Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57339 - 26 Jul 07 07:33 Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s)
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
Those who were married before know what it took and the consequences. Yet we still want to give it another try. Some manage to make it a successful one and the last one, while for others its another (or even more) bitter pill they have to swallow. Some told me being married to anybody is the same. We will end up with the same shit anyway.
So my question is... what to do and not to do when it comes to giving the (supposedly) decision of the lifetime commitment another try.

#57341 - 26 Jul 07 07:38 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: Shesca]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Dont do it!

I've tried it twice and it sucks, but, I think, as the one on the forum who enjoys the taste of wedding cake that Kuku should be able to answer this one!

#57345 - 26 Jul 07 07:45 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: Dilli]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
something that many people refuse to believe is that marriage relationships are not "forever". sure, some might last a long time, but in a biological sense they were never designed to endure more than 4-5 years; basically, the length of time required to raise a child to a survivable age.

ever hear of the 7-year itch? well, in fact, it's a 4-year itch.

so, when your marriage "fails", don't be too messed up about it. just find another partner. or more, as required. this is what nature intended.

#57346 - 26 Jul 07 07:50 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Funnily enough I believe in that as well!

#57351 - 26 Jul 07 08:06 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

being new to this wedding game I am kinda taking the idealistic approach and hope that things last forever

#57353 - 26 Jul 07 08:08 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: chewwyUK]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: chewwyUK
being new to this wedding game I am kinda taking the idealistic approach and hope that things last forever

good grief. fucking hopeless romantic ...

#57354 - 26 Jul 07 08:12 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

There is a sucker born every minute!

#57374 - 26 Jul 07 12:21 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: KuKuKaChu]
bonita Offline
Member+++

Loc: at my desk
Quoting: KuKuKaChu

Ooo, now I understand why my French teacher said the same thing.

#57388 - 26 Jul 07 19:06 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Shesca Offline
Member*

something that many people refuse to believe is that marriage relationships are not "forever". sure, some might last a long time, but in a biological sense they were never designed to endure more than 4-5 years; basically, the length of time required to raise a child to a survivable age.

so, when your marriage "fails", don't be too messed up about it. just find another partner. or more, as required. this is what nature intended.

Wow, my marriage last for 5 years.. Or is it a coincidence?

#57389 - 26 Jul 07 19:07 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: Dilli]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Quoting: Dilli
Dont do it!

I've tried it twice and it sucks, but, I think, as the one on the forum who enjoys the taste of wedding cake that Kuku should be able to answer this one!

Despite the fact that it ended, I prefer to be married than single. Or am I crazy...?

#57390 - 26 Jul 07 19:15 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: Shesca]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Shesca

Wow, my marriage last for 5 years.. Or is it a coincidence?

no, it ain't a coincidence. trust me. i'm a sociologist. we know these things.

#57391 - 26 Jul 07 19:21 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

for a scholarly discussion of this, see http://jakchat.com/public/polygamy/4yearitch.htm

#57393 - 26 Jul 07 19:54 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: bonita]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Quoting: bonita

Ooo, now I understand why my French teacher said the same thing.

It starts in the early teens as a four-second itch (though most of us had to relieve ourselves manually) and increases with age till marriage is forced upon us when we run out of things to talk about or want children. Hence, four-year itch, seven-year itch etc etc. Certain members of this forum, who I will not name for reasons of taste, have itches that can only be scratched when the blue pills kick in. Kuku is strange for a white man in that he has a four-wife itch, which, for most of us, is one of those annoying itches you can scratch.

#57400 - 26 Jul 07 22:25 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: Shesca]
Traveller Offline

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: Shesca
So my question is... what to do and not to do when it comes to giving the (supposedly) decision of the lifetime commitment another try.

What to do is not to decide that this one is a lifetime commitment. Nothing is forever, the only certainty is the uncertainty. If it makes you happy, why not do it, as far as both agree that it may not last forever, everything will be easier and may add another happiness for both.

#57401 - 26 Jul 07 22:29 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: Traveller]
Traveller Offline

Loc: Indonesia
Indonesian song:

Engkau bukan yang pertama tapi pasti yang terakhir.....

Thats wrong! The right one is:

Engkau bukan yang pertama juga bukan yang terakhir....

You only can sing the first lyric when you are dying.

#57409 - 27 Jul 07 07:22 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: Traveller]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Quoting: Traveller
Indonesian song:

Engkau bukan yang pertama tapi pasti yang terakhir.....

Thats wrong! The right one is:

Engkau bukan yang pertama juga bukan yang terakhir....

You only can sing the first lyric when you are dying.

For me the lyric should be:
Engkau yg pertama dan juga yg terakhir...(damn good) I am enjoying it even after all those years, forever...I am working on forever.

Shes, your prince charming is waiting for you. You may have to kiss lots of frogs...

#57414 - 27 Jul 07 07:40 Re: Marriage after One (or more) Failed One(s) [Re: doremi]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
Marriage is a scary thought, i see everybody around me getting marry. Some happy some not.

It is need a lot of thinking, it takes years to really know the one that we think we love. There are so many things we have to consider before decide to tight the knot. I just believe everbody will change with time. The question is will you wanna be with the person in the next ten years, when there would be less chemistry and romance.

There's no marriage happiliy ever after, when you decided to marry someone, its like giving some space to another life. Fusion of two different world. Its a hard work, especially coming from different background.

Marriage is not important, why should make everything complicated if you already happy. If you have kids, its a different story

Moderator:  NetCop