Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#56425 - 15 Jul 07 00:40 Lights out at Bung Karno
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Mr Piss Salon was at this game and SMSed me when it happened, but just got around to searching for this 'only-in-Indonesia' story....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Power failure embarrassment for Indonesia at Asian Cup

JAKARTA, July 11, 2007 (AFP) - A floodlight failure held up the crunch Asian Cup group D clash between South Korea and Saudi Arabia for 25 minutes on Wednesday in an embarrassment for organisers.

With just five minutes of the match remaining and the scores level at 1-1, the floodlights on one side of the stadium went out, plunging that part of the ground into darkness.

Australian referee Mark Shield immediately stopped the game and both sets of players moved to the side of the pitch as Asian Football Confederation (AFC) officials huddled to work out what to do with a global television audience watching.

Korean coach Pim Verbeek and his Saudi counterpart Helio Dos Angos could be seen on the side of the pitch shaking their heads in bewilderment.

As the clock ticked and frustrations started to show, Shields conferred with match commissioner Tokuaki Suzuki of Japan and agreed to resume the game when some of the lights, but not all, came back on.

"I would like to apologise for the incident this evening," said AFC director of communication Clare Kenny Tipton of the power cut.

"I'm told there was a power cut in areas across Jakarta, not just here. There is a back-up generator and fortunately the match was able to resume."

In such incidents, a referee has 30 minutes to decide whether to abandon the match or continue playing.

Korea had taken the lead on 66 minutes through Choi Sung-kuk but a dubious penalty 13 minutes from time allowed the Saudis to level matters.

Malek Maaz went down in the box under pressure from Oh Beom-seok and Yasser Al Qahtani sent Korean captain Lee Woon-jae the wrong way from the spot.

#56428 - 15 Jul 07 04:17 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Very newsworthy - is Islam fanatical fusing to blame ?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=power+cut&meta=

Only managed 167,000,000 returns, one of which was this:-

Last Updated: Thursday, 28 August, 2003, 20:06 GMT 21:06 UK

Power cut causes chaos

Some Tube stations were evacuated
A rush-hour power cut has caused major disruption on rail and Tube services in London and the South East.
Power returned to the system at about 1900 BST and the rail and tube network took several hours before most services resumed normal operations.

Network Rail said about 1,800 trains were affected by the power cut, caused by a fault with the National Grid.

Train company Connex reported the power went out between London and Ashford, in Kent.

South London was hardest hit and Transport for London said 60% of the Tube network was affected.

Extremely busy

Stations and trains were evacuated as commuters using the Tube were plunged into darkness and some were stuck underground as the power went off at about 1820 BST.

Buses quickly became extremely busy and lines of people waiting for taxis grew as commuters abandoned packed Tube platforms.

London Fire Brigade took 400 calls and say they rescued about 100 people who were stuck in lifts.

We need more cabs

Stranded commuter Jane Marriott

Commuter misery at power cuts
Mayor of London Ken Livingstone said at least 250,000 people were affected and said the situation showed the need for a serious look at the National Grid and why power went down for so long.

"We've never had this catastrophic failure before and we clearly can't have it again," he said.

British Transport Police say Tube services have been restored.

Commuter Jane Marriott, 27, was trying to get to Paddington from Canada Water on the Tube, but ended up taking the bus and walking part of the way.

She said: "It's absolute chaos, it's very wet which is making people very miserable.

Queues grew for buses and taxis
"A bit of the Blitz spirit is kicking in and people are talking to each other which is nice, but we need more cabs and more bus lanes."

Businesses and homes in Brixton, Battersea and London Bridge were plunged into darkness and police said 270 sets of traffic lights went out.

St Thomas's Hospital, in south-east London was among those which had to rely on back-up power generators.

Network Rail spokesman Kevin Groves said the situation was "unprecedented" as far as he knew.

'Very similar to New York'

The National Grid is investigating the cause of the fault but spokesman Sean Regan said any loss of power supply was "an unusual occurrence".

He added: "There was a fault in the 275,000 volt system affecting a ring around London, which occurred at 1826 BST.

"Power to the distribution network in London was restored at 1900 BST.

"Obviously it is going to take the regional distribution network some time to restore supplies to the end users of their system. Hopefully it shouldn't be long now."

Civil servant Alan Basford, 52, from Meopham, Kent, added: "This disruption seems very similar to what happened in New York, and it's also a bit strange the two events have happened close together."

#56429 - 15 Jul 07 04:19 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

And I found this while rubbing my bell-end with a cheese grater:-

Only-In-America.......

Power cut chaos hits millions in North America
ALASTAIR JAMIESON AND ANNETTE WITHERIDGE IN NEW YORK

MILLIONS of people across the north-eastern United States and Canada were plunged into confusion and chaos last night after a huge power cut.

Buildings were evacuated, airports shut down and rush- hour traffic became gridlocked after the blackout hit New York, Detroit, Cleveland, Toronto and Ottawa.

Amid scenes of panic which brought back memories of the 11 September attacks, hundreds of thousands of people in lower Manhattan fled office blocks and underground stations unsure of what had happened - although terrorism was quickly ruled out as a cause of the disruption.

Many were left trapped in darkness on subway trains in 32C (90F) heat while police officers - who admitted they had no idea what was going on - went into pre-arranged emergency mode.

"This is the highest level of security alert. The plans that were drawn up after 11 September are now in place," one officer said.

At the ferry terminal on 38th Street in the west of Manhattan, tens of thousands of people could be seen waiting for a ferry ride back to New Jersey.

It is thought a lightning strike at a power plant in Niagara, on the border between upstate New York and Canada, had shorted a large section of an electricity grid, causing cuts in New York and other cities, and throughout Ontario. More than half the 19 million inhabitants of New York state were left without power.

In Manhattan, the United Nations and New York Stock Exchange were affected by the outage.

Six airports - John F Kennedy and La Guardia in New York, Newark in New Jersey, Cleveland in Ohio, and Toronto and Ottawa in Canada - were closed to inbound or outbound flights.

Nervous New Yorkers took to the streets and gathered around radios to find out what was happening as all five boroughs were left without electricity.

The city’s mayor, Michael Bloomberg, was quick to reassure people that it was not terrorism and urged them to keep calm.

Kenneth Williams, a student who was on a train in lower Manhattan, said: "All of a sudden we stopped out of nowhere. Everyone had to walk to the back of the train in total darkness and then down a passageway. A lot of people were panicking."

"Everybody just flipped out," said nurse Mary Horan, describing her office. "Suddenly you start thinking about 9/11."

Many people rushed to shops to stock up on food and water.

Jane Bruce, who spent £40 at her local grocery shop in Manhattan’s East Village, said: "No-one knows how long it is going to be like this for. This is a safety precaution."

A blackout in New York City in 1977 left nine million people without electricity for up to 25 hours, prompting rioting and looting across the boroughs.

"There is no evidence of any terrorism at this point," said Michael Sheehan, the deputy commissioner for terrorism of New York City Police Department.

"We’ve talked to Washington and there are rumours, but none of them pans out."

Senior New York police officers gathered at the department’s operations centre, where the focus was on the ramifications of the blackout rather than its cause.

"We’re more concerned about getting the traffic lights running and making sure the city is okay, than what caused it," a police spokesman said.

There were reports of cuts in northern New Jersey, Connecticut and in several Vermont towns. Every prison in New York state reported a loss of power and switched to backup generators. In Albany, New York, several people were trapped in lifts in Empire State Plaza for more than an hour.

Mike Saltzman, a spokesman for New York Power Authority, a state-owned utility in White Plains, New York, said its two largest hydroelectric plants were operating but he did not know about 18 other smaller ones.

British Airways said it was experiencing disruption on its services to and from North America and was working on a contingency plan. A spokeswoman said: "We are experiencing disruption on services to and from the US and Canada, because of the power failure. We fully apologise for this, which is beyond our control, and we are doing all we can to assist passengers in the US and Canada.

"We are in the process of assessing what contingency plan we can put in place."

Virgin Atlantic said it had three flights en route to New York. "One is coming back to Heathrow, one is going to divert to Washington, the other is not due for some hours, and we have yet to decide what to do with it," a spokeswoman said.

Shut downs in the dark

• Power supplies to as many as 10 million people in southern Ontario cut off.

• The New York subway fails, leaving thousands of passengers reportedly trapped in total darkness. United Nations without power.

• Six north American airports were closed.

• Four nuclear power plants shut down in Ohio and New York state.

• Workers at car plants in Detroit go home.

• Cleveland, northern New Jersey, parts of Connecticut, Vermont and Hartford also affected.

• Public transport grinds to a halt in Toronto. City in gridlock.

#56430 - 15 Jul 07 04:26 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

And on a more serious note - Douglas the Lurpak butter character has started to melt as a result of global warming .

Attachments
2272-4887453.DuncantheLurpakButterMan.jpg

#56439 - 15 Jul 07 08:39 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
And on a more serious note - Douglas the Lurpak butter character has started to melt as a result of global warming.

and people think indonesia is bizarre ...

#56441 - 15 Jul 07 09:06 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

More sports-oriented embarrassment:

Last night in Ostrava at the IAAF World Youth Athletics championships, during the first round of heats in the 100m Hurdles Britain's medal hopeful, Jenny Taker, was in lane 2 and Indonesian (actually East Jawan) Widayanti Indah, was in lane 1. Jenny was out well, but beside her the Jawa gal smashed into not only her own hurdle but Jenny's as well, forcing Jenny to crash to the track, her dream and the dream of every Brit, for a medal was gone! The Jawa finished in dead last place, 3 full seconds behind the heat winner, and was given a big red flag and Disqualified from participating in any more events at the meet.
The moral of the story: Some people just should not be let out into society.

#56443 - 15 Jul 07 09:28 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
More sporting news just in!

(I wonder if he is related to Mr Gay?)

Attachments
2277-colon.jpg

#56494 - 15 Jul 07 15:28 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

It all happens in Orange County - do you suppose dear Allison Stocke had anything to do with this ?

I expect that her father defended The Demon Colon Pounder in any case - he has a penchant for such things .

#56496 - 15 Jul 07 16:02 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: riccardo
More sports-oriented embarrassment:

Last night in Ostrava at the IAAF World Youth Athletics championships, during the first round of heats in the 100m Hurdles Britain's medal hopeful, Jenny Taker, was in lane 2 and Indonesian (actually East Jawan) Widayanti Indah, was in lane 1. Jenny was out well, but beside her the Jawa gal smashed into not only her own hurdle but Jenny's as well, forcing Jenny to crash to the track, her dream and the dream of every Brit, for a medal was gone! The Jawa finished in dead last place, 3 full seconds behind the heat winner, and was given a big red flag and Disqualified from participating in any more events at the meet.
The moral of the story: Some people just should not be let out into society.

There may be some old pervs who look at the girlies hurdles and consider a medal to be the dream of every Brit but thankfully most normal people have more important day to day business to attend to - for example I was busy slurping Nigels best champagne and partaking in some fine barbequed lamb while poor Jenny was kissing the concrete .

East Java used to be firmly attached to the rest of Indonesia the last time I checked (even the chinese bits)

Do they have a small red flag ?

If she was "D"isqualified then she didn't get a time.

She knocked over a hurdle, she didn't invade Iraq - if she shouldn't be let out into to society for this heinous crime what should happen to Messrs. Bush and Blair ?

#56497 - 15 Jul 07 16:05 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
And on a more serious note - Douglas the Lurpak butter character has started to melt as a result of global warming.

and people think indonesia is bizarre ...

Quite true - Many of us do think that the possibility of Douglas melting is a great deal more serious than the floods in Bangladesh .

#56510 - 15 Jul 07 19:28 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

You are on a roll this afternoon! Tizer or Cider?

#56516 - 15 Jul 07 20:43 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

K , later though , mini-sesh chez Nigel yesterday

#56520 - 15 Jul 07 21:01 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Do you take the labels off the bottles and stick them on you arms to show how many "K"'s you have indulged in?

Never understood that one, but it taught me to stand well clear of 10 K people!

#56521 - 15 Jul 07 21:03 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I know this, I was one, one night! Very unpleasant memories the morning after!

#56524 - 15 Jul 07 21:04 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

I just figured out the gutter-minded, homophobic humor you guys were trying to work in there with that sports headline. Seeing as you fellas know ZILCH (nada) about any other sport in the world except for the one or two that the UK participates in, now I can understand where the confusion came from.

Bartolo Colón's name is pronounced KOH-LOAN (sounds like cologne and is not the same as the this punctuation mark : nor a human lower intestine.) He is one of the best pitchers (the guy who throws the ball to the batters, much like the 'bowler' in cricket) in a sport that some blinkered people know absolutely nothing about. And in that sport, when a pitcher gets "pounded" it's not referring to English money or that vile thing you fellas used to do at your all-boys school in the showers. It means the opposing team (at bat) got a lot of hits and runs against him. He is from the Dominican Republic, where they speak a language that is also wholly unfamiliar to you fellas. It's called Spanish, and the word Colón literally translates as Columbus.

So for me as an all-rounder sports person who knows about and respects every sport on the planet and who knows all about Bartolo and enough Spanish to understand the basics, reading that, the only thing I thought was, 'Oh they scored a bunch of runs against Bartolo', which, because he's normally so unhittable, is newsworthy.

#56526 - 15 Jul 07 21:12 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

When he's not getting pounded out on the mound, this is what Bartolo likes to do:

I doubt you fellas would have the huevos to accuse him face-to-face of being light in the loafers.

#56528 - 15 Jul 07 21:16 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

He can keep her! I stand by the original post

BTW, I did laugh at your explanation...

#56531 - 15 Jul 07 21:33 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: riccardo
When he's not getting pounded out on the mound, this is what Bartolo likes to do:

I doubt you fellas would have the huevos to accuse him face-to-face of being light in the loafers.

Precisely - he couldn't have been better named -
That's rich coming from you - spouting things that would get you a punch up the bracket in normal circles.

#56536 - 15 Jul 07 22:32 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Ya, lord knows what kind of punch your mate Ayam Bakar Basher would bash me with. Eeeeeew, I better keep quiet, I better not mock them, lest they ... whinge me to death.

#56539 - 16 Jul 07 00:38 Re: Lights out at Bung Karno [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

He is no mate of mine - don't talk like a cunt all of your life- try and take some time off .

I don't think I have ever said I agree with any form of cowardly terrorism - I expect old Ayam would feel sorry for you having a Kia and a wife bigger than you .

Several thousand people in NY on a day some time back didn't think anyhing would happen to them either and they weren't continuously being fucking ignorant and wanky (except perhaps by proxy) - whereas you kind of invite it by shitting on your own doorstep .

BTW being just a tad "ignorant",does Bart Rectum play that game derived from rounders that we invented?

As for you comments regarding language - well , shove them up your columbus.

Only fucking daffy Americans would print a headline like that and there is no surprise that it took you so long to understand it - what did it have to say for you to understand ? Degree educated yank can't understand humour that a 10 year old would normally get and you posted that old shit about made up names for your sports stars ? If he fell over then he would be Bartolo "prolapsed" Colon ?

#56542 - 16 Jul 07 03:54 Bad Sportsmanship, Bad Reporting [Re: riccardo]
kenyeung Moderator Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Poor Sportsmanship, Poor Reporting
The Jakarta Post is stating that Indonesia lost a soccer match against Saudi Arabia because of poor decisions by a referee from the UAE. The Post also states that Indonesian soccer officials said SBY complained about the ref. Reports by the Associated Press and Reuters do not suggest the refereeing was biased. According to the Post, SBY's "complaint" ("why was the ref from Arab Emirates?" according to detikcom) was stated by Indonesian Soccer Association chief Nurdin Halid (also a former corruption felon, crooked bureaucrat, tycoon and Golkar member). If SBY had any honor or balls, Nurdin would still be in jail for corruption, or at least not in charge of the Soccer Association. After his "complaint" SBY hastily released a statement praising the Indonesian team for playing well and losing honorably. Shame he can't say the same for Nurdin and throw him back in jail.

Indonesia files complaint with AFC over unfair refereeing
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA (JP): The Indonesian Football Association (PSSI) has filed a letter of protest with the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) following poor refereeing as Indonesia lost 1-2 to Saudi Arabia in the Asian Cup match on Saturday.

Elshinta radio station quoted Indonesian referee Jimmy Napitupulu that PSSI chairman Nurdin Halid decided to send a letter of protest with AFC after President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who came to the Bung Karno Stadion to watch the match, expressed his disappointment over the poor leadership of referee Ali Al Badwawi of Uni Arab Emirates.

Jimmy said that the match between Indonesia and Saudi Arabia was supposed to be led by a referee from China, but AFC made a sudden change before the match by appointing Badwawi as the referee.

Badwawi easily handed out five yellow cards to Indonesian players for committing light tackles agains Saudi Arabian players, but he did not look bothered with Saudi Arabian players committing fouls.

Indonesia will lose two midfielders Syamsul Bachri and Eka Ramdani in the last match against South Korea following two yellow cards they earned in the first two matches.

Indonesia is also likely without captain Ponaryo Astaman and another midfielder Mahyadi Panggabean due to injuries.(***)

-----------------------------------------------------

Indonesia fans demonstrate against Asian Cup referee
The Associated Press
Published: July 15, 2007
JAKARTA, Indonesia: Indonesian soccer fans demonstrated on Sunday against refereeing decisions in a 2-1 Asian Cup loss to Saudi Arabia, alleging the official was biased.

Carrying banners reading "The Referee is an Idiot!" and "Fair Play Please", the demonstrators chanted and shouted outside the luxury hotel where Asian Football Confederation officials are based during the tournament.

They accused Ali Al Badwawi, of the United Arab Emirates, of favoring Saudi Arabia because it was a Middle Eastern team.

"At the very least, they should have picked a referee from a neutral country like Australia or China," said Indra, one of around 200 fans at the protest. "The game was littered with bad decisions."

AFC spokeswoman Clare Kenny Tipton said representatives of the organization had met some fans at the demonstration and explained it was impossible to choose referees by their language or region.

"If we did that, we would be short of referees," she said.

Tipton said the Indonesian soccer association lodged a formal complaint about the referee on Sunday, but did not know the contents of the letter.

Tipton denied reported comments by Indonesia's soccer chief in which he said he had complained to the AFC before Saturday's match about the referee, adding if he had done so it would have made no difference.

Indonesia, some 90 placed below Saudi Arabia in the FIFA world rankings, lost the Saturday night game on an injury time goal after desperately holding on for the final 25 minutes.

The defeat means the co-hosts will now have to gain points against 2002 World Cup semifinalist South Korea in its final game on Wednesday to progress to the quarterfinals.

The AFC said it was preparing a statement on the protest, but had no comment in the meantime.

Badwawi handed out five yellow cards to Indonesian players and one to Saudi Arabia. None of the decisions stood out as particularly controversial or harsher than those in other games in the tournament so far.

Asked after the match what he thought about the referee, Indonesia coach Ivan Kolev said he thought some of his decisions "were a little strange" but declined further comment.

The Asian Cup is being held in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. Each country will host a quarterfinal, Malaysia and Vietnam will stage semifinals and the July 29 final will be in Jakarta.

=========================================

Saudis spoil Indonesia's party with late winner
Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:48 PM IST
JAKARTA (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia crashed Indonesia's Asian Cup party on Saturday by beating the co-hosts 2-1 in Group D thanks to Saad Al Harthi's stoppage-time winner.

After dominating for the better part of an hour, Indonesia simply ran out of gas in the latter stages.

Saudi Arabia, three times winners of Asia's premier soccer tournament, climbed to the top of the group on four points after the win, with Indonesia in second a point behind.

South Korea play Bahrain in the other group match on Sunday.

Indonesia coach Ivan Kolev, who had hoped for a brighter end to his 50th birthday, could not hide the heartbreak.

"I felt very disappointed for the team, especially for the supporters," said the popular Bulgarian, who received an ovation from the local media at the post-match news conference.

Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono was among the 88,000 in attendance at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, hoping to see the home side clinch a quarter-final berth with a win.
================

SBY Komplain Wasit.
Jakarta - Kepemimpinan wasit yang memimpin pertandingan Indonesia melawan Arab Saudi mendapat sorotan tajam dari pihak tuan rumah. Presiden Susilo Bambang Yudoyono pun komplain.
Tidak tanggung-tanggung, SBY melontarkan opininya itu lewat surat berkop negara yang ditulisnya sendiri, tak lama setelah menyaksikan langsung pertandingan tersebut di Stadion Gelora Bung Karno, Jakarta, Sabtu (14/7/2007), yang dimenangi Arab 2-1.
Hal tersebut dibenarkan oleh Ketua Umum PSSI Nurdin Halid, bahwa keputusan Konfederasi Sepakbola Asia (AFC) menunjuk wasit Ali Al Badwawi asal Uni Emirat Arab, yang notabene juga negara Teluk, perlu dipertanyakan.
"Tadi saya langsung dihubungi Pak SBY setelah pertandingan. Beliau komplain, kenapa wasit dari jazirah Arab," cetus Nurdin kepada wartawan,.
Dilanjutkan Nurdin, ia dan anggota Executive Committee (Exco) PSSI berencana menggelar pertemuan dan membahas rekaman pertandingan tersebut, sebelum melayangkan protes keras kepada Konfederasi Sepakbola Asia (AFC).
"Penampilan timnas sendiri tidak mengecewakan. Yang sangat mengecewakan adalah wasit," tandas Nurdin lagi.
"Saya langsung menghubungi Dali Taher (perwakilan Indonesia di AFC--Red) untuk ngomong masalah ini. Tapi Anda tahu Dali seperti apa, dia itu tak pernah membantu perkembangan sepakbola," sambungnya.

================================

SBY Tetap Sanjung Timnas.
Jakarta - Kekalahan bukan akhir segalanya. Dukungan dan dorongan semangat diberikan Presiden SBY kepada tim Indonesia yang menderita kekalahan dari lawannya Arab Saudi.
"Menyaksikan pertandingan tadi saya bersyukur, saya senang dan juga bangga, melihat permainan kalian yang sangat baik dan berkualitas," ujar SBY dalam tulisan tangannya yang dikirimkan Biroperssetpres yang diterima detikcom, pukul 23.36 WIB, Sabtu (14/7/2007).
Sesaat setelah pertandingan selesai, dalam siaran pers sebanyak 3 lembar itu dituliskan bahwa Presiden SBY langsung menelpon Ketua Umum PSSI yang juga diperdengarkan kepada para pemain dan pelatih.
Menurut SBY meskipun Indonesia kalah satu angka dari Arab Saudi namun kekalahan itu sangat terhormat. SBY juga menilai permainan tim Indonesia benar-benar baik dan kekalahan dari Arab Saudi adalah kemenangan yang tertunda.
"Saya melihat teknik kalian yang baik, fisik dan semangat yang tinggi dalam pertandingan tadi. Saya melihat awal kebangkitan dan kejayaan kembali sepakbola kita," imbuh SBY.
SBY pun menyatakan bahwa rakyat Indonesia baik yang ada di lapangan, maupun yang ada di seluruh tanah air ikut bangga melihat pertandingan tim merah putih.
"Teruslah mempersiapkan diri sebaik-baiknya untuk pertandingan yang akan datang. Selamat berjuang, Tuhan beserta kita," tandas SBY.

-------------------

Fans Palembang Siap 'Teror' Arab
etc...etc...

#56548 - 16 Jul 07 07:23 Re: Bad Sportsmanship, Bad Reporting [Re: kenyeung]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
"indonesia's" reaction to their loss in soccer is just so typical. this country should quite simply not be permitted to participate in international sports until such time as the concept of sport and sportsmanship is properly understood. the sight of those NKRI nationalists protesting outside the referee's hotel spouting slogans from the Orde Baru was absolutely disgraceful.

#56559 - 16 Jul 07 08:46 Re: Bad Sportsmanship, Bad Reporting [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Yeah. Tells you all u need to know about Indo-blame culture. Actually they played well but couldn't last 90 minutes - not enough nutrition in that Indo Mie

#56561 - 16 Jul 07 08:49 Re: Bad Sportsmanship, Bad Reporting [Re: kenyeung]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Quoting: kenyeung
AFC spokeswoman Clare Kenny Tipton said representatives of the organization had met some fans at the demonstration and explained it was impossible to choose referees by their language or region.

Clare Kenny Tipton!!?? who the fuck's that??!!

#56562 - 16 Jul 07 08:50 Re: Bad Sportsmanship, Bad Reporting [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Of course, it was quite clearly the fault of the Americans and Jews -- AGAIN.

Indonesia - the largest muzzie country - has had an infatuation for all things Arabic for the past decade, so the Americans and Jews stepped in to create animosity between the two in order to shatter the 'solidarity of the ummat' -- standard divide-and-conquer stuff. Just like they've done among the Palestinians, the Iraqis, the Afganis, the Lebanese, the Sudanese etc....

They shouldn't be having demos at a hotel, they need to go straight to the Jewish embassy on Jalan Jaksa.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop