Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#57016 - 20 Jul 07 13:34 Paranoia OR Propaganda?
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
This little "intel" blurb comes from the most recent Van Zorge Report ( http://www.vanzorgereport.com ). Just when you think you can't be surprised by anything that some of our fine RI officials say or do... we get this bombshell!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

EU air ban linked to Maluku separatists: RI official

Conspiracy theories are never far from the surface of Indonesian political life. One of the more bizarre ones links the recent EU ban of Indonesian airlines to a demonstration held by Maluku separatists. The theory was told to an incredulous VZ Report staffer by a former high-ranking intelligence officer last week.

The EU's decision to impose a ban on Indonesian carriers could end up being negotiable if "Indonesia agrees to follow the EU's rules on politics and the economy," the officer told the Report.

"If Indonesia wants the EU to lift the travel ban for its carriers, do you know what kind of compromise we will be asked to make? It could be the release of dozens of pro-independence activists jailed in Maluku," the source said.

"These kind of political compromises are something common in the diplomatic world," he said.

More than 60 Maluku separatists are believed to be in Indonesian jails for raising the outlawed RMS flag after being arrested in demonstrations held during the past decade.

In early June a group of activists were arrested after performing a traditional cakalele war dance in front of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.

#57019 - 20 Jul 07 15:40 Re: Paranoia OR Propaganda? [Re: riccardo]
Gren Offline

sounds plausible ... what's the problem?

the problem withnyou, young riccardo, is that you have failed to integrate into the ways of our adopted homeland ...

#57021 - 20 Jul 07 15:45 Re: Paranoia OR Propaganda? [Re: Gren]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
string 'em up, fahkin Maluccan pig dogs. Java Uber Alles!!!

#57024 - 20 Jul 07 16:44 Re: Paranoia OR Propaganda? [Re: Gren]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Gren
sounds plausible ... what's the problem?

the problem withnyou, young riccardo, is that you have failed to integrate into the ways of our adopted homeland ...

I'll take that as a compliment, if by "failed to integrate into the ways..." you mean I've maintained my ability to think critically, logically and rationally despite being surrounded by the opposite of those things.

Seriously Gren, you think this is plausible?? The VZ report has some of the most knowledgeable people (both Indonesians and non-Indonesians) when it comes to the affairs of this country. They are not prone to fits of hyperbole, and never have been. AND YET, they are the ones using terms like "conspiracy theory" "bizarre" and "incredulous" to describe this particular take on things, by this particular RI intel officer.

But suit yourself, if you want to believe absurdly illogical rubbish just for the sake of "fitting in", go right ahead.

#57026 - 20 Jul 07 17:55 Re: Paranoia OR Propaganda? [Re: riccardo]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Quoting: riccardo

"If Indonesia wants the EU to lift the travel ban for its carriers, do you know what kind of compromise we will be asked to make? It could be the release of dozens of pro-independence activists jailed in Maluku," the source said.

Sounds fair enough to me. If this is a democracy then anyone can wave about whatever flags they want. Simple

Moderator:  NetCop