Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57625 - 30 Jul 07 23:58 LCD People
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
LCD, or Lowest Common Denominator, literally means the lowest number that you can divide a fraction by (e.g. 40/80 is equal to 1/2, thus 2 is the LCD) but LCD has taken on a new meaning in recent years, and basically means dumbing down everything to "reach" the dumbest people, which also happen to be the large majority of people in every society.

It's laziness essentially. Marketers, website admin people, journalists, entertainers, politicians, NASCAR advertisers they've all jumped on the LCD bandwagon. Rather than trying to raise the tone and strive for some "consciousness raising" among friends, acquaintances and fellow travelers, society's leaders now prefer the lazy LCD approach, and you get what we see here all around us -- dumbing down, ZERO constructive dialog, no vision and just mindless bullshit.

#57632 - 31 Jul 07 07:01 Re: LCD People [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Does that include the threads on GRS&B?

#57671 - 31 Jul 07 11:22 Re: LCD People [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Dilli
Does that include the threads on GRS&B?

Ideally, NO...but in actual fact, YES many of the threads do eventually degenerate to that level.

Is that the answer you were hoping for?

#57672 - 31 Jul 07 11:28 Re: LCD People [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Just wondering....

#57685 - 31 Jul 07 14:39 Re: LCD People [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
that's right - don't let fact get in the way of showing just your side of the story -

www.cyberlearning.org/K-8math.asp

It is a rather good course and pays particular attention to explaining the difference between LCD's and of course reductions.

Edited by Capt. Mainwaring (31 Jul 07 16:24)
Edit Reason: using a smiths predictor to control a feed forward temperature loop

#57688 - 31 Jul 07 14:58 Re: LCD People [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

And how about you find someone else to obsess over, to fixate on and act like a stalker to. Stalkers are really the saddest members of any society.

You see, there is always a point at which any thread begins to deteriorate to the LCD level and it always begins with witless, personal insults and an attempt to make others' points of view seem less than credible. You obviously can't deal with a normal discussion where people just debate/discuss the issues, so scoot on back to your little cave and leave me alone. I'm totally serious. DO NOT respond to anything I post on this site ever again. Just forget about me, and move on to another fixation, thanks.

#57690 - 31 Jul 07 15:38 Re: LCD People [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

oh lets stop all this and talk about tits and farts.

yours truly,

LCD

Moderator:  NetCop