Rate This Topic
#55566 - 05 Jul 07 08:38 foundations of australian foreign policy
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
this says it all:

Attachments
2151-ozus.jpg

#55567 - 05 Jul 07 08:41 Re: foundations of australian foreign policy [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Even Lady Liberty has her views on the current state of America!

Attachments
2152-TheworldsaystoAmerica.jpg

#55568 - 05 Jul 07 08:47 Re: foundations of australian foreign policy [Re: Dilli]
Pooh Bah

happy july 4 for all who celebrate it!

(for some reason the United Statians are celebrating today rather than yesterday ... could never figure that out ...)

#55569 - 05 Jul 07 09:31 Re: foundations of australian foreign policy [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Actually, most Indonesia-based USAnians celebrated this past weekend at the American Club in Kemang. It was more of a kids/family thing, BBQ and lots of snacks and games for the kids, topped off by the US Navy BRASS BAND doing their thing. All in all, kinda weird and twilight-zonish and fattening, but the baby seemed suitably mesmerized by all the goings on.

#55570 - 05 Jul 07 09:35 Re: foundations of australian foreign policy [Re: riccardo]
Pooh Bah

i love brass bands smile (very uncool to admit this!) and the US navy bands can be pretty groovy ...

#55572 - 05 Jul 07 09:50 Re: foundations of australian foreign policy [Re: KuKuKaChu]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Quoting: KuKuKaChu

(for some reason the United Statians are celebrating today rather than yesterday ... could never figure that out ...)

Jakarta is 15 hours ahead of the US...Happy Fourth to you all.
BBQ and fireworks are two big things here.

#55578 - 05 Jul 07 10:50 Re: foundations of australian foreign policy [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
i love brass bands smile (very uncool to admit this!) and the US navy bands can be pretty groovy ...

They were really good, don't get me wrong. They did a really inspiring, upbeat version of Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" and all I could think about was Robert Duvall's character in "Apocalypse Now" shouting "Great shot A-Team, outstanding! Owe you a case of beer for that one."

#55580 - 05 Jul 07 11:08 Re: foundations of australian foreign policy [Re: doremi]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
Quoting: doremi

Jakarta is 15 hours ahead of the US...Happy Fourth to you all.
BBQ and fireworks are two big things here.

hmmmm..love the fireworks....

Moderator:  NetCop