Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58978 - 16 Aug 07 15:58 THE POINT's Revival!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
It seems the election of Fuzzy Bozo has injected new life into the The Point newspaper, which recently experienced a near-death experience, and was said to be bankrupt and out of investors. Staff were not being paid. At least one staff member was physically beaten and the quality of the stories had just become pitiful. (I'm one of the few people who read it every morning.)

Fuzzy, you see had a nasty argument with "the other English-language daily newspaper" during the campaign, accusing them of a strong bias against him. Apparently the JP publishers argued with Fuzzy and nothing was really settled, but he obviously felt that he'd lost face.

Now that Fuzzy has hit the jackpot as the new gubernor, THE POINT is announcing its "GRAND OFFICIAL LAUNCH" with a seminar on success and achievement featuring ADAM AIR's chairman as keynote speaker.

Revenge is a plate best served by propping up/investing heavily in your enemy's competitor and watching it take business away from the established, but biased newspaper.

One of Fuzzy's complaints was the the JP's newsroom was full of PKS supporters. Well, on that point he hit the nail on the head.

#58979 - 16 Aug 07 16:00 Re: THE POINT's Revival! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Unspun has some stuff on The Point's revival here:
http://theunspunblog.com/2007/08/14/more-on-the-points-grand-launch/

#59191 - 19 Aug 07 18:51 Re: THE POINT's Revival! [Re: riccardo]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Loc: melbourne australia
Well if the Chair and Illustrious leader of the worlds best (and safest airline) adam air is there,

How do I get tickets????????????????????

#59494 - 22 Aug 07 23:07 Re: THE POINT's Revival! [Re: yourfather]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
"Take the risk, grab the gain." It certainly appears that way for staff, who, despite the grand new relauch at the tacky Four Seasons, haven't been paid for the month of July.

And as for the Post's 'coverage' of the gubernatorial elections, they were piss poor. They, as did the rest of the media lackeys in this country, let down the nation and the long-dead spirit of reform. It was a vast conspiracy of the elite that will ensure that fucker, the corrupt dog (at best) that he is, Sutiyoso, will continue to pull the strings in the capital city of this Javanese/Western empire.

#59500 - 23 Aug 07 07:23 Re: THE POINT's Revival! [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Piss Salon
It was a vast conspiracy of the elite that will ensure that fucker, the corrupt dog (at best) that he is, Sutiyoso, will continue to pull the strings in the capital city of this Javanese/Western empire.

our pal sooty-oso is destined for a higher calling. there's a retired general's ginger group that's pushing him for Golkar's presidential nomination. kalla, of course, moron that he be, is blissfully unaware of all this ...

#59510 - 23 Aug 07 08:15 Re: THE POINT's Revival! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

still not being paid ... seems like thats afternoon drink with me was a good thing after all!

#59512 - 23 Aug 07 08:17 Re: THE POINT's Revival! [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Was that the afternoon an employee with the Point went on a killing spree?

#59529 - 23 Aug 07 11:02 Re: THE POINT's Revival! [Re: Dilli]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Don't mess with that employee man. He'll take ya fackin' face off. Lean mean fighting, urine soaked machine

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop