Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#56617 - 16 Jul 07 19:35 Terrorist whines in jail
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
PRISONERS BURN 'DIRTY BOMBER'
Exclusive by Graham Brough 16/07/2007

THE Dirty Bomb plotter was last night fighting for his life after fellow prisoners doused him with boiling oil and water.

Dhiren Barot, 35, is in intensive care with third degree burns after the attack in Frankland jail, Durham.

Inmates had previously made several death threats against Barot.

He is serving 30 years for plotting to plant radioactive, chemical or toxic gas bombs and pack limousines with nails and explosives in the UK and America. Al-Qaeda mastermind Barot had been moved from Belmarsh jail, South East London, after fears for his safety.

He was arrested in August 2004 and accused of conspiracy to murder. He admitted planning to bomb several targets including the New York Stock Exchange, the International Monetary Fund HQ, and the World Bank. Barot, who recruited other bomb plotters, was sentenced to life in prison last November. It was recommended he serve 40 years but that was cut to 30 years on appeal in May. Barot was born in India then moved to Kenya with his family. They came to England in 1973 and his banker father had to work in a factory to support them.

Hindu Barot converted to Islam aged 20. He later travelled to Pakistan for al-Qaeda training and funding.

---------------------------------

And Burkha-clad lawyer asks for special treatment...

A MAN jailed for plotting synchronised attacks in Britain and the US is "scarred for life'' after being attacked in prison, his lawyer said yesterday.

Mudassar Arani told British broadcaster Channel 4 News that Dhiren Barot, who was imprisoned for life last November, had "lost all hair on his head and he's got scarring all over his face up to his neck.''

"Somebody threw hot oil and hot water on my client, whereby he's been scarred for life,'' she said.

"He's being detained in healthcare at the moment and is receiving medical care.''

Channel 4 said the British prisons service confirmed that an inmate was scalded on his head and back, and the police had been informed.

Mr Arani said the attack supported her argument that Muslim inmates should be given special protection because they were "being targeted''.

--------------------------------------------------------

Can't do the time, don't go murdering people all the time. I bet he wishes he was in warm, sunny Gitmo about now, with only his fellow muzzie murderers as cellmates.

#56701 - 17 Jul 07 11:02 Re: Terrorist whines in jail [Re: riccardo]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
flush dat koran doon the lavvy lad

#56719 - 17 Jul 07 13:19 Re: Terrorist whines in jail [Re: Roy's Hair]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
i knew prisoners were good for something ...

Moderator:  NetCop