Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#60177 - 02 Sep 07 00:52 Hitler pizza
i_beth Offline
Member++

Loc: NRW
Hell Pizza gives Hitler the boot

"The Nazi leader is shown in a Heil Hitler salute with pizza in his hand, next to his quote: "It is possible to make people believe that heaven is hell."

Yesterday afternoon the Hitler billboard in Christchurch's Lincoln Road was replaced with another one in the chain's famous-quotes campaign – Pope Benedict saying "Hell is real and eternal".

Kirk MacGibbon, from Cinderella, the Auckland agency that handles the chain's advertising, said yesterday he had received three complaints from Jewish people in Auckland who were offended by the Hitler billboard."

The pizza in his hand(is it really pizza??) doesn't look yummi for me though grin

#60182 - 02 Sep 07 07:41 Re: Hitler pizza [Re: i_beth]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
to be honest with you, that is one of the stupidiest thing i have ever heard...

The add agency, should work and use their creativity in comedy show or something. Not in Pizza add

#60211 - 02 Sep 07 15:11 Re: Hitler pizza [Re: emmajkt]
i_beth Offline
Member++

indeed. Here in Germany people even taboo to say the name of 'you know who'! lolz...(but of course)

#60215 - 02 Sep 07 16:38 Re: Hitler pizza [Re: i_beth]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
interesting, German people very embarrased about what hitler did in their country history. But Hitler is not really german, he is an Austrian.

#60243 - 02 Sep 07 20:49 Re: Hitler pizza [Re: emmajkt]
i_beth Offline
Member++

yup, born in Austro-German border,grew up as a poor boy but then got his power in Germany crazy

#60261 - 03 Sep 07 12:43 Re: Hitler pizza [Re: i_beth]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Hmmmmmm Hell food. Excellent stuff.

https://www.hell.co.nz/index.jsp?city=Nelson

Hell’s Pizza sinks to offensive advertising
Thursday, 2 November 2006, 9:14 am
Press Release: Family First Lobby.
MEDIA RELEASE
1 NOVEMBER 2006
Hell’s Pizza sinks to offensive and inappropriate advertising

Hell’s Pizza is delivering offensive advertising material to family homes, and Family First has been contacted by a number of concerned parents.

“Hell’s Pizza has crossed the line of what is decent and acceptable advertising material to be put in letterboxes of families,” says Bob McCoskrie, National Director of Family First.

The small pamphlet advertising the Lust pizza contains a condom, and explicit instructions on how to use the condom during sex.

Phrases include ‘…put the condom on while the penis is erect…’, ‘…after ejaculation and while the penis is still erect…’, and ‘…do not allow penis or condom to touch vagina after withdrawal…’.

“This is totally inappropriate and offensive material being made available to young children who may read the advertisement. It is offensive to families to have condoms and explicit sex instructions put in their letterbox, and it is unacceptable for Hell’s Pizza to link pizza with the intimate act of sex,” says Mr McCoskrie. “It breaks all the rules of advertising standards, and shows that the company has no regard for vulnerable and innocent children or families.”

There is also a link to “Meat Lovers Pizza” which a Rape Crisis Centre contacted expressed concern at.

“This is grubby, offensive advertising at its worst,” says Mr McCoskrie.

“It is time we started protecting our children and families. There is a time and place for sex education, but it should not be forced on unsuspecting parents from inquisitive children who happen to collect this grubby pamphlet from their letterbox.”

Pamphlet can be viewed at http://www.familyfirst.org.nz/index.cfm/Action_Alert_

ENDS

#60271 - 03 Sep 07 13:15 Re: Hitler pizza [Re: Piss Salon]
i_beth Offline
Member++

shocked

Anyway...some ppl i know in NZ said Hell quite famous but the taste is crap, doh!

#60341 - 04 Sep 07 11:54 Re: Hitler pizza [Re: i_beth]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Best after several lagers and when nobody else delivers.

Moderator:  NetCop