Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58422 - 11 Aug 07 22:39 Beer Bargain
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Some guy in Malaysia is trying to sell an empty can of Bintang for $2.90 plus $6.90 for shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BINTANG-Beer-Can-Bre...VQQcmdZViewItem

#58423 - 11 Aug 07 22:43 Re: Beer Bargain [Re: kenyeung]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Is there any prime Malaysian skunk inside?

#58424 - 11 Aug 07 22:45 Re: Beer Bargain [Re: Dilli]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

He's also flogging something I'd never seen or heard of in Indonesia:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190077874258

#59147 - 19 Aug 07 01:09 Re: Beer Bargain [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus

#59148 - 19 Aug 07 01:18 Re: Beer Bargain [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
"BINTANG Beer Can Brewed in Indonesia.

The can is empty, top opened and in excellent condition. No dents or scratches.

Payment by Paypal, Personal Check, Money Order or Bank Transfer."

[quote]

Not only is the purchase abut $11 but the can is "empty". I was going to order 24. Their loss.

I am sitting in a living room with at least 139 cans (approx) "empty". That amount is not a usual figure of "empty" beer cans in my current lodgings, but my room boy hasn't cleaned the place for 13 hours.

#59469 - 22 Aug 07 15:37 Re: Beer Bargain [Re: kenyeung]
Scotty Offline

Loc: S.E.A.
I had to laugh at the comment about "TopBeer celebrates Germany’s sensitivity and gentleness".

http://www.topbeer.net/corporate/index.html

: MY TOPBEER
About Us

Established in 2002, Kick & Top Sdn Bhd is a Malaysian-based indent agent/trading company that brings in fine beers from manufacturers abroad. Our main imports currently are KickBeer and TopBeer, both high-quality German beers. KickBeer personifies the rugged, bold pioneering spirit of Germany’s military prowess and automobile innovations, while TopBeer celebrates Germany’s sensitivity and gentleness, as reflected in the country’s contribution to the world’s finest classical music.

Both KickBeer and TopBeer are unique because they combine the best of German brewing techniques with the preferred beer tastes of the South East Asian region. To do this, two skilled brew-masters were engaged to tour the region and personally experience the beers of the South East Asia. The culmination of their experiences are these two fine beers, especially brewed for beer lovers in this region.

To shorten the transportation process, KickBeer and TopBeer are brewed in nearby Indonesia. There, cutting-edge brewing and bottling technology is used to maintain KickBeer and TopBeer’s exceptional quality.

Since their respective launches in October 2002, both beers have enjoyed widespread acceptance and stand proudly among the most favoured beverage selections at dinner parties and social events. All of this bodes well for the company, and we believe that we are well on our way to becoming the third-largest beer company in Malaysia.

#59474 - 22 Aug 07 20:02 Re: Beer Bargain [Re: Scotty]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Someone had some fun writing that.

#59478 - 22 Aug 07 20:34 Re: Beer Bargain [Re: kenyeung]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
make mine a Top

#59479 - 22 Aug 07 20:59 Re: Beer Bargain [Re: Roy's Hair]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
To shorten the transportation process, KickBeer and TopBeer are brewed in nearby Indonesia. There, cutting-edge brewing and bottling technology is used to maintain KickBeer and TopBeer’s exceptional quality.

What water are they using!

Cutting edge & "whatever" technology? Cannot be Indonesia!

Scotty, do you represent a Brewery in Stirlingshire, if so I have met you!

Moderator:  NetCop