Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#55297 - 02 Jul 07 12:00 RI getting embarrassed
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Here's a scan of today's Editorial in THE POINT. I thought it was interesting because they say the "nation" is NOW embarrassed because of what foreigners think or have done recently. It seems to be a very Javanese way of viewing things. Weren't they already embarrassed by these things BEFORE others in the world noticed them? Why don't RI leaders, journos etc, have any desire to fix or change those things that they already know are screwed up? Do they deem these screw-ups as OKAY if only Indonesians know about them?

Attachments
2121-Thepoint.jpg

2122-pointEDitorial.GIF

#55321 - 02 Jul 07 13:54 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: riccardo]
kenyeung Moderator Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
I could only read about a third of that. I think "The Point" should be more embarrassed than Indonesia.

#55325 - 02 Jul 07 14:06 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: kenyeung]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: kenyeung
I could only read about a third of that. I think "The Point" should be more embarrassed than Indonesia.

mereka tidak tahu malu.

#55344 - 02 Jul 07 17:02 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
Embarrasement doesn't always make people wanna do something about it. Are you referring the question to the indo goverment? intelectual people? or 200 million indonesian citizen? because reading it made me depressed

#55348 - 02 Jul 07 17:28 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: emmajkt]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Quoting: emmajkt
Embarrasement doesn't always make people wanna do something about it. Are you referring the question to the indo goverment? intelectual people? or 200 million indonesian citizen? because reading it made me depressed

The questions are largely rhetorical in nature, but broadly addressed to the JakChat community or others who read this. I doubt government ministers read this for tips on saving the nation.

#55350 - 02 Jul 07 17:47 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: emmajkt]
Pujangga

Cuckoo is saying The Point has no shame in being crap.

I've read the editorial in full now and fed the dog.

Quoting: The Point
So, with all these embarrassing incidents, what should he do? And where are we heading?

Simple:

Extradition Treaty with Singapore: Only humiliating to the corrupt elite. "What should he do?" Make sure the crooks are sent home and jailed.

Migrant Workers Mistreated: Indonesian menial workers get a worse deal and often mistreatment in their own country. "What should he do?" Pull himself. Or fix the economy so that one day Indonesians will not need to go abroad to earn a decent wage.

Unsafe Airlines: Adam Air should have been shut down months ago - that would have sent a message. "What should he do?" Shut down Adam Air.

Separatist flag waved at president: Dasar cengeng. "What should he do?" Revoke the ban on RMS and have Java/generals meddle less in Ambon politics. And pull himself again.

#55355 - 02 Jul 07 18:15 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: kenyeung]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
ken, there are a distressing number of "do's" in your message. this could cause massive confusion within the indonesian government.

#55365 - 02 Jul 07 18:40 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pujangga

Fortunately I'm retarded.

It is rumored that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono drinks a liter of cats' blood every morning because he believes it will render him immune to impeachment.

Edited by kenyeung (02 Jul 07 21:56)
Edit Reason: see above

#55489 - 04 Jul 07 00:02 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: riccardo
Quoting: emmajkt

The questions are largely rhetorical in nature, but broadly addressed to the Jakchat community or others who read this. I doubt government ministers read this for tips on saving the nation.

But I have no doubt that they DO read it though - just to identify those not married to pribumi so they can potentially give them a reaming now and then .

#55490 - 04 Jul 07 00:10 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: riccardo
Here's a scan of today's Editorial in THE POINT. I thought it was interesting because they say the "nation" is NOW embarrassed because of what foreigners think or have done recently. It seems to be a very Javanese way of viewing things. Weren't they already embarrassed by these things BEFORE others in the world noticed them? Why don't RI leaders, journos etc, have any desire to fix or change those things that they already know are screwed up? Do they deem these screw-ups as OKAY if only Indonesians know about them?

Did you ever work for The Point Riccardo ?

Why can't these fuckers learn to spell - with INA being a former londo colony , then surely the Dutch-English spelling should be employed - I'm only posting this because like you such pathetic mistakes annoy me so (that and you whinged like fuck about one of the few decent articles posted here , and also that you didn't like reference to your past failings posted)

What is "such a very javanese way of viewing things " surely you mean Indonesian way of viewing things by virtue of the fact the Indonesia has many ethnic groups , including unfortunately many Tjiongoes , most of which don't wish to integrate .

#55529 - 04 Jul 07 11:12 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
"Slowly, but surely, the nation's pride is been eroded'

jeeeeeeeezus..........

#55535 - 04 Jul 07 14:19 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu

mereka tidak tahu malu.

mereka tidak tahu apapun

#55583 - 05 Jul 07 11:25 Re: RI getting embarrassed [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
Quoting: KuKuKaChu

mereka tidak tahu malu.

mereka tidak tahu apapun

betul itu!! lolololol.....

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop