Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54572 - 25 Jun 07 08:33 Gay Makes History!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
INDIANAPOLIS - Undeterred by a soggy track and slight headwind, Tyson Gay cemented his status as the world's dominant sprinter by winning the AT&T men's 200 meters in the second-fastest time in history Sunday at AT&T USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships. In addition to two national titles, Gay came away from the meet with the men's Visa Championship as the top male performer of the Visa Championship Series, while Tiffany Williams was women's Visa Champion.

The final meet of the 2007 Visa Championship Series, the AT&T USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships serves as the Team USA selection competition for the 2007 IAAF World Outdoor Championships in Osaka. The top three finishers in each event who have achieved the IAAF "A" standard make the team.

Already having won the 100m on Friday night in a meet-record 9.84, Gay put on another impressive display Sunday in the 200. Coming off the curve, he held a huge lead and continued to win in 19.62 seconds (0.3 meters-per-second headwind), the #2 time ever, behind only Michael Johnson's world record of 19.32 from the 1996 Olympics. It breaks Johnson's meet record of 19.66 set in 1996, which at the time was a world record.

World Championships silver medalist and defending U.S. champion Wallace Spearmon, Gay's training partner, began to close in the final meters but had too much distance to make up. Spearmon ended up second in 19.89, with Rodney Martin third in 20.18 and Jeremy Wariner fourth in 20.35.

Webb breaks Scott's meet record

Alan Webb has long spoke about wanting to break Steve Scott's records, and he got one of them Sunday in a thrilling Nike men's 1,500m. Webb ran in the style that suits him best, taking the lead and pushing the pace. Webb towed the pack through quick splits of 57.56 for 400m and 1:56.23 for 800, when defending champion Bernard Lagat took the lead.

Webb and company stayed right with Lagat, however, with Said Ahmed, Chris Lukezic and Leonel Manzano also tailing the leader. Lagat passed 1,200 in 2:53.8 as the race continued to escalate. Coming off the final curve, Lagat, Webb, Lukezic and Manzano all were in the running, and it came down to a final sprint.

As he did to win the Reebok Grand Prix, Webb displayed a sizzling kick in the last 30 meters to win in 3:34.82, breaking Steve Scott's meet record of 3:34.92 set in 1982 and winning his third career national title. The University of Texas' Manzano passed Lagat to place second in 3:35.29, with Lagat, who on Friday won the 5,000, placing third in 3:35.55. It was the fastest third-place time in USA Championship history.

Carter knee drama

Xavier Carter, who heading into the meet was the second-fastest man in history over 200 meters, went down with a right leg injury approximately 150 meters into the first race of the day, the men's 200m semifinals. Carter's agent, Mark Block, said a medical evaluation revealed that Carter's right knee had dislocated, popping out during the race but then popping back in. No further damage was seen, but Carter will continue to be evaluated.

Big attendance

Despite damp conditions the final two days, an impressive total of 33,540 fans attended the 2007 AT&T USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships.

For complete results and athlete quotes, visit www.usatf.org

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/display_article.php?id=16216

#54573 - 25 Jun 07 08:38 Re: Gay Makes History! [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
A very unfortunate Topic headline.....

#54599 - 25 Jun 07 10:05 Re: Gay Makes History! [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

What's even more interesting, is that Tyson Gay's fantastic race was done on Sunday in the US, which by coincidence, was actually GAY PRIDE DAY!

And I'm sure the Gay family was very proud of Tyson.

All jokes aside, this guy is seriously on course to break both the 100m and 200m WORLD RECORDS. I've got a tentative gig in Osaka in August for the World Championships and it could happen there because their new, super-modern track surface is said to be lightning quick.

#54601 - 25 Jun 07 10:11 Re: Gay Makes History! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

For all you Gay lovers, here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0wqZw8Ig_4

#54603 - 25 Jun 07 10:17 Re: Gay Makes History! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

On Friday, GAY won the US national championship 100m and put a serious beat-down on the highly touted DIX.

Gay runs 9.84 world season lead into the wind – US Champs, Day 2

Saturday 23 June 2007

Indianapolis, USA - Before Friday (22), we knew Tyson Gay was fast. Yesterday we learned he is VERY fast.
Gay finished more than two meters ahead of runner-up Trindon Holliday’s second-place 10.07 and NCAA champion Walter Dix third in 10.09...

#54973 - 29 Jun 07 07:56 Re: Gay Makes History! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

so that's why Gay is good...

Attachments
2095-394x500-think.gif

#54974 - 29 Jun 07 08:07 Re: Gay Makes History! [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Bet he enjoys this....

Attachments
2096-cockinyourcolon.jpg

#55721 - 06 Jul 07 17:34 Re: Gay Makes History! [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
How long till they bust Gay for steroids then? I hear the community is not adverse to taking performance-enhancing supplements.

#56085 - 11 Jul 07 11:29 Re: Gay Makes History! [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Another resounding victory for our favorite GAY last night in Lausanne, Switzerland:

Here's the story:
Despite the cold, Gay blasts 19.78 in Lausanne – IAAF World Athletics Tour
Tuesday 10 July 2007

Lausanne, Switzerland – In cool and unfavourable conditions, Tyson Gay stormed to an impressive 19.78 in the 200 metres topping the bill of another great edition of Lausanne’s Athletissima Super Grand Prix, part of the IAAF World Athletics Tour 2007.

Commanding victory for Gay
The evening was far from ideal but despite chilly temperature Gay made another superb show running the third sub-20 seconds time of the season. Gay showed that in more ideal conditions he could soon break the 19.6 barrier this season.
http://www.iaaf.org/GP07/news/Kind=2/newsId=39526.html

And here's the video:
http://rs107.rapidshare.com/files/42194401/lausanne_m200.avi

Moderator:  NetCop