Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#59465 - 22 Aug 07 14:13 Museum in Ache
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Indonesia is going to build a new museum in Ache to commemorate the Tsunami. They are going to spend $7.5 million USD on this thing (which means around $20 million by the time it's finished). Wouldnt the money be better spent on building things like houses, roads and schools??

#59472 - 22 Aug 07 19:06 Re: Museum in Ache [Re: chewwyUK]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Loc: melbourne australia
erm. forgive.

but isn't it Aceh?

#59487 - 22 Aug 07 21:59 Re: Museum in Ache [Re: yourfather]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
I have seen that spelling before. I don't know where, but Wikipedia says: "Past spellings of its name include Acheh, Atjeh and Achin."

#59493 - 22 Aug 07 22:54 Re: Museum in Ache [Re: chewwyUK]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Quoting: chewwyUK
Indonesia is going to build a new museum in Ache to commemorate the Tsunami. They are going to spend $7.5 million USD on this thing (which means around $20 million by the time it's finished). Wouldnt the money be better spent on building things like houses, roads and schools??

Not according to the thinking ahead decision makers...

#59495 - 22 Aug 07 23:19 Re: Museum in Ache [Re: Shesca]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
I can picture that statue welcoming visitors to the museum now. A stunningly resplendent, 30-meter tall, plaster-of-Paris Indonesian soldier with a long-extinct Javanese tiger roaring ferociously at his feet as he shields 30 Acehnese women (who are all proffering food and sexual favors) standing behind him. The other thousand or so soldiers, who are forcing the women to offer the depicted soldier the food and sexual favors, will, however, not be included in the welcoming monument.

#59513 - 23 Aug 07 08:18 Re: Museum in Ache [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

you are correct yourfather ... but if you review by previous postings you will see that spelling is not my strong point, or punctuation for that matter ...

I am sure I have seen that statue before piss ....

#59515 - 23 Aug 07 08:20 Re: Museum in Ache [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I did not realise that you had any strong points!

#59516 - 23 Aug 07 08:26 Re: Museum in Ache [Re: chewwyUK]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere

Yes, definitely.

one more time 'stupid' and waste and should i say more. HAVE NO SENSE AT ALL!

#59517 - 23 Aug 07 08:27 Re: Museum in Ache [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Sparkling wit and personality, eyes so blue its like staring in to paradise and the ability to breed at will. If they are not strong points I don't know what are!

#59518 - 23 Aug 07 08:28 Re: Museum in Ache [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Who are you talking about! Does this person post on JakChat?

#59524 - 23 Aug 07 09:32 Re: Museum in Ache [Re: chewwyUK]
Tut Tut Offline
Member+

I'm guessing the reason they are building a museum instead of houses, roads, schools is because it's easier to corrupt a huge chunk of the money by passing amateur photographers'/artists' works as some super expensive work of art. Of course we know where the money really goes.

They can't pay for houses, roads, and schools with a fraction of that $7.5 million.

Moderator:  NetCop