Rate This Topic
#57873 - 03 Aug 07 17:14 'Airport bomber' is dead
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here

'Airport bomber' is dead

By LUCY HAGAN
August 03, 2007

AIRPORT bomb suspect Kafeel Ahmed died last night from the 90 per cent burns he suffered when his Jeep burst into flames.

The engineer, in a car that was driven into Glasgow Airport, was said to have suffered respiratory failure.

He died alone in a private ward except for a police officer on guard.

Ahmed, 27, had third degree burns to 90 per cent of his body, and doctors knew he would not survive.

But he had been kept on a life support machine and in a coma since the alleged June 30 attack.

The cost of treating and guarding him in intensive care at Glasgow Royal Infirmary was estimated at £30,000 a DAY.

Ahmed, who had worked at the Royal Alexandra Hospital, Paisley, had been treated using a revolutionary process involving sharks.

Inferno ... blazing jeep at Glasgow Airport

It involves a skin substitute made from shark cartilage and cows’ tendons.

A chemical in the shark skin prevents a scar from forming and allows the body to produce a skin-like tissue.

Two doctors accused of terror plots in Glasgow and London will face trial next July.

Torch ... bid to save Ahmed

Iraqi-born Bilal Abdullah, 27, and Jordanian Mohammed Asha, 26, were arrested after cars packed with gas cylinders were found in central London.

Kafeel’s brother Dr Sabeel Ahmed, 26, is due in court on August 13.

Charges have already been dropped against Indian-born Mohammed Haneef, 27, in Australia.

BAGGAGE handler John Smeaton, 31, who tackled a suspect in the Glasgow attack, was hailed a hero by Gordon Brown as they met at No10 yesterday.

#57897 - 05 Aug 07 06:20 Re: 'Airport bomber' is dead [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
i suppose kafeel ahmed would be very surprise when he realise there's no virgins for him and find himself in hell.......... 'If' there is such thing.

#57901 - 05 Aug 07 07:01 Re: 'Airport bomber' is dead [Re: emmajkt]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
He was never going to find a virgin in Glasgow, much less 72 of them!

#57921 - 05 Aug 07 12:52 Re: 'Airport bomber' is dead [Re: Dilli]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
30,000 pounds spent on this "terry wrist"? if it were me, forget it, I would let him burn in hell.

#57944 - 06 Aug 07 07:44 Re: 'Airport bomber' is dead [Re: doremi]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
He did burn in hell! Have you ever been to a Glasgow Hospital!

#57954 - 06 Aug 07 10:54 Re: 'Airport bomber' is dead [Re: Dilli]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Quoting: Dilli
Have you ever been to a Glasgow Hospital!

Sure hope not...If I visit Glasgow next year my plan is to NOT visit the hospital but the romantic castles--change of vacation plan this year, instead I'm going to Hawaii- Hoping next year the Dollar to Euro rate will be better.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop