Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57781 - 02 Aug 07 08:37 New and Interesting ways to make money.
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
While having to go through the process of renewing one of the 30 billion business licenses we have to carry in Indonesia, I have been informed of another new regulation.

Now I am new to Indonesia so I could be wrong but as far as I know JAMSOSTEK payments are made to the Indonesian government to cover (amongst other things)employee accidents at work. Seems reasonable to me and I am happy to pay up. What amazes me is that the Jakarta government have also introduced a second employee accident cover scheme which they tell me I MUST use or I will not be issued the renewed license.

I am not an angry man but i feel the time is right for a holiday outside of Indonesia for fear that I may end up stabbing a "government official" or two. No doubt when I plunge the knife deep in to the worms heart for the 40th time he will still be smiling and trying to get money out of me

#57783 - 02 Aug 07 08:45 Re: New and Interesting ways to make money. [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
ask a government official if you need a licence, and the answer is always "yes".

there is no other compulsory workers insurance apart from Jamsostek. anyone who says otherwise is a liar, and has probably got some scam running with a bogus insurance company.

do nothing. and see what happens.

#57796 - 02 Aug 07 10:00 Re: New and Interesting ways to make money. [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: chewwyUK
While having to go through the process of renewing one of the 30 billion business licenses we have to carry in Indonesia, I have been informed of another new regulation.

Now I am new to Indonesia so I could be wrong but as far as I know JAMSOSTEK payments are made to the Indonesian government to cover (amongst other things)employee accidents at work. Seems reasonable to me and I am happy to pay up. What amazes me is that the Jakarta government have also introduced a second employee accident cover scheme which they tell me I MUST use or I will not be issued the renewed license.

I am not an angry man but i feel the time is right for a holiday outside of Indonesia for fear that I may end up stabbing a "government official" or two. No doubt when I plunge the knife deep in to the worms heart for the 40th time he will still be smiling and trying to get money out of me

Wait until the baby turns up (and you get it easy with the new regulations) - take your holiday then .

Moderator:  NetCop