Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54577 - 25 Jun 07 09:01 laughing AT posh
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
And yet another clueless, kampungan Brit who just does not get California. What an embarrassment! And look at all that poor quality cosmetic surgery she's had...

Why dressed-down Hollywood is laughing at Posh's impossibly over-done wardrobe
By ASHLEY PEARSON - More by this author Last updated at 01:14am on 25th June 2007

Desperate to make a big style splash when she moves to the U.S., Victoria Beckham has been pulling out all the fashion stops with a constantly changing wardrobe of ever more outre outfits.

Indeed, it seems all too apparent that Victoria's uniform of tailored dresses and sky-high heels will have to change if she is going to survive in her new surroundings.

LA stylist Cliff Hoppus, who has worked with everyone from the contestants on American Idol to film star Rachel McAdams, says: "LA style is all about being low key. It's not about showing you have money or class, it's about making the point that you are so comfortable in yourself that you can wear whatever you want. Real LA people know how to dress down."

Off-duty snaps of LA's most famous leading ladies confirm Cliff's views.

Jennifer Aniston seems to have trademarked her distinctive look of trendy designer jeans teamed with casual cotton tank tops, while Cameron Diaz models the latest in sportswear when she is photographed coming in and out of her gym.

Sometime British resident Gwyneth Paltrow appears to live in her Birkenstock sandals when in LA and her often messy, straggly hair suggests a woman who doesn't bother about looking perfect.

Even Brit-in-LA movie star Kate Beckinsale has adapted her look to fit in on the West Coast - she is regularly spotted in T-shirts and leggings shopping on Melrose Avenue with her daughter Lily.

According to Blaine Zuckerman, the West Coast editor of Glamour magazine: "We have no financial district in Los Angeles. Men and women go to work here in the sort of clothes people in other parts of the country wear on Casual Fridays.

"We dress in a way that is a relaxed version of the New York/Paris look. It is more comfortable and suitable to our lifestyle and weather."
But while she may think she looks fabulous stepping off the plane in skin-tight black leggings, donning a lace couture dress for a stroll through the park and sporting wedge-heeled trainers to throw out the first pitch at Dodger Stadium, style insiders are busy laughing behind her back.

It gets worse -- here's the rest of the story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=464085&in_page_id=1879

#54578 - 25 Jun 07 09:16 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Yeah I am sure poor old posh is going to lose sleep over what LA stylist Cliff Hoppus has to say.

I don't rate the woman much but you have to admire what she has done with not a lot of talent. she has made millions off the back of the spice girls, Landed one of the highest earning sports people on the face of the planet, stayed married through all the media bollocks and managed to work in to the social scene of most countries.

While Cliff Hoppus is sitting at home pointing out peoples faults old posh will be invited to every LA hotspot and party -- lets not forget who their "best friends" are in LA -- Tom and katie

Never under estimate the power of posh --- she knows every trick in the book

#54579 - 25 Jun 07 09:17 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
And she takes it up the oops, wrong thread!

#54581 - 25 Jun 07 09:19 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Lets face it -- the girl has about 10 years experience in dealing with the British media. I can't think of to many people who have held there own with that lot for very long

#54595 - 25 Jun 07 09:49 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: chewwyUK]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: chewwyUK

While Cliff Hoppus is sitting at home pointing out peoples faults old posh will be invited to every LA hotspot and party -- lets not forget who their "best friends" are in LA -- Tom and katie

Indeed she will be invited, sorta like a comedy sideshow act, so everyone else can mock her and have a good laugh the rest of the weekend. "Did you see what that sad little 'nouveau riches' kampungan was wearing on Friday -- hilarious..."

#54598 - 25 Jun 07 09:57 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

like i say ricc .. the girl wont give a shit. Let LA mock and treat her like a side show freak ... after all she will be in good company ... Nick Nolty, Paris Hilton, Sharon Osbourne, Liz taylor etc etc

This girl is so good at manipulating the media she even has you talking about what she is doing!! hehehe

#54600 - 25 Jun 07 10:07 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
bashing at posh...well well well, those americans always think that fashion and a lot of other things is always need to fit with their the standards. Bashing, insulting and laughing at what people's wear, is a disgrace. I don't think gwinie or beckinsale really want to low-dress, its called 'adopting' the culture. The truth is how people's dress really describe they really are. I admire Vic 'posh' she looks fabulous, beautiful and absolutely gorgeous! Its freedom for people to wear and express whatever. Those american media and what they called fashion expert should shut the fuck up and get a life

#54604 - 25 Jun 07 10:33 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: emmajkt]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Agreed Emma --- i cant stand these morons who talk endless drivel about what people are wearing. Who the hell cares!

I am however still in shock that this is an area that ric would want to post on. What hope is there for the rest of us if the resident intellectual is posting about what posh spice is wearing! It was only a few hours ago he was rightly saying "I refuse to dumb down"

#54605 - 25 Jun 07 10:34 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Agreed Emma --- i cant stand these morons who talk endless drivel about what people are wearing. Who the hell cares!

This much is obvious judging by your dress code on Friday night!

#54606 - 25 Jun 07 10:37 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Im sure I looked dashing on Friday ....

The Mrs was impressed by my prowess as a tequila fueled love machine. Woke up Saturday morning to her saying i stank and was asleep within seconds of walking through the door.

#54607 - 25 Jun 07 10:49 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: Dilli]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Quoting: Dilli

This much is obvious judging by your dress code on Friday night!

I personally admire how british and european men dress, they usually dress neat and propper. No girls wanna go out with a guy, who wear sports tshirt or shorts all the time, nothing wrong with dressing up sometimes..

Here they go a tip from me, if you wanna impress a girl just dress up a bit, make an effort if you wanna meet your date for example. Girls like guys that neat, clean and smells good. Wear CK cologne is a must.

Remember, you don't have to be 'jhonny depp' look a like just simply dressy can make a lot of change.

hahaha... just a little bitty tip..

#54609 - 25 Jun 07 11:03 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: emmajkt]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Different strokes for different folks. She'll always have her following, just like Jerry Springer has his following and William Shakespeare has his.

I'm sure the types that like or defend Posh are the same ones that save up all their money for the $1,000 cell phones with the ringtone of "Puttin' on the Ritz", letting it play for a long time during a big meeting before answering, and then yelling into the phone so everybody notices the expensive cell phone...

These people actually "think" others are admiring them and their cell phone, when in fact, everybody is mocking them...

#54610 - 25 Jun 07 11:11 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

and i'm sure your stereotyping and generalisation can be completely crap...

#54611 - 25 Jun 07 11:12 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

getting a little off topic here ricc. I am defending Posh and can assure you that i dont own an expensive mobile, My ring tone is the happy Mondays "hallelujah" and my phone is always turned off during meetings.

however, I don't deny that people constantly mock me

#54613 - 25 Jun 07 11:18 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: chewwyUK]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

i'm pretty sure those californians mocking posh is something to do with her being famous british, ironically more famous the person in the states, the more they have to do mental battle. Stupid unnecessary critism about people's dress? give me a break

#54614 - 25 Jun 07 11:25 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: emmajkt]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

It's not just Californians that mock her, the British did, The Spanish, The Italians ... she just brushes it all off and keeps going.

Like i say you have to admire somebody who has done so much on not a great deal of talent

#54615 - 25 Jun 07 11:29 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

And takes it up the - oops, still the wrong thread!

#54616 - 25 Jun 07 11:30 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Like i say you have to admire somebody who has done so much on not a great deal of talent

she's clearly your role model in this respect.

#54617 - 25 Jun 07 11:34 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Easy there Kuku, think you nearly lost the head there!

#54618 - 25 Jun 07 11:36 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

This is very true kuku ... I do like to see people achieving more than their talent suggests.

It's always fascinating when you see somebody with average intelligence achieving much better results than somebody with the brain the size of a planet.

#54619 - 25 Jun 07 11:36 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: emmajkt]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: emmajkt
and i'm sure your stereotyping and generalisation can be completely crap...

No. I think we can say with near 100% certainty that anyone who shows off their cell phone in such a crass display like that, is indeed a 100% crass kampungan.

The REAL generalizations and stereotypes are these:
how british and european men dress, they usually dress neat and propper. No girls wanna go out with a guy, who wear sports tshirt...
those americans always think that... Those american media and fashion experts should...

#54620 - 25 Jun 07 11:39 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

The REAL generalizations and stereotypes are these:

" how british and european men dress, they usually dress neat and propper. No girls wanna go out with a guy, who wear sports tshirt..."

I would like to state for the record that the last time I saw ric he was wearing shorts and a T-shirt hehehehehe

#54621 - 25 Jun 07 11:44 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

I would like to say at this point in time that while I do like winding you up from time to time ric even I am sitting here thinking why the hell is ric posting stuff about posh spice. At least your usual posting have a bit of meat on their bones. What made you pick up on old posh?

#54624 - 25 Jun 07 12:01 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: riccardo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Quoting: riccardo
Different strokes for different folks. She'll always have her following, just like Jerry Springer has his following and William Shakespeare has his.

I'm sure the types that like or defend Posh are the same ones that save up all their money for the $1,000 cell phones with the ringtone of "Puttin' on the Ritz",

and this is what i called stereotyping and generalisation, THIS is crap

#54625 - 25 Jun 07 12:18 Re: laughing AT posh [Re: emmajkt]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Even I can't believe I am wasting my time on this .. but what the hell.

These are the people who will no doubt be laughing at the way posh is dressed:

Attachments
2042-bwaliciakeyslg.jpg

2043-GRambertamblyn300.jpg

2044-GRamylee300.jpg

2045-worst35.jpg

2046-worst36.jpg

2047-worst38.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop