and will actively have to renew your vows if you still want to continue."

Ms Pauli, 50, has been divorced twice.

The proposal is part of her manifesto as she prepares to contest the leadership of Bavaria's governing party, the ultra-conservative Christian Social Union (CSU), next week.

The CSU is the sister party of Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats and the leadership is being vacated by a strategic ally of the chancellor, Edmund Stoiber, who has also been premier of Bavaria for more than a decade.

Mr Stoiber in January agreed to step down at the end of September after a party rebellion led by Ms Pauli.

Shortly afterward he announced his decision, Ms Pauli caused a stir by posing for magazine pictures as a dominatrix wearing long latex gloves.

- AFP

#61574 - 20 Sep 07 08:33 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Bet she's a pig!

#61575 - 20 Sep 07 08:38 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Cancel that, not bad for 50 and enjoys a bit of latex..

This lady has possibilities

Attachments
gabrielepauli.jpg

#61576 - 20 Sep 07 08:39 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: KuKuKaChu]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
Quoting: KuKuKaChu

"This would mean that one will only commit for a fixed period and will actively have to renew your vows if you still want to continue."

haha.. sounds pretty make sense to me....

#61577 - 20 Sep 07 08:41 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: Dilli]
Pooh Bah

i've seen worse.

coincidentally, she was born a few days after me ... maybe the stars dictated we should be of the same opinion on matters of marriage...

#61578 - 20 Sep 07 08:56 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Finally, an admission of true age!

#61580 - 20 Sep 07 09:14 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: KuKuKaChu]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
she looks not bad

#61581 - 20 Sep 07 09:15 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: Dilli]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Dilli
Finally, an admission of true age!

yes, 1977 was a good year.

#61616 - 20 Sep 07 15:26 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: KuKuKaChu]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Loc: melbourne australia
put that pig dog back in the hovell they found it

#61622 - 20 Sep 07 16:40 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: yourfather]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Fussy cunt. I'll bet when you are Kuku's age you'd give her one!

#61642 - 20 Sep 07 18:57 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: Dilli]
bonita Offline
Member+++

Loc: at my desk
Very interesting! 7 years, just exactly the same as he told me, "My child, 7 years was enough; 3 years felt like in heaven and the rest in hell." grin

May you rest in peace, monsieur le professeur.

But, ewww, he remained single till he passed away.

#61656 - 21 Sep 07 01:44 Re: AFP/Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
At last! someone figures it out! i've been spouting off for decades about this, though i'd put the limit at 4 rather than 7 years.

Politician proposes seven-year limit on marriages

A conservative German politician has proposed making marriage contracts expire after seven years, with the option to renew for those not feeling the proverbial itch.

"I propose that marriages lapse after seven years," Gabriele Pauli told reporters in Munich, the capital of the largely Catholic southern state of Bavaria.

Ms Pauli, 50, has been divorced twice.

The proposal is part of her manifesto as she prepares to contest the leadership of Bavaria's governing party, the ultra-conservative Christian Social Union (CSU), next week.

The CSU is the sister party of Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats and the leadership is being vacated by a strategic ally of the chancellor, Edmund Stoiber, who has also been premier of Bavaria for more than a decade.

Mr Stoiber in January agreed to step down at the end of September after a party rebellion led by Ms Pauli.

Shortly afterward he announced his decision, Ms Pauli caused a stir by posing for magazine pictures as a dominatrix wearing long latex gloves.

- AFP

Great!!!(not in grateful tone, but the other tone)

Moderator:  NetCop