Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57239 - 25 Jul 07 09:27 DPR morons
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
DPR morons at it again. seems one made a suggestion that HIV positive people be injected with with a microchip transmitter so that they can be "monitored".

fortunately, a sensible member of the DPR, Ribka Tjiptaning Proletariyati, spoke up against it.

one wonders, however, how such a sensible member managed to survive the Orde Baru with a name like that ...

Komisi IX DPR Kritik Rencana Pengidap HIV Papua Diberi Sinyal

Nograhany Widhi K - detikcom

Jakarta - DPR Papua membuat rencana peraturan pemasangan mikrochip pemberi sinyal pada penderita HIV agar bisa memantau perilaku mereka. Rencana ini dikritik Komisi IX DPR bisa kontraproduktif, pengidap akan takut melaporkan sakitnya.

"Nanti para penderita itu malah takut melapor. Karena mereka kan tidak mau gerak-geriknya diawasi," ujar Ketua Komisi IX DPR Ribka Tjiptaning Proletariyati kepada detikcom, Rabu (25/7/2007).

Jika hal itu terjadi, mempunyai efek yang lebih berbahaya dalam jangka panjang. Para penderita HIV nanti malah terdata tidak akurat. Apalagi, Papua adalah daerah endemik HIV.

Perlakuan penanaman mikrochip itu, lanjutnya membuat penderita HIV seperti distigma. Padahal, penderita HIV ingin diperlakukan seperti orang-orang yang normal pada umumnya.

"Cara-cara seperti itu bukan solusi. Dulu penderita kusta yang distigma, sekarang penderita HIV," tegasnya.

Ribka menilai cara-cara tersebut melanggar hak asasi manusia (HAM) Dalam UUD 1945 disebutkan bahwa tiap-tiap warga negara punya hak yang sama.

"Iya, melanggar HAM. Mereka kan merasa diawasi," tuturnya.

Namun, DPR komisi IX belum mengetahui rencana DPR Papua tersebut. "Belum dengar. Nanti akan saya beri masukan," tandasnya.
(nwk/aba)

#57268 - 25 Jul 07 11:44 Re: DPR morons [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
The orde baru guys were pretty sure they didn't like communists (even though they didn't/don't know exactly what that means) and would have been/still are too ignorant to even know what proletariat means or signifies.

#57269 - 25 Jul 07 11:57 Re: DPR morons [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
Yep, DPR, MPR, DPU, BPK, MA, gubernur2, menteri2 dan wakil dan presiden. All morons!!

#57272 - 25 Jul 07 12:19 Re: DPR morons [Re: emmajkt]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
If I'm elected Governor of this fare city, I'll totally convert the DPR/MPR complex into a state-of-the-art hospice with experimental medicine for HIV/AIDS patients and Jakarta-based Papuans.

I won't kick out the "national" legislators, they will still have the option of doing their business there, albeit alongside full-blown AIDS patients buzzing on experimental medication.

#57307 - 25 Jul 07 16:46 Re: DPR morons [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Lawmakers in Indonesia's Papua are mulling the selective use of chip implants in HIV carriers to monitor their behaviour in a bid to keep them from infecting others, a doctor said Tuesday.
John Manangsang, a doctor who is helping to prepare a new healthcare regulation bill for Papua's provincial parliament, said that unusual measures were needed to combat the virus.

"We in the government in Papua have to think hard on ways to provide protection to people from the spread of the disease," Manangsang told AFP.

"Some of the infected people experience a change of behaviour and can turn more aggressive and would not think twice of infecting others," he alleged, saying lawmakers were considering various sanctions for these people.

"Among one of the means being considered is the monitoring of those infected people who can pose a danger to others," Manangsang said.

"The use of chip implants is one of the ways to do so, but only for those few who turn aggressive and clearly continue to disregard what they know about the disease and spread the virus to others," he said.

A decision was still a long way off, he added.

The head of the Papua chapter of the National AIDS Commission, Constant Karma, reportedly slammed the proposal as a violation of human rights.

"People with HIV/AIDS are not like sharks under observation so that they have to be implanted with microchips to monitor their movements," he told The Jakarta Post on Tuesday.

"Any form of identification of people with HIV/AIDS violates human rights."

According to data from Papua's health office cited by the Post, the province has just over 3,000 people living with HIV/AIDS. Some 356 deaths have been reported. Papua has a population of about 2.5 million.

#57312 - 25 Jul 07 17:20 Re: DPR morons [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Piss Salon
The head of the Papua chapter of the National AIDS Commission, Constant Karma, reportedly slammed the proposal as a violation of human rights.

Constant Karma?! that man's folks must have been stoned out their heads when they gave him that name!! smile

#57367 - 26 Jul 07 10:47 Re: DPR morons [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Hahahahaha. Missed that. Up there with recently departed Cardinal Sin from the Philippines.

Edited by Piss Salon (26 Jul 07 10:47)
Edit Reason: The wrath of God

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop