Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57150 - 23 Jul 07 23:58 FUCKING RAPISTS
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
FUCK ME! THE INTERNET SUCKS IN THIS BACKWARD, CORRUPT SHITHOLE! PRICES GO UP, SPEED AND SERVICE KEEP GOING DOWN! IT'S FUCKING EXTORTION... WE'RE GETTING FUCKING RAPED! And nobody is willing to mention the fucking the elephant in the room and say:
FUCKING RAPISTS

THEY'RE LAUGHING, OF COURSE...

KABELVISION AND CENTRIN AND ALL THE OTHER FUCKING PISS-ANT ISPs in this fucking backward, banana republic.

They don't fucking get it. They look at internet and computers as some luxury plaything for the rich, the bules, the companies -- all of whom have "deep pockets" and thus they think they can take the piss, do some highway robbery and laugh about it. They don't fucking understand that this country is falling behind by the minute in this era of globalization! The internet isn't a luxury plaything anymore, it's an absolute necessity for the citizens of every country. It's as vital as water, electricity and rice. They don't fucking get that, because the powers-that-be - these thug animals who've taken over the zoo - are illiterate fuckwits. They are rent-seeking fools with no concept of the big picture. They will swear their allegiance to the merah-putih, Sabang to Merauke and all the other nationalistic jingoism, but they are TOO fucking ignorant to realize they are anal raping their own beloved nation now and in the future.

Does anybody else realize this? Or give a shit? Hello... Indonesia it's fucking 2007, not 1407!

#57151 - 24 Jul 07 00:34 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

They don't fucking get IT, because the powers-that-be - these thug animals who've taken over the zoo - are illiterate fuckwits. They are rent-seeking fools with no concept of the big picture. They will swear their allegiance to the merah-putih, Sabang to Merauke and all the other nationalistic jingoism, but they are TOO fucking ignorant to realize they are anal raping their own beloved nation now and in the future.

Does anybody else realize this? Or give a shit? Hello... Indonesia it's fucking 2007, not 1407!

---------------------------------------
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Flash floods and landslides in central Indonesia inundated villages, destroyed bridges and roads, and sent thousands fleeing their homes, officials said Monday. At least 39 people were killed.

The toll was expected to rise following days of torrential rain, with dozens more missing and rescuers only starting to reach isolated areas in the disaster zone, said Brig. Gen. Badrodin Haiti, a Sulawesi island police chief.

"Residents say some family members have been buried since last night,"

#57152 - 24 Jul 07 07:01 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
just another day in paradise ...

#57153 - 24 Jul 07 07:11 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Shesca Offline
Member*

I love Phil Collins

#57154 - 24 Jul 07 07:22 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: Shesca]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Shesca
I love Phil Collins

phil collins clearly loves indonesia ... why would he sing about it so often?

#57159 - 24 Jul 07 09:41 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: KuKuKaChu]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
so what's your point?.......

#57160 - 24 Jul 07 09:44 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: naga]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I would have said a "skinfull of beer"

#57164 - 24 Jul 07 10:48 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: naga]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: naga

If you were referring to me, this is my point:

They don't fucking understand that this country is falling behind -- by the minute -- in this era of globalization! The internet isn't a luxury plaything anymore, it's an absolute necessity for the citizens of every country. It's as vital as water, electricity and rice.

#57166 - 24 Jul 07 11:30 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
ricc, i do think it is necessary for every citizen to have internet everywhere. I do understand there's a lot of 'fucking rapist' in indo.

But there is the difference what considering 'luxury' for so many people. For example, in 20 million Jakarta resident, i would say there would be only around 5 million people who had internet at their home, i would say maybe less. Why? because i do think not everyone who live in Jakarta have a computer. I even doubt half of Jakarta population know how to use it. I'm talking about abang bajai, ibu2 tukang warung, mba2 dipasar, abang ojek, pelayan toko, satpam etc. I don't think they know to use internet. And some people that able to use internet, it don't mean that they have it....

So what is the luxury for them? maybe one of 'em is internet. Not every girl who lives in Jakarta can even have the luxury to follow the recent story of stupid paris hilton and hollywood celebrity in cable TV. That is a luxury. To be able to grab a taxi instead of bus, for some indonesians is a luxury too... So what is not luxury for you can be luxury for someone else. I bet the thing that you will say luxury is a yacht or dining out in the Rockpool, or having 2 million dollar mansion, for some people, they don't even know what is yacht, or where is Rockpool. So yes, talking about luxury. People have different perception.

#57167 - 24 Jul 07 11:55 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: emmajkt]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Well that's the whole point Emma. If the government puts a luxury tax on computers, internet and the ISPs, and ALSO does NOT provide computers for schools or other adult training classes, then it just gets worse and nobody learns. The whole point is that the internet needs to be similarly available to people as electricity, rice and water. Similarly affordable with training for computer/internet newbies or uneducated folks. There is no other way, and it has nothing to do with MY perception of luxury. It's about the world. It's not just about the little backward kampungs here. If Indonesians continue to look at it like some sort of luxury that's not feasible for the people, it never will be and Indonesia will continue to fade behind other countries. I was in West Africa a few years ago and the government was working with UN agencies to provide free computers and internet and training to people.

There were free "warnets" all over the country and little kids and old people knew how to use them. Indonesia has flatly refused that kind of help from the UN, because your government still thoroughly enjoys raping of all of us (current users and regular citizens who've never used a computer) and continues to work in collusion with the ISPs and related IT companies.

Emma, I agree to a point about what you say, but at the end of the day, that mindset is defeatist and it really sounds too much like what the government people say to justify NOT allowing regular citizens affordable, high-quality access to the internet -- with plenty of bandwidth for all to enjoy and learn.

#57169 - 24 Jul 07 12:23 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

I totally agree with you about the government in Indo, they are a total dickhead. They never do anything to make them feel good about themselves, Taking responsibilities instead of 'racing' to make them and their family richer, following their 'gengsi' mentality, what a bunch of losers.

They want to look good and ningrat, so other can respect and admire them. They would never 'really' feel respected, if they don't wanna help their own people. They don't even really respect themselves. They all freakin losers.

#57170 - 24 Jul 07 12:27 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

but ric if the government educated the population, gave them access to computers and the resources of the internet, they would then have to look at taking the drastic step of giving health care, safe transportation, clean water ways ... for Christ sake the list would never end. No, It's much better to keep the masses ignorant to ensure personal wealth over national wealth

#57172 - 24 Jul 07 12:38 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: chewwyUK]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Quote:
but ric if the government educated the population, gave them access to computers and the resources of the internet, they would then have to look at taking the drastic step of giving health care, safe transportation, clean water ways ... for Christ sake the list would never end.

its their responsibilities!!!!!

Quote:
No, It's much better to keep the masses ignorant to ensure personal wealth over national wealth

I can't believe you in their side chewwy! swear

#57173 - 24 Jul 07 12:43 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: emmajkt]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

ummm ... that was the point i was trying to make Emma.

Maybe my razor sharp English wit lost something in internet translation

#57174 - 24 Jul 07 12:46 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: emmajkt]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Emma, Chewwy's not siding with those fools, he's mocking them with his sardonic wit and by being sarcastic about the crap they are doing and how they are raping us all.

#57175 - 24 Jul 07 12:50 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

hehehe, i should've seen. blush sorry chewwy

#57186 - 24 Jul 07 13:55 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: emmajkt]
naga Offline
Member++

dude, what's with you and rape? particularly anal rape...that first polemic is rather disturbing...

there's seems to be a re-ocurring pattern there...

#57188 - 24 Jul 07 14:07 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: naga]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

because merely saying they are "messing with us", or "screwing us over" would be letting them off too lightly.

BTW, it's "rape" in the figurative sense.

#57189 - 24 Jul 07 14:11 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: riccardo
FUCK ME! THE INTERNET SUCKS IN THIS BACKWARD, CORRUPT SHITHOLE! PRICES GO UP, SPEED AND SERVICE KEEP GOING DOWN! IT'S FUCKING EXTORTION... WE'RE GETTING FUCKING RAPED! And nobody is willing to mention the fucking the elephant in the room and say:
FUCKING RAPISTS

THEY'RE LAUGHING, OF COURSE...

KABELVISION AND CENTRIN AND ALL THE OTHER FUCKING PISS-ANT ISPs in this fucking backward, banana republic.

They don't fucking get it. They look at internet and computers as some luxury plaything for the rich, the bules, the companies -- all of whom have "deep pockets" and thus they think they can take the piss, do some highway robbery and laugh about it. They don't fucking understand that this country is falling behind by the minute in this era of globalization! The internet isn't a luxury plaything anymore, it's an absolute necessity for the citizens of every country. It's as vital as water, electricity and rice. They don't fucking get that, because the powers-that-be - these thug animals who've taken over the zoo - are illiterate fuckwits. They are rent-seeking fools with no concept of the big picture. They will swear their allegiance to the merah-putih, Sabang to Merauke and all the other nationalistic jingoism, but they are TOO fucking ignorant to realize they are anal raping their own beloved nation now and in the future.

But you said that you got exceptional service from "the IP police" when you were getting those funny deliveries.

#57190 - 24 Jul 07 14:16 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Dilli
I would have said a "skinfull of beer"

That Pays d'Oc must be powerful stuff, and at 100,000 rp for a bottle , so it should be .

#57191 - 24 Jul 07 14:22 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: naga

If you were referring to me, this is my point:

They don't fucking understand that this country is falling behind -- by the minute -- in this era of globalization! The internet isn't a luxury plaything anymore, it's an absolute necessity for the citizens of every country. It's as vital as water, electricity and rice.

I think it is you duty as a TjiongMerIndo citizen to throw open your doors and invite all the mbak2 and mas2 to use your internet connection 24/7 - and while you are at it get the wife to lay on a few jajanan.

#57194 - 24 Jul 07 14:51 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
naga Offline
Member++

"BTW, it's "rape" in the figurative sense. "

ohh, right, i thought they actually came into your home and anally raped you....

#57198 - 24 Jul 07 15:02 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

---------------------------------------
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Flash floods and landslides in central Indonesia inundated villages, destroyed bridges and roads, and sent thousands fleeing their homes, officials said Monday. At least 39 people were killed.

The toll was expected to rise following days of torrential rain, with dozens more missing and rescuers only starting to reach isolated areas in the disaster zone, said Brig. Gen. Badrodin Haiti, a Sulawesi island police chief.

"Residents say some family members have been buried since last night,"

THE FLOODED SMALLHOLDER
Ian Wright, 48, lives in a smallholding in Greaves Lane in High Green, near the Chapeltown area of Sheffield.

He said a stream called Blackburn Brook which runs directly past his house burst its banks, with 2ft of water washing over his garden and then inside.

He lost 20 chickens and spent the day digging trenches to try to keep the water away, although he could not keep it out of his home and some of his carpets were ruined.

Ian Wright's family home has been flooded before

Mr Wright said: "It was terrible, I thought we were going to lose the house.

"The river broke its banks and about 2ft of water ran over the garden.

"We've got away quite lightly compared to some but we have lost carpets, the kitchen units and decorations.

"We have had flooding before but never anything like this.

"It was very quick when it came, I was frantically trying to stop the water coming into the house. We dug ditches out and to a large degree it worked as we would have been under about 3ft of water - it was awful."

Mr Wright, who lives with his wife Vicky, also 48, and their nine-year-old son Jack, said they were also affected by flooding just two weeks ago, but water did not come into the house then.

He said he was angry with the council because drains in the road outside his home were blocked, with one tarmacked over - so water could not drain away.

THE GP WITH NO ELECTRICITY
Dr Andrew Thake, 30, is a GP in the Hillsborough area of Sheffield.

He said his surgery had been without electricity since Monday afternoon and it was not expected to be restored until at least Wednesday.

He said: "The rumours have been going - we've been told tomorrow, but some people have said it could be three days. Apparently the sub-station is under 5ft of water.

I left my car at the surgery and ran home last night and ran back in this morning, because all the roads where I live were under water

Dr Andrew Thake

"All our phones are down and we've got no computers, we can't do an awful lot, but our patients are fairly sensible and while the power's off not many of them are coming down.

"We have had some patients coming down with things like chest pain, but anything worse than that and we've been having to send them to hospital.

"But we will stay open for the hours we normally would be and we will see people who need to be seen.

"The roads around the surgery aren't too bad, but people have been evacuated from the Winn Gardens Estate, which is where many of our patients live.

"I left my car at the surgery and ran home last night and ran back in this morning, because all the roads where I live were under water. I wouldn't fancy trying to drive.

"A lot of the staff have come in even though they've got no electricity at home and haven't been able to shower. There's no cups of tea to be had but we are fully staffed."

#57199 - 24 Jul 07 15:03 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: naga]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
noone rapes the UCLA Massive wrestling champ. It would have to have been a date rape.

#57208 - 24 Jul 07 16:46 Re: FUCKING RAPISTS [Re: Roy's Hair]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

By the way, another blogger here in Jakarta also had some frustration with Kabelvision recently:

http://theunspunblog.com/2007/07/20/kabel-vision-sucks-does-james-do-anything-right/#comment-19277

If your broadband internet connection goes down, just try getting Customer Care of Kabelvision and see if you do not die of frustration.

Our office internet has been down since yesterday. We called Kabelvision and after many times got through and were told that the disruption was because of server migration. If they were migrating their servers, shouldn’t they be informing customers way before of possible disruptions?

/.../
This is another case of what’s wrong with this country. Too few players and the existing ones are those who succeed because they suck up to the powers that be rather than do a good job. Competition is distorted and the well-connected and unctuous prosper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop