Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#55919 - 09 Jul 07 13:33 POLL is this for real???
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Just like living at a rich friend's house

Empy Effendy, Contributor, Jakarta

Sometimes when traveling with a group of friends, one of them might ask, "Why should we stay at a luxury hotel and spend hundreds of dollars a night when we can still get a good night's sleep at a budget hotel?" That question would make you ponder for a while, and then you'd throw that friend out of the airplane without a parachute.

Luxury hotels definitely offer many advantages compared to budget hotels. For instance, one difference that everyone can see instantly is the type of guests. At a budget hotel, guests are likely to wander around in the corridor outside your room at 2 a.m. and talk in booming voices after uncontrolled intake of beer.

That of course is unlikely to happen when you stay at a luxury five-star hotel because the guests consist of more educated people. And they get drunk on wine instead of beer.

The advantages that luxury hotels offer really help guests feel pampered, which basically justifies the high rates that the hotels charge. There are a lot of advantages. For instance, when you visit Singapore or Hong Kong, you can explore the town much easier if you stay in a luxury hotel. Most luxury hotels are located near the heart of the city. Raffles Hotel in Singapore is located in the City Hall area, Four Seasons Hong Kong in the financial district and Marriott Hotel Singapore on Orchard Road, Singapore's shopping paradise. Whereas when you stay at a budget hotel, well, you might not know where the hotel is located because you are too afraid to go outside.

In that case you would certainly want to pay the hotel more than US$300 per night if you otherwise cannot have great rooms. Many luxury hotels in Singapore and Hong Kong design their rooms with luxury in mind. The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong even specially had its beds custom made and room service makes them up with Egyptian cotton sheets. It has marble bathrooms, complete with 18-karat gold fixtures. Furthermore, The Fullerton Singapore has stylish Philippe Starck designed fixtures in its rooms. It certainly is different from a boutique hotel, at which you often have to share a bathroom with other guests who might have watched the movie Psycho too many times.

As Singapore and Hong Kong have grown into the business and financial hubs of Asia, luxury hotels also provide a lot of facilities that cater to the many business travelers' needs. You can find various facilities at all hotels, such as business centers, meeting rooms, same-day laundry, baby sitting services, limousine, Internet access in your room, and the important features used by most business travelers, the mini bar. They also have a full range of sport and recreation facilities for its distinguished guests, such as gym, massage and spa center, etc. The Fullerton Singapore even provides Sony PlayStation in its rooms and Four Seasons Singapore has an opti-golf simulator for people who like to play golf but hate going out wearing checkered pants.

And let's not forget the service. All the facilities and nice furniture mean nothing if the service provided is given by someone who it seems was trained in a 24-hour drive-thru car wash. Fortunately, luxury hotels employ hundreds of personnel to service you in anything and everything. They will take you to your room and give a long briefing on everything, from how to turn on the TV, how to use the restroom, where the extra pillows are, where the ceiling is, where the windows are, etc., so that you catch on that you need to give big tips to all hotel personnel immediately.

The hotel industry also understands the importance of service and provides a lot of awards. For instance, Meritus Mandarin Singapore bagged the most Excellent Service Award from the Singapore Hotel Association, and the Peninsula Hong Kong was named Top Hotel for Service in Asia by Travel + Leisure magazine (USA).

Unfortunately, there are not many awards given to budget hotels. But of course that means budget hotels are bad. But budget hotels also have their advantages. Sometimes the environment is friendlier there, and of course the price is more affordable. But if you and your family want to have a great and luxurious time, you should try staying at a luxury hotel. It's just like living at a rich friend's house. And your children will like it there, and probably end up staying there for the rest of their lives ... after all, you will have to sell them to pay the hotel bills.
WTF???!!!
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 09 Jul 07 13:29
View the results of this poll.

#55927 - 09 Jul 07 13:55 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Quoting: riccardo

It certainly is different from a boutique hotel, at which you often have to share a bathroom with other guests who might have watched the movie Psycho too many times.

Which reminds me....

BTW Ricci, I can understand if you delete this!

Attachments
2189-shncdc_sml.gif

#55931 - 09 Jul 07 14:09 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Any excuse for a penis to raise it's ugly head .

Many people cannot use the simple facilities offered by hotels - look at the F****ng spanners you end up sitting next to on an aircraft - no , it's for real , people are that dasar and basic, and it isn't just limited to Indo people- count yourself lucky that you haven't flown on a 'plane full of Indians (assuming you haven't) .

#55933 - 09 Jul 07 14:20 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Ahcha TK Gandoo bukri chod!

Had a guy from Bombay to Dubai, stinking bastard, teeth going in two separate directions..

Came to land in Dubai and the immigration cards were issued, poor bastard could not read or write.

Got his passport, filled the card in except his passport said he was a Shepherd.

His immigration card when presented was rather different - Gynaecologist

#55939 - 09 Jul 07 14:52 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Well he probably was a Gynaecologist - after all a sheeps flange can't be that far different from a human one .

I could fill up an entire website with stories of "educated ignorance"

#55941 - 09 Jul 07 15:15 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Passengers onboard a transatlantic flight from Amsterdam to Newark were forced to sit in a "tidal wave of sewage" after toilets overflowed two hours into the flight.

Although the plane diverted to Shannon for emergency repairs, when it took off again the following morning the latrines leaked once more, leaving human waste sloshing in the aisles.

However, air cabin crew proceeded to serve the in-flight meal to the 200 passengers while warning them not to consume too much food or drink as only one toilet out of the six was working, despite there being six hours of the flight remaining.

"I've never felt so offended in all my life, I felt like I'd been physically abused. I was forced to sit next to human excrement for seven hours," passenger Collin Brock told the Times.

According to the Associated Press, Continental Airlines has apologised for the "poor conditions" which it claims were the result of someone flushing latex gloves down the toilet.

Flushed items were also the cause of a recent sewage problem in County Durham, after a pair of knickers and a bra got lodged in a pipe causing it to burst following heavy rains.

Well I see at last that Continental "peanuts" Airlines have at last upgraded their standards -

I personally can't see what the problem is - I have had to sit next to piles of excrement on many flights.

#55942 - 09 Jul 07 15:17 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

They think very highly of you also!

Attachments
2190-eartha_kitt_.jpg

#55945 - 09 Jul 07 16:28 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Enough of these poop and penis cracks, what do you guys/gals think this writer is trying to do? It was in today's JP supplements section. At first, I thought, oh my this is a really backward fool who knows nothing about the real world, BUT then the part about showing people how the bathroom works and where the ceiling is, I started thinking... 'Is this some kind of bizarre joke?'

What about the beer drunks and the wine drunks??? SAY WHAT??!!

OR this: "you might not know where the hotel is located because you are too afraid to go outside."

I mean, seriously, what is this?

#55949 - 09 Jul 07 17:08 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: riccardo]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
"count yourself lucky that you haven't flown on a 'plane full of Indians (assuming you haven't) . "

lol!!

yea, like the time when i was flying and this 'Indian gentleman' siting next to me, takes of his shoes and starts picking at his feet while i was being served a meal...faaaaaaaa

#55952 - 09 Jul 07 18:08 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: naga]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

did he give you any serunding ?

#55960 - 09 Jul 07 19:18 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

That's why I ALWAYS demand an EXIT ROW seat when booking a reservation. According to Int'l air safety regulations they can't put stupid people, fat people, cripples, illiterate people, or 3rd world goof balls in those seats. The people in those rows have a special responsibility, need to know how to read, open the door if needed and toss others off.

#55962 - 09 Jul 07 19:56 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

That's why I ALWAYS demand an EXIT ROW seat when booking a reservation. According to Int'l air safety regulations they can't put stupid people, fat people, cripples, illiterate people, or 3rd world goof balls in those seats. The people in those rows have a special responsibility, need to know how to read, open the door if needed and toss others off.

and thats why I ALWAYS travel business class or with an airline that I stand a fair to middle chance of getting a free upgrade from .

When push comes to shove - I shall be out of that fucking door, if necessary using a child as a battering ram .

We frequently see how ignorant people are trying to get on a flight , what will they be like in an emergency trying to get off the bloody thing ? you won't need to open the door, it will get ripped out still attached to a big section of airframe.

There are loads of old bollocks floating around regarding exit row regs - they occasionally shove the card in someones face and ask if they are willing to do the necessary (what twat would say "no" ?), but most of the time they don't bother.
Lufthansa are one of the few that still take this seriously ( well they would wouldn't they? especially near Dresden and Frankfurt)

#55966 - 09 Jul 07 21:34 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Empy Effendi (raised in Indonesia, grown in Singapore and not yet matured) is using sarcastic humor. His wife is a babe.

#55968 - 09 Jul 07 21:54 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: kenyeung]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: kenyeung
Empy Effendi (raised in Indonesia, grown in Singapore and not yet matured) is using sarcastic humor. His wife is a babe.

Nah , he isn't capable of it - he is probably as frightened of the escalator as any kampungan WNI - I don't fall for that old cobblers at all , I reckon he is one of the guys who takes photos of the aircraft he will travel in , pictures of clouds and claps when it lands - bet he also takes his nasi bungkus home too .

Is his wife really worth one then ?

#55969 - 09 Jul 07 21:56 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Enough of these poop and penis cracks, what do you guys/gals think this writer is trying to do? It was in today's JP supplements section. At first, I thought, oh my this is a really backward fool who knows nothing about the real world, BUT then the part about showing people how the bathroom works and where the ceiling is, I started thinking... 'Is this some kind of bizarre joke?'

Can we PLEASE get back to topic regarding Empy ? I think he is a window licker who gets confused with light switches but Keny thinks he has a bit of brain .

#55996 - 10 Jul 07 09:42 Re: POLL is this for real??? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
Can we PLEASE get back to topic regarding Empy ? I think he is a window licker who gets confused with light switches...

I think he'd prefer the term "special".

My younger brother was in school during the Oh-so-PC 1990s and the school's mascot was the BEARS. But the school also had a section for "special" kids and they weren't merely called Bears, they were the "Special Bears".

Moderator:  NetCop