Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57701 - 01 Aug 07 01:35 Jakarta
Bas1977 Offline

Loc: Netherlands,rotterdam
Hey all,

Im Bas...
Im gonna be in jakarta in november for a couple a days....
Its my first time in jakarta..where do you have to have seen when u are in jakarta....
im traveling alone and im single..which restaurant/clubs ore bars do you recommend for the evening/night time....
And which hotel is nice for a nice price...
Thanks in advance Bas

#57704 - 01 Aug 07 08:26 Re: Jakarta [Re: Bas1977]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Welcome Bass .....

Depends what you want to do while in Jakarta. It is not what I would call a tourist city with lots to do but there are one or two points of interest. As you seem to be mentioning clubs I will start there:

Blok M: A number of bars on a small street. Known as being packed full of young girls looking to make a little money. In truth about 60% of the bars are like this and the other 40% you can have a few beers without any being approached every two minutes.

Good Bars: There is a Dutch guy in Jakarta who knows what you want in a good drinking establishment. Cold beer, friendly service and a few bar games. His bars are Bugils, Cazbar, Eastern Promise and DeHooi

Hotel Bars: Hotel bars will be expensive .. expensive drinks=expesnive women. BATS, CJ's etc all the same. Terrible bands playing cover song after cover song. Unless you are in the mood for expensive very willing women these are probably best avoided.

Night Clubs: Down to personal choice but for me you cant go wrong with Red Square. Others may prefer Public or Dragon Fly which are also good fun. Doesn't matter where you start off you will always en your night at Stadium. Good variety of Dance, live music and "special rooms"

Jalan Jaksa: Good place to go to get very wasted for not very much money

#57727 - 01 Aug 07 12:54 Re: Jakarta [Re: chewwyUK]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

More things to do in Jakarta:

If you are into heavy duty, 24-hour clubbing complete with internationally known DJs, pink medication and laser light show to trip on, you need to go to a club called Stadium (link to their website http://stadiumjakarta.com )just off of Jalan (street) Gajah Mada near the "kota" section of Jakarta about 3km north of Jalan Jaksa.

For a lot more info on Jalan Jaksa scroll down in this site to the "jalan jaksa" forum and check each place.

Alternatively, if you're gay or like rubbing shoulders with gay fellas, then you'll want to just go across Jalan Gaja Madah to a club called MoonLight. It's wall-to-wall rent boys, loud music and toilets that you wouldn't let your dog use.

Across the alley way from the Stadium club is the 2001 Club, which has some higher-class hookers, some from Eastern Europe and mainland China.

Also, if you like to hang with rich, horny Arab guys, there's an interesting club in Cikini, (central Jakarta, just west of Menteng) called Tiga Kuda. Plenty of local gals hang out there too and most seem interested in making a buck for services rendered.

Other members here on JakChat that may have more intimate knowledge of the above places include Kenyeung, Roy's Hair and Piss Salon.

#57728 - 01 Aug 07 13:01 Re: Jakarta [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: riccardo
Other members here on JakChat that may have more intimate knowledge of the above places include Kenyeung, Roy's Hair and Piss Salon.

our resident whoremongers smile

#57735 - 01 Aug 07 14:15 Re: Jakarta [Re: Bas1977]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
go to museum... its good !!! consider our country history is connected one and another!

#57736 - 01 Aug 07 14:31 Re: Jakarta [Re: emmajkt]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

yes to to the museum dutch boy and see what crimes the Dutch committed during the colonial years ...

#57737 - 01 Aug 07 14:33 Re: Jakarta [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: chewwyUK
yes to to the museum dutch boy and see what crimes the Dutch committed during the colonial years ...

Yeh , all that education,infrastructure and discipline - place didn't need that .

#57738 - 01 Aug 07 14:36 Re: Jakarta [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

hmmm -- Well lets face it captain ... the Brits may have been bastards but when you look at our colonies most are in pretty good shape. All went a bit Pete Tong here .. It amazes me to hear somebody saying "i wish the British had colonized us"

#57745 - 01 Aug 07 15:05 Re: Jakarta [Re: chewwyUK]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

lol chewwy,seriously, i do wish british colonized indo, at some point... laugh

#57750 - 01 Aug 07 15:19 Re: Jakarta [Re: emmajkt]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: emmajkt
lol chewwy,seriously, i do wish british colonized indo, at some point... laugh

ahh, but the british *did* colonise the east indies, for a period of a couple of years during the Napaleonic wars, from 1811 to 1816.

also, in 1824, the english exchanged their sumatran settlements for the dutch settlements on the malay peninsula.

the governor of the east indies from 1811 was none other than Stanford Raffles, the person credited with "founding" singapore.

Edited by KuKuKaChu (01 Aug 07 15:20)
Edit Reason: can't spel

#57751 - 01 Aug 07 15:20 Re: Jakarta [Re: emmajkt]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
JP ran an article on "what if the British had colonised Indonesia" some time back. The general concensus was that Indonesians today wished it had happened.

#57754 - 01 Aug 07 15:28 Re: Jakarta [Re: emmajkt]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The English did colonize Indo -- from 1811 to 1815. And in late 1945 to 1946, the Brits were the de facto administrators of most aspects of Indonesia as the Japs were struggling to pull out and the Dutch were struggling to get their shit together after being destroyed by... well everyone they fought from 1939 to 1945.

#57755 - 01 Aug 07 15:32 Re: Jakarta [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Thomas Stamford Raffles was actually the Lt. Governor of Java, but fancied himself as the rightful successor to the Javanese Kings.

#57756 - 01 Aug 07 15:33 Re: Jakarta [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

And the Americans actually controlled the Molluccas for a time.

#57773 - 01 Aug 07 22:46 Re: Jakarta [Re: riccardo]
Bas1977 Offline

Loc: Netherlands,rotterdam
Hey, thanks all for the reply's and tips.

A museum i could visit...if there were woman looking liku u emmajkt wink...no offence

Edited by Bas1977 (01 Aug 07 23:17)

#57774 - 01 Aug 07 23:14 Re: Jakarta [Re: riccardo]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Quoting: riccardo

This is slander. I have never been to any naughty discos or fondled any pert, tight, nubile....er...will you excuse me a second

#57776 - 02 Aug 07 08:16 Re: Jakarta [Re: Roy's Hair]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

so did, british were in indo. But they need to stay here abit longer. one hundred years at least, indo would be much better than HK or singapore... oh well. Indonesia became independent not even one hundred years yet, so it will eventually get better in the future, my beloved country.

Moderator:  NetCop