Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58033 - 07 Aug 07 17:06 Tommy defiant again
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
It's uncanny how all these New Order boys have such ill health, especially at exactly the same time as they are scheduled to be in court.

--------------------------------------------------------

Tommy Refuses to be Questioned

Tempo Interactive Tuesday, 07 August, 2007 | 15:13 WIB

Tempo Interactive, Jakarta: The defendant of the case of alleged corruption in the Clove Marketing and Buffer Stock (BPPC), Hutomo Mandala Putra a.k.a. Tommy Suharto, is confirmed not being able to fulfill the summons of the Attorney General’s Office (AGO) investigators team. The reason for the absence of the son of the former New Order ruler Suharto, according to his legal advisor O.C. Kaligis is his health. “Tommy must undergo a medical check-up for his head,” he said when contacted Tuesday (7/8).

According to Kaligis, Tommy has been suffering from illness in his head since he was arrested in Nusa Kambangan. However, he could not confirm what exactly is the illness of the “cendana prince”. “It’s the analysis of the doctors team from Australia,” he said. Tommy’s legal advisor will give direct notice regarding the reason for Tommy’s absence of the investigators’ team. He said that the notice contained a request to guarantee the questioning schedule.

In addition, according to OC Kaligis, Tommy is actually not ready to be examined from the material aspect by the investigators’ team. This is because, he said, Tommy does not have much data on BPPC, the party who knows much about BPPC’s finance is the management. “We’re collecting the data, because Tommy doesn’t have it.” In the meantime, Director of Investigation at the AGO, M. Salim, said he did not know about whether or not Tommy will come. He only said that as a good citizen, Tommy should fulfill the AGO’s summon.

The AGO has declared former President Suharto’s youngest son as suspect in the case of alleged corruption of Bank Indonesia Liquidity Assistance (KLBI) at BPPC amounting to Rp175 billion.

Sandy Indra P

#58034 - 07 Aug 07 17:11 Re: Tommy defiant again [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Quoting: Tempo
In the meantime, Director of Investigation at the AGO, M. Salim, said that as a good citizen, Tommy should fulfill the AGO’s summon.

Would that be the same "good citizen" who murdered a Supreme Court Justice in cold blood?

#58235 - 09 Aug 07 14:45 Re: Tommy defiant again [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
Quoting: riccardo
According to Kaligis, Tommy has been suffering from illness in his head since he was arrested in Nusa Kambangan. However, he could not confirm what exactly is the illness of the “cendana prince”. “It’s the analysis of the doctors team from Australia,” he said

Illness in his head??????????????

AIDS, hepaitis C or Cancer is too light for him. That guy is deserved to die! painful way. well, maybe that's too cruel.

At least, he deserved to be handicap!!~

#58259 - 09 Aug 07 21:27 Re: Tommy defiant again [Re: emmajkt]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Handicapped! He already is, he comes from the Suharto family!

Do the maths!

#58266 - 09 Aug 07 23:35 Re: Tommy defiant again [Re: Dilli]
kenyeung Moderator Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Not so much Tommy being defiant as SBY and the Jaksa Agung being groveling subordinates to Suharto and son. SBY does not care a whit about justice. He seeks only to project an image of being concerned.

Same with the Munir case, where SBY has repeatedly lied and broken promises, cos BIN knows his secrets - receiving funds from Cendana and profits from illegal logging.

Pollycarpus, taking a forest out of Tommy's book, was supposed to be back in court on Thursday but failed to show up due to an alleged "illness".

At present I can't think of any mainstream politicians who've had the balls to say they'll prosecute Hendropriyono and Muchdi for masterminding the murder of Munir.

#58405 - 11 Aug 07 13:43 Re: Tommy defiant again [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
"Pollycarpus, taking a forest out of Tommy's book ..."

That's good Kenny. When are you going to write a book? You shoud you know. You must have some time on your hands during the detox process.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop