Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#60642 - 08 Sep 07 09:01 Free beer at track meet
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
For one reason or another, most JakChatter guys have an unnatural disdain for most sports, BUT this is one Track&Field meet that might interest some of you....

It's the Brussels Golden League athletics meeting and this is what they said on their website:
Free beer for each new world record
Jupiler Blue offers every single spectator of the crowd of 47000 a free Jupiler Blue should a world record be broken at the Memorial Van Damme on 14 September 2007.
As soon as a world record has been broken the audience can collect their free Jupiler Blue at the stadium bars.

http://www.sport.be/memorialvandamme/2007/eng/nieuws/?Article_ID=230740

Good chances for World Records exist in the men's 100m (Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell), the women's Pole Vault (Isinbayeva), the women's steeple (Galkina), the men's 5,000 and 10,000 (K. Bekele), and a few others.

A few years ago in Poland, a track meet was sponsored by a local brewery and they put on free-flow beer for the whole evening for everyone.

#61215 - 15 Sep 07 10:19 Re: Free beer at track meet [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The meet took place last night (Friday Sept. 14) and Meseret Defar of Ethiopia broke the World Record in the 2-mile run. Everyone in the stadium got a free beer. Kind of ironic considering that Defar is a Muslim and this took place during Ramadan. Wonder how she feels about giving everyone free beer?

#61216 - 15 Sep 07 10:21 Re: Free beer at track meet [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
It was after Maghrib so it was OK!

#61217 - 15 Sep 07 10:31 Re: Free beer at track meet [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

this is the beer...

#61218 - 15 Sep 07 10:42 Re: Free beer at track meet [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
So , let us get this straight - all this fuss is over a small tin of virgins piss ?

#61219 - 15 Sep 07 10:45 Re: Free beer at track meet [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: riccardo
The meet took place last night (Friday Sept. 14) and Meseret Defar of Ethiopia broke the World Record in the 2-mile run. Everyone in the stadium got a free beer. Kind of ironic considering that Defar is a Muslim and this took place during Ramadan. Wonder how she feels about giving everyone free beer?

One expects that she probably doesn't give a fuck.
Do you suppose that she is fasting while taking part ?

Moderator:  NetCop