#59675 - 25 Aug 07 08:50 T&F World Champs
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Check for near real-time results here:
http://osaka2007.iaaf.org/results/bydate.html#racedate=08-25-2007

And Live Streaming audio and/or video here:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/athletics/world-championships/

The Men's Marathon Final kicked off the competition at 5am Jakarta Time. Luke Kibet of Kenya (a 60/1 underdog according to Ladbrokes) won by a half a mile, but in a slow time due to the 38C/101F temperature and 80+% humidity in Osaka.

If you're a punter, go to Ladbrokes and place your bets live online:
http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_sports?action=go_type&category=SPORTS&class_id=110000016

#59676 - 25 Aug 07 08:55 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

T&F's Golden Girl, Carolina Kluft of Sweden looks to win gold in the Heptathlon.

#59688 - 25 Aug 07 12:41 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Loc: melbourne australia

#59690 - 25 Aug 07 13:08 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Gotta love the huevos on this fit little Russky...

Osaka 2007 - Isinbayeva: No one can beat me

Eurosport - Sat, 25 Aug

Russian world pole vault record holder Yelena Isinbayeva says that she is unbeatable ahead of the world championships in Osaka.

"I know if I do my best, it is impossible for somebody to beat me," the Olympic and world champion said.

"There's no chance for anybody," she added. "Sorry, it's like this."

She is so big a favourite in the 11th world championships which begin on Saturday, that she professes no concern for the competition.

"I don't care about my rivals," she said.
"More important and more dangerous is myself."

The former gymnast has not lost a final this year, going 11 for 11. In three years, she has been beaten only three times in 42 competitions. Twice the losses came because she no-heighted. The other loss was on a countback.

#59702 - 25 Aug 07 21:42 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The medal table after Day 1

Rank Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 UNITED STATES 1 1 1 3
2 ETHIOPIA 1 0 0 1
2 KENYA 1 0 0 1
4 QATAR 0 1 0 1
4 TURKEY 0 1 0 1
6 BELARUS 0 0 1 1
6 SWITZERLAND 0 0 1 1

#59703 - 25 Aug 07 23:20 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Must be a fix!

#59734 - 27 Aug 07 10:28 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

For watching the meet on TV in Jakarta, APHRODITE, in Klub Rasuna, behind Pasar Festival mall, is showing all the events live with no commercial interruptions on its Super Sport channels. More importantly, and unlike other pubs that have Super Sport, APHRO have enough TVs to show it -- and still satisfy the rugby/cricket/soccer crowd on other TVs -- and will if you ask.

I watched the thrilling 100meters on Sunday evening with TYSON GAY winning over the world record holder Asafa Powell..

The meet has two sessions each day -- morning and evening. As its in Osaka (2 hours ahead) you can catch all the key races between 4pm and 9pm each evening until next Sunday (Sept. 2)

Other gold medalists on DAY 2 included the aforementioned Miss Kluft with a European record and 2nd best in history in the heptathlon. The UK got its first medal -- bronze -- from Kelly Sotherton, also in the Heptathlon.

Also, Valerie Vili of New Zealand, a maori gal, launched a mighty toss on her final shot put attempt to win a surprising Gold Medal.

#59736 - 27 Aug 07 10:29 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Latest Medal Table after the completion of DAY 2

Medal Table
Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
United States 2 1 1 4
Ecuador 1 0 0 1
Ethiopia 1 0 0 1
Kenya 1 0 0 1
New Zealand 1 0 0 1
Sweden 1 0 0 1
Belarus 0 1 1 2
Bahamas, The 0 1 0 1
Qatar 0 1 0 1
Spain 0 1 0 1
Tunisia 0 1 0 1
Turkey 0 1 0 1
Ukraine 0 1 0 1
United Kingdom 0 0 1 1
Switzerland 0 0 1 1
Mexico 0 0 1 1
Germany 0 0 1 1
Jamaica 0 0 1 1

#59766 - 27 Aug 07 13:10 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

THE WORLD'S FASTEST MAN IS GAY !!!!

#59769 - 27 Aug 07 13:19 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

He's first of the blocks "cause he has got his shit packed already!"

#59776 - 27 Aug 07 13:37 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

This photo really speaks "a thousand words"...
Gay (on the left) got out slowly, Powell (right, in yellow) is the world record holder and had a clear lead the first 40-50 meters, but then Gay started really motoring... and by 70 meters (the moment when this pic was taken) Powell knew that Gay was going to overhaul him and the look on Powell's face says it all.

#59789 - 27 Aug 07 14:09 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

A hilarious comment by a friend when we were looking at the top-10 form chart for the Men's 10,000m:

"Two of those Kenyans aren't even household names in their own huts

who are these broke-dicks ???"

premeet formchart:

1. Kenenisa Bekele (Ethiopia)
2. Zersenay Tadesse (Eritrea)
3. Sileshi Sihine (Ethiopia)
4. Martin Mathathi (Kenya)
5. Tola Tadesse (Ethiopia)
6. Josephat Ndambuki (Kenya)
7. Gebr. Gebremariam (Ethiopia)
8. Kiprono Menjo (Kenya)
9. Abdi Abdirahman (US)
10. Boniface Kiprop (Uganda)

#59791 - 27 Aug 07 14:23 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
maybe all these african runners became so good because of the goofy names their parents gave to them, leading to them having to spend their entire childhood running away from the neighbourhood bullies ...

"take that, boniface kiprop!"

#59795 - 27 Aug 07 14:49 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Leave it to the underachieving, sour-grapes-eating Brit gals to whinge and show poor sportsmanship after getting soundly beaten!! Kelly, is it not enough to win your nation's first medal and let others sort this out? Total loser in my book.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/08/27/sofron127.xml

Kelly Sotherton lifted the gloom surrounding British athletics by landing her team's first medal of this world championships before sparking the event's first major controversy by calling silver medallist Lyudmila Blonska a cheat.

In a frank interview, bronze-medallist Sotherton said Blonska was shunned by other athletes. "We don't support her," she said.

"We don't support cheats.

#59797 - 27 Aug 07 15:04 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
The Brits are going for their worst ever tally this year. Whatever happened to British Athletics ans the AAA?

#59802 - 27 Aug 07 15:23 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: Roy's Hair]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Roy's hair
Whatever happened to British Athletics and the AAA?

They've been hijacked by the omnipotent politburo-esque UKAthletics, which demands that each and every promising teen prodigy sign his/her life away!! They restrict the kids in terms of money, training, medical care and coaching. The teenage stars (or their families) have no more choices. If they want to hire an Italian or Icelandic coach, they can't. They must take what the UKA gives them. If they want to go to a US university for 4 years with great coaches and facilities on an athletics scholarship while getting a uni degree, they can't. If they want to use the same family doctor they've had all their lives, they can't. If they become a huge star and command million-dollar appearance fees, they must give it all to UKA in exchange for the 250pounds/week arrangement they signed when they were 14.

Breaching any of these and/or a myriad of other contract stipulations will result in a lifetime ban from the UK team, all government monetary support will be pulled and the athlete will even be banned from doing a fun training run at the local club that he/she started out with!

It's a total disaster. If you are a talented, athletic kid in the UK, are you going to let this mob of fascists control your life OR are you going to say 'fuck that' and go use your athleticism on the soccer field? Not a difficult choice. The results are what we see in the medal tables.

#59824 - 27 Aug 07 21:07 Erect Nipple wins it!! [Re: Roy's Hair]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

In the women's 100m, Veronica Campbell of Jamaica (6th lane, in yellow) wins in a photo finish by virtue of the fact that her erect nipple was protruding across the finish ahead of the two Americans!! It took the Japanese photo finish observers a full 15 minutes to declare a winner -- big time drama, but the Jamaican nipple seizes the day.

#59834 - 27 Aug 07 22:02 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Quoting: riccardo
Also, Valerie Vili of New Zealand, a maori gal, launched a mighty toss on her final shot put attempt to win a surprising Gold Medal.

I have been tossed by a Maori girl or two and find nothing surprising about it.

#59847 - 28 Aug 07 07:10 Re: T&F World Champs [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Piss Salon

I have been tossed by a Maori girl or two and find nothing surprising about it.

Was her second name Lomu?

#59854 - 28 Aug 07 08:34 Re: Erect Nipple wins it!! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The proverbial protruding nipple wins the day for Jamaica's Veronica Campbell.

#59908 - 28 Aug 07 17:03 Robbery [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

look at the photo finish pic above and compare with this one from an earlier race the same day. The American Williams loses due to the fact that THEY put the all-important green line back to her neck rather than the front leading shoulder as they've done the whole meet and below is a perfect example....

Attachments
400heats.JPG

Description: green line placed on the shoulder, not the inside bit of the neck!

#59910 - 28 Aug 07 18:26 Re: Robbery [Re: riccardo]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Is that why Linford won? His lunchbox crossed the line first???

#59913 - 28 Aug 07 20:41 Re: Robbery [Re: Roy's Hair]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I would win every time then!

#59947 - 29 Aug 07 10:41 Re: Robbery [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Betting on these favored Russkie hos is like trying to organize a threesome with a pack of wild hyenas on peyote.

Easy money and faithless women.... red-eye whiskey for the pain.

#60150 - 01 Sep 07 10:30 4x400 WR??? [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The American men 400m runners went 1-2-3 in final with Jeremy Wariner running the 3rd fastest in history. But can he and his mates break the World Record in the 4x400 relay???

The USA men's 4x400 seems to be set for the World Championship Final in OSAKA. In no particular order of running:
Kerron Clement
Angelo Taylor
Jeremy Wariner
LaShawn Merritt

This was in the USAToday's most recent edition:
That should make for a fast 1,600 relay team on which Wariner, Taylor and Merritt are expected to team up with recently crowned 400 hurdles champion Kerron Clement.

"That's going to be a nice team," said Merritt....

A nice team indeed LaShawn. And he should know. Merritt and Clement ran together on the 4x4 team at the World Junior Championships 2004, and that team broke the World JR record with 18y.o. LaShawn on leg 2 (44.8 ) and 19y.o. Kerron on anchor (44.8 ).

The WR might be just out of reach for this year's US quartet.

This is what they'll be chasing:

Jerome Young (44.3) - FROM THE BLOCKS
Antonio Pettigrew (43.2)
Tyree Washington (43.5)
Michael Johnson (43.2)

World Record time ---2:54.20

It looks feasible for JW to match up with MJ's split and Taylor to match Tyree's split, the big ones that this quartet may not have answers for are Pettigrew's blazing 43.2 and Young's opening leg of 44.3.

Here are the ( relay-leg PBs )** and open 400 with their 2007 SBs:
K. Clement--(44.3) 44.48
A. Taylor -----(43.6) 44.05
L. Merritt -----(44.0) 44.06
J. Wariner ---(43.2) 43.50

** The relay leg data I found is sketchy at best. Most were likely hand times and some were recorded several years ago (Taylor's)....

Even the World Champs Record (CR) seems a bit of a stretch against the mark put down by this dream team:

Stuttgart 1993 World Championships
Men's 4x400 CR = 2:54.29

Andrew Valmon---------(44.43) Out of the blocks
Quincy Watts------------(43.59)
Harry 'Butch' Reynolds-(43.36)
Michael Johnson--------(42.91) GOOD GAWD MAN!! Are you kidding?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop