Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61238 - 15 Sep 07 16:30 Internet help please
terenjac Offline
Member+

Loc: Previously Wagin, Western Aust...
I've had my new internet connection for less than 2 days and it's giving me trouble already.

I can access my yahoo email. The address and topic lines are there but the body of the messages are missing. When I click on the topic I can't get to the message. Is anyone else having problems with Yahoo or have I done something wrong myself?

Incidentally, I can access and read all other sites OK - for example JakChat is fine. It's just my email that's playing up.

Any helpful suggestions ?

#61239 - 15 Sep 07 16:53 Re: Internet help please [Re: terenjac]
Queenie Offline
Member++

Loc: Earth
I just checked my yahoo email and everything is fine.
If you can access to other sites its nothing to do with your connection, maybe yahoo was down, or maybe you got some stuff blocked and dont let you see the full page.
Put yahoo.com as a secure site, or turn off your pop-ups blocker, i dont know lol
Call to your help desk operator, they will help you configuring your computer.

#61242 - 15 Sep 07 18:54 Re: Internet help please [Re: Queenie]
terenjac Offline
Member+

Quoting: Queenie
I just checked my yahoo email and everything is fine.

Where is your Yahoo accounted located ? Mine is in Australia but I also tried going through the USA Yahoo site. Still can't get at my emails.

Even checked to see if I had accidentally switched to the BETA version of Yahoo email - No, I'm still on the older version that was OK yesterday.

My modem was supplied by a "friend of a friend" who is temporarily unavailable at the moment. My Bahassa Indonesia is not good enough to talk to an Indonesia techo at my ISP so it looks like I'm in trouble until my friend returns.

#61262 - 16 Sep 07 09:33 Re: Internet help please [Re: terenjac]
terenjac Offline
Member+

Don't know what has happened but I can now access all my Yahoo emails. I suspect Yahoo automatically changed over to the new BETA version as the format has changed.

Anyway, it's working and that's all that matters.

Moderator:  NetCop