Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58952 - 16 Aug 07 10:10 Map route
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Ever been traveling from Kediri to Surakarta but lacking a map? Here's one: from Microsoft's http://local.live.com/ (so you can zoom in and apparently even get accurate step by step directions) - will seek something better.

#58953 - 16 Aug 07 10:16 Re: Map route [Re: kenyeung]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
communist and iSlamo-terrorist country that is.

#58956 - 16 Aug 07 10:36 Re: Map route [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Yes , that's what most of the Americans said last time as they ran to the airport.
You can still see the burn marks on the tarmac up past the Lor-Inn Hotel where the little feet were running so fast.

Could be a new Californian sport that - "Running away at the first sniff of trouble"

Couldn't see what all the fuss was about myself.

#58958 - 16 Aug 07 11:12 Re: Map route [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
You seem to mention this little mantra of yours about 'Americans running away during the last KrisMon', like once a day, but in all honesty I don't know what you're talking about.

Of the people I know here, none of those people can point to someone who left at that time. The fact is, foreigners were not the target. They was no real danger to foreigners. You may have felt fear and are now projecting that on others, but there's really nothing in it. Obviously, plenty of the elderly white-collar oil execs and such would have been asked to take a short holiday by their respective companies at the time, but that was a mere precaution, and certainly didn't apply ONLY to American execs.

In short, danger is all relative, it depends who the target is. If foreigners were not the target in '98, then there was no problem, and anyone with any common sense fully understood that.

#58986 - 17 Aug 07 06:44 Re: Map route [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Correct, they weren't Riccardo - and it's not a little mantra, just a statement of fact.

Why don't you use you investigative skills to find an American who stayed in Solo during that time - you will look a long time because pretty much without exception they all ran like buggery once the poopers has started to fluctuate - Singers was the first choice with Bali being the second .

I was hoping to meet Big Don last night for a beer and to reminisce - unfortunately many of the names of the American team for the "running away to singers with the crimper whistling a merry tune" in the Solo KrisMon Olympics are now fortunately forgotten but there are a few photos lingering in dark corners which need to be shown the light of day after 10 years.

I'm not suggesting that wearing a big hat instead of fighting isn't a good idea, but in this case I honestly can't remember any other nationality who legged it in such profusion apart from the Americans - even the little blond french poofter who managed the Novotel stayed (though that could be because he was permanently nuts deep in his Javanese boyfriend) and we know how much the french like to surrender.

The last part of my journey yesterday was particularly bumpy due to the scorchmarks left in Jl Adi Sucipto - I'll post some photos later.

#59181 - 19 Aug 07 18:03 Re: Map route [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Your Shrink Offline

Loc: Lunatic Asylum
Quoting: riccardo
communist and iSlamo-terrorist country that is.

The constant negative comments on such things tempted me to investigate what traumatic psychological experiences related to those things possibily happened?

Edited by Wacko Ward Spv (19 Aug 07 18:07)

#59216 - 20 Aug 07 08:29 Re: Map route [Re: Your Shrink]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

slightly over a thousand kilometers under the belt and back home - thank the Lord for small blessings.

I hate to offend the Solonese, but the majority are fucking thick.

#59221 - 20 Aug 07 08:52 Re: Map route [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring

the result of generations of inbreeding, where sultans and priyayi monopolised the women of java.

#59432 - 22 Aug 07 01:38 Re: Map route [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
What do you call a Blok M ayam with tattoos?

Scenic roots.

#59439 - 22 Aug 07 08:35 Re: Map route [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring

the result of generations of inbreeding, where sultans and priyayi monopolised the women of java.

Yes, I think I see what you mean.

Attachments
mlg3.JPG

#59441 - 22 Aug 07 08:44 Re: Map route [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
He's got Keny's eyes

#59443 - 22 Aug 07 09:00 Re: Map route [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

No , they are definitely his own - the Dutch were very strict about the stealing of body parts.

#61120 - 14 Sep 07 07:34 Re: Map route [Re: Piss Salon]
Cuckoo Offline
Member++

Loc: fairyland
Quoting: Piss Salon
What do you call a Blok M ayam with tattoos?

Scenic roots.

lolololol

Moderator:  NetCop