Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57827 - 02 Aug 07 21:25 Elections, erections
Polisi Cepek Offline
Member*

Loc: Di tengah hutan
Has anyone else noticed the numerous bright orange election banners promoting Mr. Fuzzy Bozo with the slogan "coblos yang berkumis?"

Maybe it's just me but the translation that pops up in my head is: "Penetrate the furry patch".

I wonder if this banner is a deliberate joke / subliminal electoral sex sales pitch.

#57828 - 02 Aug 07 21:49 Re: Elections, erections [Re: Polisi Cepek]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
As PDI-P and Mega used to say: Ingat! Coblos Bencong Putih!

#57830 - 02 Aug 07 22:13 Re: Elections, erections [Re: Polisi Cepek]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: Polisi Cepek
Has anyone else noticed the numerous bright orange election banners promoting Mr. Fuzzy Bozo with the slogan "coblos yang berkumis?"

Maybe it's just me but the translation that pops up in my head is: "Penetrate the furry patch".

I wonder if this banner is a deliberate joke / subliminal electoral sex sales pitch.

Right over their heads if it is - in an attempt to take it seriously "perforate/punch for hairy chops" - I assume that a vote is made by coblos-sing rather than coret-ing ..

On a different subject have you come across an Austrian named Felix who lived in Kemayoran ?

#57831 - 03 Aug 07 06:46 Re: Elections, erections [Re: Polisi Cepek]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Polisi Cepek

orange is supposed to be the colour of his opposite number, adang.

maybe bozo is trying to confuse the voters.

in any case, this election is a choice between an islamist with no experience to really speak of, and an Orba thug. even riccardo would be better than those two!

#57865 - 03 Aug 07 15:19 Re: Elections, erections [Re: KuKuKaChu]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Mega: Ayo Coblos Kumis!

Mega today addressed a rent-a-mob of 10,000 Fauzi Bowo "supporters" at PRJ Kemayoran, rightly telling them better the devil they know (cos he's spent 30 years at City Hall and his opponent's party might end up banning booze, women's rights and sex outside marriage).

"He has lived at City Hall for 30 years. Who else has lived at City Hall? Come on, spear the unshaven lip! Do not abstain or make the wrong choice because 5 minutes at the polling booth will affect the next five years," said Mega.

In related news, a British man with a half-erection died while warming up for a game of tennis.

#57867 - 03 Aug 07 15:30 Re: Elections, erections [Re: kenyeung]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
while there is a real chance of death i would hate to think it will be in the warm up

#57877 - 04 Aug 07 04:35 Re: Elections, erections [Re: kenyeung]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
Quoting: kenyeung
As PDI-P and Mega used to say: Ingat! Coblos Bencong Putih!

haha.. i think it would sound 'moncong' not bencong. Good plesetan kenny

#57886 - 04 Aug 07 14:55 Re: Elections, erections [Re: emmajkt]
Adelheid Agnes Offline
Member+

Will it be day off in Jakarta during election?

#57887 - 04 Aug 07 15:05 Re: Elections, erections [Re: Adelheid Agnes]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Adelheid Agnes
Will it be day off in Jakarta during election?

not in my office it won't!

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA!

#58080 - 08 Aug 07 06:08 Election Day [Re: kenyeung]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

his opponent's party might end up banning booze, women's rights and sex outside marriage)

Having Sutiyoso (and his heir Fauzi Bowo) (and the FBR toe-rags) in charge of Jakarta is vastly preferable to having the city run by religious fundamentalists. Meaning, if you like beer and sex, and donít fancy Islamic law, then donít vote for PKS in August.

I'd like to think that Pete had been reading JakChat, or at least listening to second-hand recycled tripe:

'Mr Moustache' tipped as new Jakarta governor
By Foreign affairs editor Peter Cave
Up to six million registered voters will today take part in Jakarta's first direct democratic elections to elect a governor for the Indonesian capital.

Fauzi Bowo, who represents 19 political parties and is known as "Mr Moustache", is favoured to win over his opponent Adang Daradjatun.

The is partly because of a scare campaign that Mr Daradjatun will introduce Muslim sharia law in fiercely secular Jakarta, and ban alcohol and prostitution.

Current governor Sutiyoso, who was at the centre of a diplomatic incident in Sydney during a recent visit to Australia, has been tipped as Indonesia's next Home Minister.

New South Wales police had entered his hotel room in an attempt to question him about allegations he directed the murder of five Australian newsmen in East Timor in the 1970s.

Edited by kenyeung (08 Aug 07 06:09)

#58081 - 08 Aug 07 06:53 Re: Election Day [Re: kenyeung]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
The roads are eerily quiet, more reminiscent of National Day. In addition, down in Pondok Indah there are tables set out under blue awnings with lots of seats which are blocking certain road enterances.

Are the polling stations being set up on the streets?

#58082 - 08 Aug 07 07:33 Re: Election Day [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

And the SMS's have started. Sorry Pak, I will not be in today as I have to participate in the election.
Bullshit! Go to the poll early and come to work afterwards.

Funny how no-one mentioned this yesterday! Torags!

#58084 - 08 Aug 07 07:42 Re: Election Day [Re: Dilli]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Dilli
And the SMS's have started. Sorry Pak, I will not be in today as I have to participate in the election.

i've told my employees that *if* they have an electors card for today's erection, then they can come in at 11am without having their pay docked. if they don't then it's business as usual. it's now 7:42, and nearly all of my employees are on deck smile

#58086 - 08 Aug 07 07:44 Re: Election Day [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Do they get to keep a stub of their electors card or something to prove they have voted.

What I mean is, can I ask them to bring the card to work tomorrow, no card - no pay?

#58088 - 08 Aug 07 07:50 Re: Election Day [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Do they get to keep a stub of their electors card or something to prove they have voted.

What I mean is, can I ask them to bring the card to work tomorrow, no card - no pay?

No, they cut a digit off. Deduce from that what you will.

#58089 - 08 Aug 07 07:53 Re: Election Day [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu

i've told my employees that *if* they have an electors card for today's erection, then they can come in at 11am without having their pay docked. if they don't then it's business as usual. it's now 7:42, and nearly all of my employees are on deck smile

That's because you are a tight old bugger and your poor javanese employees are frightened of you .

#58090 - 08 Aug 07 07:54 Re: Election Day [Re: Dilli]
Pooh Bah

i'm not sure about that. i think the card may be taken back at the polling booth. in any case, i saw them up yesterday, so it's now too late for them to tell me fibs smile

#58091 - 08 Aug 07 07:58 Re: Election Day [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Well I suppose you could - do you know about "wis ilang" yet ?

Card or no card they will take the time off and expect paying so you may as well just "setuju" - good deal less stressful . I can guarantee that the guy who is fitting my garage door today will also have to vote and he is in a different propinsi.

#58093 - 08 Aug 07 08:04 Re: Election Day [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
That's because you are a tight old bugger and your poor javanese employees are frightened of you .

spot on, capt!

#58095 - 08 Aug 07 08:08 Re: Election Day [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

oh, one of my voting employees has just come into the office. took her 5 minutes on the way to work to vote.

#58100 - 08 Aug 07 08:36 Re: Election Day [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Shesca Offline
Member*

SCTV's covering the (part of) the election right in front of my house. I hope they didnt spot me in my PJ with super messy hair walking in front of them to get some breakfast at the nearby mie ayam joint smile

#58101 - 08 Aug 07 08:56 Re: Election Day [Re: Shesca]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Shesca
I hope they didnt spot me in my PJ with super messy hair walking in front of them to get some breakfast at the nearby mie ayam joint smile

what a frightening sight you must be first thing in the morning ...

#58102 - 08 Aug 07 08:57 Re: Election Day [Re: Shesca]
Adelheid Agnes Offline
Member+

It is LIBUR in my jakarta office smile Too bad I am in Medan and no day off here frown

#58116 - 08 Aug 07 12:59 Re: Election Day [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Quoting: Shesca
I hope they didnt spot me in my PJ with super messy hair walking in front of them to get some breakfast at the nearby mie ayam joint smile

what a frightening sight you must be first thing in the morning ...

TOTALLY!!!
But I asked them and they said they had their breakfast. Huge relief on my part

Moderator:  NetCop