Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54792 - 27 Jun 07 14:56 AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice

Wed Jun 27, 12:15 AM ET

JAKARTA, Indonesia - Marijuana possession should remain a crime in Indonesia, but chefs who use the herb as a traditional way to season curries should not be arrested, the country's vice president told local reporters.

Cooks in parts of Indonesia a nation that executes drug traffickers say they use tiny amounts of crushed marijuana leaves or seeds as a spice in certain dishes.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Vice President Yusuf Kalla said there was "no way" Indonesia would legalize or decriminalize marijuana as some countries in western Europe have done.

"It is all right to use it as a food seasoning, but it should not be fully legalized," Kalla was quoted as saying by The Jakarta Post.

Kalla did not address the problems such a stance might pose to police tasked with arresting marijuana users. Officers have never previously cracked down on the use of marijuana in the kitchen or said the practice was a particular problem.

Kalla and the police chief both reiterated their support for the death penalty for drug traffickers, noting that neighboring Malaysia and Singapore also execute offenders.

#54794 - 27 Jun 07 14:58 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

once again, moron Veep opens his mouth before engaging his brain.

#54797 - 27 Jun 07 15:10 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
well im off to bake a cake ....

#54811 - 27 Jun 07 16:25 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: chewwyUK]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
does this mean they'll now serve 'happy pizza' @ sporties?

#54812 - 27 Jun 07 16:28 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: naga]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: naga
does this mean they'll now serve 'happy pizza' @ sporties?

why not? i mean, the veep said we could, so it must be ok.

#54826 - 27 Jun 07 21:33 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
File under Kalla is a cunt;

Obviuosly he has met residents of Acheh recently, buying votes.

The man who put the toke in Toko

#54841 - 28 Jun 07 07:41 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: KuKuKaChu]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
i've heard that, never thought it was real. How fucked up is that? i mean... only ok for spice? why don't they just legalise it like in Netherland devilyay

#54855 - 28 Jun 07 08:29 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Quoting: KuKuKaChu

"It is all right to use it as a food seasoning, but it should not be fully legalized," Kalla was quoted as saying by The Jakarta Post.

He's done it again. Must be going for the W. Bush foot in mouth award. What an utter tit this guy is.

#54856 - 28 Jun 07 08:32 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: Roy's Hair]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

he may be a tit but you have to admire the mans honesty

#54857 - 28 Jun 07 08:33 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: Roy's Hair]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Also who uses weed as a spice? It's not spicy and doesn't have any seasoning flavor at all . That's just an excuse so the Acehnese can get mashed off their tits and still flog beer drinkers.

#54859 - 28 Jun 07 08:35 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: chewwyUK]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: chewwyUK

I admire the man's moustache. Anyone who can proudly sport a spivvy second hand car dealer's tash like that and not flinch when he looks in the mirror deserves some respect perhaps.

#54862 - 28 Jun 07 08:40 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: Roy's Hair]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Roy's hair
Quoting: chewwyUK

I admire the man's moustache. Anyone who can proudly sport a spivvy second hand car dealer's tash like that and not flinch when he looks in the mirror deserves some respect perhaps.

he reminds me of a south american dictator ... (could be a prophesy in these words).

#54867 - 28 Jun 07 09:01 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

So it's all that weed in the Acehnese grub that's slowing down the reconstruction. Now it all makes sense

#54871 - 28 Jun 07 09:42 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: Roy's Hair]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Also who uses weed as a spice? It's not spicy and doesn't have any seasoning flavor at all . That's just an excuse so the Acehnese can get mashed off their tits and still flog beer drinkers.

Fabio was up there for a while and did a couple of interesting feature stories on their beef/ganja soup (forget the local name), but in the process he found that it does have a good deal of flavor, not "spice" as in spicy, but like an herb such as oregano. Also, in the course of his research he came across a report done by some European fella, who said they use all stems, seeds and other bottom-of-the-barrel bits, and that the measured THC count was so low you'd have to eat like 20 bowls of soup in one sitting to get buzzed.

#54874 - 28 Jun 07 10:07 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: riccardo]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

I've cooked with the stuff before but never found it very flavorsome (although I did get totally baked). I guess Oregano would be an apt comparison though

#54878 - 28 Jun 07 10:52 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: Roy's Hair]
Pooh Bah

I've cooked with the stuff before but never found it very flavorsome (although I did get totally baked). I guess Oregano would be an apt comparison though

oregano? tried that. didn't get high at all. what a rip off!

#54888 - 28 Jun 07 12:07 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

I think if you sprinkle some dry leaves into the brownie mix, there won't be any flavor. It's like anything, it's all about the preparation. E.g., when I have time to do a real pasta and only have dry oregano and basil, it really helps to bring out the flavor if you soak the dried flakes in a few teaspoons of hot, salty water and literally mash out all the flavor with a spoon or mortar. This is exactly what the Acehnese cooks do with their ganja before it is mixed in with the curry. They also use fresh bits too.

#54900 - 28 Jun 07 12:54 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
bwahaha.. is this serious, one thing i can imagine, it will taste delicious anyway. Its about the Munchies not the flavour i bet. awsome

#54923 - 28 Jun 07 14:18 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: emmajkt]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Coming to a Circle K near you!

#54988 - 29 Jun 07 09:38 Re: AP/Indonesian VP OKs marijuana as spice [Re: Dilli]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Is that rough shag? Always enjoy filling pipes

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop