Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#56971 - 19 Jul 07 20:49 born baby in jakarta
rafael alejandro Offline

Loc: spain
Would anybody advise me on where my wife can deliver a baby in Jakarta?My wife is indonesian and me spanish.When I emailed a hospital(Bunda RS)they reply me that their fee is starting from 25-30 million rupiah.That is the normal fees in indonesia for a hospital?I am sure indonesian people pay no more than 300 or 500 thousand rupiah to deliver baby if not free.
I can not afford that fees,maybe they think I am an expat working in jakarta(like may expats with 10 thousand dollars salary per month,insurance and so on...)and that is not my case.
Any hospital or clinic that have normal fees(1 or 2 million rupiah)?there is not free hospitals in indonesia?in spain hospitals and medicines is free?we live in spain but we wish the baby born in indonesia,but if they wish to charging that fees I see that impossible,that is my salary for more than 2 months here in spain.what are the risks of delivering the baby at home with a midwife or at a small clinic?any advise please

Best regards
Thanks very much

#56972 - 19 Jul 07 21:01 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: rafael alejandro]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
Rafael,
I will fully advise you to use the hospital service instead of doing your own delivery at home with midwives. Im not underestimating the skill of the midwives here cos millions of people have done it and they have been successful. However, I still will strongly suggest you to go to the hospital. 20-30 million rupiah sounds right if you do it by Caesarian way and you are staying in a VIP room for probably one week (plus if your baby needs special treatment that he/she would have to stay in the hospital for the special care for about a week). HOwever, if you deliver the baby naturally and you decide to pick an average room (Class I or Class II room), with assumption that both your wife and child are in adequate condition post delivery, I would say you can just end up with around 7.5 million check. Bunda is considered a pretty good hospital for maternity service and therefore charge a bit higher than some other hospital around. The other decent one which charges a bit lower will be Hermina. There are many good doctors who are registered there. Please let me know if you need more advice.

#56975 - 19 Jul 07 21:21 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Shesca]
Clift N. Anthony Offline
Member+

Loc: Mama Roma's
do it in spain you dope. indnesia is a sexy place for singing and clubs but not for medical crap,, theyz all quaks

#56978 - 19 Jul 07 21:54 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Clift N. Anthony]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Rp 9 million is what i usually pay in jakarta. if you want to go to the daerah, you may only pay Rp 3 million at a birth clinic with obstetrician.

no money back guarantees, and you can't take the buggers back if they play up.

#57999 - 07 Aug 07 13:20 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Cuckoo Offline
Member++

Loc: fairyland
usually? hmph...

#58029 - 07 Aug 07 16:14 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Rp 9 million is what i usually pay in jakarta. if you want to go to the daerah, you may only pay Rp 3 million at a birth clinic with obstetrician.

no money back guarantees, and you can't take the buggers back if they play up.

yes but you have a loyalty card the number that your various wives have popped out

#58050 - 07 Aug 07 19:22 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
bonita Offline
Member+++

Loc: at my desk
hola Rafael, porque no en Espaņa? A friend (missing him huhuhu) gave me this info www.sanitas.es . Maybe it can help.

Good luck for the new born baby smile

#62638 - 30 Sep 07 16:20 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: bonita]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I have just checked out the Brawijaya Women & Children Hospital in Cipete. T: +62 21 721 1337. New hospital and very swanky inside. Pleased to report that it doesnt have that horrible hospital smell and looks like a good place to pop out a baby. Prices range from 5.2J to 14.5J for a normal birth (depending on the type of room) and from 11.5J to 26J to Sesar. Given the standard of the hospital I would say you could do worse than here.

Needless to say I think baby chewwy will be born here.

www.brawijayahospital.com

#62652 - 01 Oct 07 06:42 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Sad, first trolleys now this!

Attachments
downloading.jpg

#62653 - 01 Oct 07 06:49 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: chewwyUK
I have just checked out the Brawijaya Women & Children Hospital in Cipete. T: +62 21 721 1337. New hospital and very swanky inside. Pleased to report that it doesnt have that horrible hospital smell and looks like a good place to pop out a baby. Prices range from 5.2J to 14.5J for a normal birth (depending on the type of room) and from 11.5J to 26J to Sesar. Given the standard of the hospital I would say you could do worse than here.

Needless to say I think baby chewwy will be born here.

www.brawijayahospital.com

Actually, I am quite reassured by that horrible disinfectant type smell.

#62655 - 01 Oct 07 07:05 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Yes, it must be reassuring at your age!

#62665 - 01 Oct 07 11:07 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Cheeky bugger - I'm not the one wearing the plastic plus-fours or the disposable breeks.

#62695 - 01 Oct 07 20:32 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Apoligies for late respone!

Fuck off!

#62698 - 01 Oct 07 20:38 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: chewwyUK]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Prices range from 5.2J to 14.5J for a normal birth (depending on the type of room) and from 11.5J to 26J to Sesar.

Don't let 'em rip you off with the cesar. They always seem to do that one here as a money spinner. Evil buggers. A baby comes out the minge. Let it be trumpeted from the roof tops.

#62700 - 01 Oct 07 20:41 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Roy's Hair]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

We had a conversation on this subject this afternoon!

I told him to watch the baby arriving, but not to hang around for the bit that look's like the meat pie filling that comes out afterwards.

PS, what was in Piss's meat pies on Saturday?

I'm off to get a placenta supper!

#62702 - 01 Oct 07 20:43 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Dilli]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Piss was having a final ride on the fiveskin yesterday. It's all very hush hush

#62704 - 01 Oct 07 20:49 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Roy's Hair]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

SMS time on Friday! Effing loads off them!

#62711 - 02 Oct 07 05:20 bury the placenta [Re: Roy's Hair]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Anyone here go along with the custom of burying the placenta in the front garden (back garden, if available)? As for those pricey operasi cesar, can't be avoided when the doc says "this baby is much bigger than average and the wrong way around".

#62716 - 02 Oct 07 06:38 Re: bury the placenta [Re: kenyeung]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: kenyeung
Anyone here go along with the custom of burying the placenta in the front garden (back garden, if available)?

the hospital my last baby was born at had an ari-ari burying service provided by one of the midwives for an additional fee of Rp50.000. frankly, she could have just chucked it in the bin on the way out for all i know. but then, even that's better than being forced to take the thing home for burial ...

#62718 - 02 Oct 07 06:42 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Roy's Hair]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Roy's hair
Prices range from 5.2J to 14.5J for a normal birth (depending on the type of room) and from 11.5J to 26J to Sesar.

Don't let 'em rip you off with the cesar. They always seem to do that one here as a money spinner. Evil buggers. A baby comes out the minge. Let it be trumpeted from the roof tops.

They do it everywhere RH , they know that most fathers-to-be are frightened to death of the old fun box ending up looking like a crime scene so they play on this insecurity . Truth is it normally only gets a bit stretched out of shape for a couple of weeks.

#62720 - 02 Oct 07 06:44 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Just ask the midwife to put an extra couple of stitches in for good measure.

#62721 - 02 Oct 07 06:45 Re: bury the placenta [Re: kenyeung]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: kenyeung
Anyone here go along with the custom of burying the placenta in the front garden (back garden, if available)? As for those pricey operasi cesar, can't be avoided when the doc says "this baby is much bigger than average and the wrong way around".

Be careful if you live in an apartment - can make a terrible mess of ones window box.

#62723 - 02 Oct 07 06:52 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Dilli
Just ask the midwife to put an extra couple of stitches in for good measure.

All of this is blown out of proportion - having given birth myself this morning I can confirm that mechanical intervention is rarely required, and it was definitely "the wrong way around and bigger than normal" - Just grit your teeth , get behind it and give it some mortgage.

#62724 - 02 Oct 07 06:55 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Ah, you gave birth to an Englishman!

#62731 - 02 Oct 07 07:05 Re: born baby in jakarta [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Watch it you bloody porridge wog, season of forgiveness or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop