Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57146 - 23 Jul 07 20:03 so hard to find a job in indonesia
rafael alejandro Offline

Loc: spain
How difficult is to find a job or something to get money from as to live in indonesia for westerners?how do they do to live in indonesia westerners?what kind of jobs or business they do?I am already so bored of sending my cv and asking jobs to any company(to schools,to mining companies,to export and more) in indonesia for the last 3 years and still cannot find job in indonesia.I wish to live in indonesia as my wife is indonesian but without money is difficult.Only very high qualified and experienced people can get a job?
best regards

#57147 - 23 Jul 07 20:06 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: rafael alejandro]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: rafael alejandro
Only very high qualified and experienced people can get a job?

you got it.

#57158 - 24 Jul 07 08:13 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
You really do need to have a desired skill and even then you will find it hard to get a job unless you are based in indonesia as companies wont want to gamble taking on somebody from outside indonesia as to much can go wrong.

Your best bet is to find a spanish speaking expat group and bombard the members with your CV and ask for advice .. they may take pity and tell you where there is a job

it sucks but thats the way it is

#57184 - 24 Jul 07 13:43 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Financial planning, English teaching, recruiting and starting a business seem to be popular options for the unqualified. ;-)

#57192 - 24 Jul 07 14:27 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

can somebody edit out the recruitment option ....

you have to be highly qualified with a commitment to service, professionalism and delivery

#57197 - 24 Jul 07 14:59 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: chewwyUK]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
drug dealing, pimping...

#57201 - 24 Jul 07 15:16 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Quoting: chewwyUK
can somebody edit out the recruitment option ....

you have to be highly qualified with a commitment to service, professionalism and delivery

I thought these were the qualities needed for love-making, not recruiting.

#58153 - 08 Aug 07 20:39 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: Piss Salon]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Loc: melbourne australia
must say with the whole recruitment thing.

recruiters these days have no soul. you really gotta know someone that has a specific need before you'll get anywhere

#58179 - 09 Aug 07 08:53 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: yourfather]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

"recruiters these days have no soul"

better to say ......

"I love and respect recruitment consultants. They fill a real need and provide excellent value for money"

You may not mean it but you will probably find that they work a lot harder for you. Maybe even give you a call when one of the better jobs comes in.

#58185 - 09 Aug 07 09:16 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Some people talk a load of shit sometimes.... smile

#58186 - 09 Aug 07 09:20 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: Dilli]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Dilli
Some people talk a load of shit sometimes.... smile

that's what he was saying! talk nice shit to me, and maybe, just maybe, i won't forget to tell you about the great jobs that come over my desk ...

#58187 - 09 Aug 07 09:35 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

It's true as well ..... as a recruitment consultant you speak to so many people on a daily basis that it is impossible to remember everybody. Most good recruitment consultants tend to search their brains before using searching a computerized database. If you build up a good relationship with a few rec cons you will find your phone starts ringing more.

#58240 - 09 Aug 07 15:17 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: chewwyUK]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Quoting: chewwyUK
It's true as well ..... as a recruitment consultant you speak to so many people on a daily basis that it is impossible to remember everybody. Most good recruitment consultants tend to search their brains before using searching a computerized database. If you build up a good relationship with a few rec cons you will find your phone starts ringing more.

Of course it's impossible to remember everybody. But that doesn't change the fact that on the whole, there is a specific way to talk to and deal with HR people. Once you get past the gatekeepers, then its easier to get the job.

#58274 - 10 Aug 07 08:28 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: yourfather]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Hmmmmmmm..... You cannot be suggesting that Recruitment Consultants are the gate keepers??? They are the ones that work their bollocks off to open the gates for people

#59314 - 20 Aug 07 22:01 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: chewwyUK]
yourfather Offline
Member+

......... well, lets just say, I got a knockback today in the mail for a job that I applied for over 3 months ago.

so ~ HR in Australia - dont even bother.

#59334 - 21 Aug 07 08:29 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: yourfather]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Ahhh -- recruitment and HR are very different .. recruitment people like to work fast -- 3 months is crazy

#59388 - 21 Aug 07 16:44 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: chewwyUK]
yourfather Offline
Member+

ok we'll agree with that one.

#84567 - 18 Aug 08 19:47 Re: so hard to find a job in indonesia [Re: yourfather]
BlueSkyLady Offline

Loc: Indonesia
have you got a job yet rafael? why do you not try to apply for a job as a teacher at EF (though they won't pay you that much at least you can make a living) or some new international or national plus schools?

Moderator:  NetCop