Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58127 - 08 Aug 07 15:27 Looking for sublet
farnum Offline

Loc: USA
Very impressed so far with the caliber of smack talk on the forum...this seems as good a place as any to post a request for info leading to a sublet? Preferably near Menteng, as close to 6 months as possible. Thanks to chewwyUK considering taking up the racket again.

#58129 - 08 Aug 07 16:52 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: farnum]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Piss Salon should be able to give you some advice; he lives on a Menteng street that seems to cater to expats looking for monthly or yearly rentals.

Though they seem to have a policy of no American child-rapists. But best to check with Piss Salon, as they haven't thrown him out yet.

Incidentally, had to look up "Smack Talk" and it's apparently nothing to do with needing to score heroin:

Quote:
Smack Talk
1. The art of telling another person off, belittling them or calling their momma fat, while in the heat of competition.

Man, your mamma so fat she got her own zip code!

You can't play madden dawg cause you broke ass and your plays are weak!

----------------------------------------------------

2. A variety of threatening language, often used as an implied precursor to physical violence.

"If my brother dated my ex-girlfriend, I'd rub his ass out"

"Oh, believe me, as soon as I'm alone with my brother, there will be some serious ass-rubbing"

"Dude, you shouldn't try smack talk."

Edited by kenyeung (08 Aug 07 17:01)
Edit Reason: rocks

#58137 - 08 Aug 07 17:33 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
What are you looking for exactly Johnny?

#58138 - 08 Aug 07 17:39 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Piss Salon

i think the johnny farnum reference might be lost on an american!

#58143 - 08 Aug 07 18:18 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Quoting: Piss Salon

i think the johnny farnum reference might be lost on an american!

must be humour then

#58180 - 09 Aug 07 08:57 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Hello Johnny ... If you need a 1 bedroom sublet I know of a great one that you can move in to next weekend. $1050 per month - fully furnished, pool, gym, fish pond etc. Hell I will even throw in a can of Rexona sensitive in to the bargain

#58182 - 09 Aug 07 09:10 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Shakes a bit at nights though! Free Batman picture chucked in with the Rexona. And the view is nice!

Attachments
View - smaller.gif

#58183 - 09 Aug 07 09:11 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: chewwyUK
Hello Johnny ... If you need a 1 bedroom sublet I know of a great one that you can move in to next weekend. $1050 per month - fully furnished, pool, gym, fish pond etc. Hell I will even throw in a can of Rexona sensitive in to the bargain

And not only that, it used to be on the 21st floor and has now descended to the 9th floor.

#58184 - 09 Aug 07 09:15 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

New build johnny so need need to worry ... safe as houses!

Pictures and more details on another thread http://www.jakchat.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/54664#Post54664

#58188 - 09 Aug 07 09:47 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Quoting: chewwyUK
New build johnny so need need to worry ... safe as houses!

Pictures and more details on another thread http://www.jakchat.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/54664#Post54664

As I heard the building creak and groan I could hear this little voice in my head say "Don't worry, it's only an earthquake. You have been in 2 earth quakes in Tokyo and nothing happened".

Then a louder voice started up "Yes but the Japanese are experts in building earthquake proof buildings. This is Indonesia and the building contractors probably used cheaper materials to save a few bob and you are about to die a horrible death because of somebodies greed and lack of safety standards"

Safe as houses indeed!

#58208 - 09 Aug 07 12:35 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: Dilli]
farnum Offline

It's Kristen, aka Johnny...yes my California to New York vernacular encompasses all presented definitions of 'smack talk' - can also be used in competitive verbal jousting ala tennis showdowns.

Chewwy, how long's the sublet for? When you say full furnished does that mean cooking utensils? What's Rexona sensitive? So many unanswered questions...I'll be travelling for 1-2 weeks out of the bulan, so 1050 might be a little steep (although it's a lovely flat Chewwy, don't get me wrong), but I'm thinking about it...unless Mr. Piss....wait that's not it....must scroll up, Piss Salon, has some alternatives. I can dig living in a back house of a keluarga, a room in a house, etc. Preference is solo, but one can't be too picky. I'm a fabulous roommate if I do say so myself - share food and booze happily.

Johhny

#58212 - 09 Aug 07 12:49 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: farnum]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Rexona Sensative --- very good spray on Antiperspirant imported from Australia. You can get deodorant here but you cant get a good spray on Antiperspirant.

I will be moving out this weekend .. lease available from the 20th of August. 6 months left on the lease

#58213 - 09 Aug 07 12:58 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: chewwyUK]
farnum Offline

Ahh, I thought it sounded more like a male pattern balding tonic. Do they have it in unscented?

Hmmm, would let me have a look at it first? I'm in Yogya at the moment finishing up a Bahasa program yang intensif. Heading to Jakarta on the 18th. How long does it take to get to Menteng in the AM?

All 6 months up front?

Will be back online in a few hours.

#58218 - 09 Aug 07 13:16 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: farnum]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

hmm just PM when you are back in town ..... I have a feeling the place will be gone by the 18th but you never know ...

#58230 - 09 Aug 07 14:09 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: farnum]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: farnum
I'm a fabulous roommate if I do say so myself - share food and booze happily.

Johhny

Kenyeung used to have a roommate (Welch??) who would've liked you.

#58243 - 09 Aug 07 16:43 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: farnum]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
I can dig living in a back house of a keluarga, a room in a house, etc. Preference is solo, but one can't be too picky.

Then you ought to contact Piss Salon and see what's on offer around his street. Also, Taman Rasuna Apartments are cheaper options than Chewwy's Bat Cave.

#58250 - 09 Aug 07 18:44 Re: Looking for sublet [Re: farnum]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

It's Kristen, aka Johnny...yes my California to New York vernacular encompasses all presented definitions of 'smack talk' - can also be used in competitive verbal jousting ala tennis showdowns.

Chewwy, how long's the sublet for? When you say full furnished does that mean cooking utensils? What's Rexona sensitive? So many unanswered questions...I'll be travelling for 1-2 weeks out of the bulan, so 1050 might be a little steep (although it's a lovely flat Chewwy, don't get me wrong), but I'm thinking about it...unless Mr. Piss....wait that's not it....must scroll up, Piss Salon, has some alternatives. I can dig living in a back house of a keluarga, a room in a house, etc. Preference is solo, but one can't be too picky. I'm a fabulous roommate if I do say so myself - share food and booze happily.

Johhny

If you fancy east java ( which is much better than JKT or Solo, trust me, I know) I may be able to help you. Have to ask what your immigration status is - KITAS or SOSBUD ? Doesn't make a difference to me - but some landlords may need a more formal type of visa. I don't know how much Indo you speak - but think carefully about Solo if you don't speak much - Hotels are OK but perumahan aren't for the faint hearted - there is only fajar indah that is any good and that can be a bit wild west.

I'm fully furnished lengkap - termasuk satu mobil . Close top Juanda International , in one of the best places to stay for friendly people and really good Indo and western nose-bag - not to mention no need for AC (though of course we have it)-
you can PM if you have some interest - or wait until the next gempa bumi when Chewwys apartment will have it's own garden - terserah kowe.

Moderator:  NetCop