Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
A_dodgy_establishment!_Occupied_by_Charlatans_&_Vagabonds.jpg
Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning!
A dodgy establishment! Occupied by Charlatans & Vagabonds
Other images in post
Image Details
Poster Dilli Offline
Posted 18 Aug 07 12:44
Description
But you've probably never seen it during the day Keny!
Dimensions 600x400
Size 136.59 KB
JCode
Thumbnail
Medium
Full

Comments
#59110 - 18 Aug 07 13:32 Re: Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning! [Re: Dilli]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
neat pictures dilli! makes me want to move there! note you also photographed the secret backroom international headquarters of JakChat!

#59112 - 18 Aug 07 13:45 Re: Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Hard to believe that the salubrious exterior contains a throbbing intellectual hub as it does.

#59123 - 18 Aug 07 14:27 Re: Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
There's only one thing throbbing in there and it's the dick of a guy with a 7-1/2 month pregnant wife who is not getting any!

#59124 - 18 Aug 07 14:28 Re: Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning! [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
And as for the intellectual hub - pfttt

#59128 - 18 Aug 07 15:30 Re: Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning! [Re: Dilli]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Looks a bit grotty and ordinary. And if it had just been spruced up for Independence Day, then how bad does it usually look? Anyway, I've heard that most of the expatriates who frequent Jaksa's grubby bars are either alcoholics or stupid belligerent English teachers (or both). I really don't like to fraternize with scum (except occasionally online).

Edited by kenyeung (18 Aug 07 16:11)
Edit Reason: Derek Nimmo, challenge

#59129 - 18 Aug 07 16:07 Re: Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning! [Re: kenyeung]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Cheeky sod - he has just done it up .
Thankfully the neighbours have agreed to allow the continued use of their buildings to stop Okusi Towers from collapsing.

#59260 - 20 Aug 07 12:31 Re: Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
So many merah putih Flag, is anyone here ikut balap karung??

#59280 - 20 Aug 07 17:49 Re: Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning! [Re: emmajkt]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Several children on Jaksa tried to join the panjat pinang game, but were quite disappointed to find that it was just me, Kuku and Jakartass standing in the street and stretching our arms. One unfortunate child fell into Kuku's trousers but somehow still managed to find a prize.

Edited by kenyeung (20 Aug 07 18:25)
Edit Reason: dan kami akan menembak mereka

#59281 - 20 Aug 07 17:58 Re: Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning! [Re: kenyeung]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: kenyeung
Several children on Jaksa tried to join the panjat pinang game, but were quite disappointed to find they that it was just me, Kuku and Jakartass standing in the street and stretching our arms. One unfortunate child fell into Kuku's trousers but somehow still managed to find a prize.

It seems he was able to tie it up and get his mum to fry it.

Edited by Capt. Mainwaring (20 Aug 07 18:07)

#80040 - 19 Jun 08 12:14 Re: Just for Keny, Jalan Jaksa as it looked this morning! [Re: Dilli]
Ro_MianD Offline

Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia
I miss home... :-( I miss my jaksa street home... less than 5 months to go...

Moderator:  NetCop