Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#59242 - 20 Aug 07 11:27 Restaurant Review - Amore / Vino Embassy (Kemang)
DCShogun Offline

Loc: Jakarta
First time there last night. Grabbed two bottles of wine in the back as well as a bottle of watermelon Smirnoff and Pama pomegranate liqueur (for the antioxidants, or course..) After the purchase the sneaky bastards told us we couldnt drink the liquor in the cafe, only the wine. Hmm... Ok, save it for my Halloween party. Amore is more like a cafeteria on the inside, but the tables outside have more of a cafe feel (please dont try to tell me that a cafe and cafeteria are the same thing).

Vino Embassy, right across the hall, was where we decided to set up camp. A darker place than the cafe, VE could have been decked out a little better. Leather seats and tables had a distinct feel like a corporate boardroom. I was hoping for more of a loungy feel. Food was typical cafe fare in these parts: wings, onion rings, club sandwich, tarts, tiny cheescakes.. Typical taste, though the prices were pretty reasonable. The music was chill (80's US pop and INdo stuff) until about 10pm when someone felt like it was time to turn up the volume and throw on the techno. We didnt have the desire to alter our internal chilled vibe, as the four of us were finishing up our second bottle of wine, so we split. Call me a pussy, but it WAS getting really smokey anyways.

Two appetizers, a sandwich, two desserts, a bottled water, service charge: about 150,000 rupiah (second-hand smoke was gratis!)

#59496 - 22 Aug 07 23:21 Re: Restaurant Review - Amore / Vino Embassy (Kemang) [Re: DCShogun]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Tell more about the 'tarts'.

#59502 - 23 Aug 07 07:26 Re: Restaurant Review - Amore / Vino Embassy (Kemang) [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i can think of better ways to spend a whopping Rp150,000. that's enough to finance kenyeung's jaksa threesome, with beer money to spare.

#59521 - 23 Aug 07 08:45 Re: Restaurant Review - Amore / Vino Embassy (Kemang) [Re: KuKuKaChu]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
a cafe and cafeteria are the same thing

#59528 - 23 Aug 07 10:58 Re: Restaurant Review - Amore / Vino Embassy (Kemang) [Re: DCShogun]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Quoting: DCShogun
: wings, onion rings, club sandwich, tarts, tiny cheescakes..

Are these euphemisms ??

Moderator:  NetCop